|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
2. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
(b) The woods.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Big cities.
3. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
(a) His childhood.
(b) English History.
(c) Irish Theater.
(d) His feelings about literature.
4. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(a) New from friends.
(b) Passengers on the boat.
5. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
(a) War planes over head.
(b) The fall of the English government.
(c) Synge's death.
(d) Yeats's wedding.
6. What country did Davitt want to protect?
7. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
(a) To travel abroad.
(b) To return to his homeland.
(c) To move to America.
(d) To live by water.
8. What did Yeats say made Moore's writing improve?
(a) His time in the theater.
(b) His time in the company of writers.
(c) His criticism.
(d) His love affairs.
9. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
10. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(c) International matters.
11. What year did Yeats win the Nobel Prize?
12. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
(b) Material things.
(c) Their jobs.
13. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
(a) Herr Man.
14. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
(a) Philosophy and Spiritualism.
(b) History and the Past.
(c) Politics and Government.
(d) Poetry and Literature.
15. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
2. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
3. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
4. How was Maud treated by the public?
5. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)