|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(d) International matters.
2. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
(b) Herr Man.
3. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
4. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Family members.
(b) Poor peasants.
(c) Irish writers.
5. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
6. Where was the Nobel Prize reception held?
(a) A fancy hotel.
(b) The National Convention Center.
(c) The docks.
(d) The Royal Palace.
7. What did most of the theaters in Ireland perform plays for?
(a) Food and other trade goods.
(b) High charges.
8. How did Yeats travel to Stockholm?
9. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(b) New from friends.
(c) Passengers on the boat.
10. What was Maud's occupation?
11. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) An Irish man wants to be English.
(b) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(c) A man beats a woman.
(d) A Catholic priest is the villain.
12. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
(a) Observe different kinds of people.
(b) Get critiques from different kinds of people.
(c) Live with different kinds of people.
(d) Write for more than one group of people.
13. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) Her son was killed.
(c) Her inheritance was taken away.
(d) She lost part of her fortune.
14. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
(a) Philosophy and Spiritualism.
(b) Politics and Government.
(c) History and the Past.
(d) Poetry and Literature.
15. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
(a) Material things.
(b) Their jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
2. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
3. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
4. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
5. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)