|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
(a) A ship.
(b) A burning flag.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A tree.
2. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
3. What did Yeats say caused comedy in literature?
(a) Satirical truths.
(b) Clash of character.
(c) Folly and Foils.
(d) Inarticulated desires.
4. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
(a) To live by water.
(b) To move to America.
(c) To return to his homeland.
(d) To travel abroad.
5. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
(b) Lady Gregory.
6. Who did Yeats think deserved his Nobel Prize more than himself?
7. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
(a) English History.
(b) His feelings about literature.
(c) Irish Theater.
(d) His childhood.
8. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(c) New from friends.
(d) Passengers on the boat.
9. Why did the award winners return to their seats backwards after getting their prizes?
(a) To show their respect for the future.
(b) To avoid seeing how large the audience was.
(c) To avoid turning their backs to the Royal Family.
(d) To keep from falling down the stairs.
10. What did most of the theaters in Ireland perform plays for?
(b) Food and other trade goods.
(c) High charges.
11. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
(a) Took the credit for their collaborative work.
(b) Imitated his writing style.
(c) Had sordid love afffairs.
(d) Spread rumors about Lady Gregory.
12. What was Maud's occupation?
13. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
(a) Encouraging letters.
(b) Leather chair.
(d) Pen set.
14. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
15. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say made Moore's writing improve?
2. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
3. Who did Yeats think was not appreciated during his life?
4. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
5. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)