|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Family members.
(b) Irish writers.
(c) Poor peasants.
2. What was Synge's final play?
(a) Delilah of the Street.
(b) Deidre of the Sorrows.
(c) Darlene of the Secrets.
(d) Deborah of the Sun.
3. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
(a) Making a good impression.
(b) Being laughed at.
(c) Offending the royals.
(d) Returning home.
4. What did Yeats say was threatening the best parts of Ireland?
5. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
(a) Philosophy and Spiritualism.
(b) Politics and Government.
(c) History and the Past.
(d) Poetry and Literature.
6. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
(b) Magazine articles.
(d) Short stories.
7. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
(a) Made personal visits.
(b) Held rallies.
(c) Signed petitions.
(d) Wrote letters.
8. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
(b) Lady Gregory.
9. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Get sick.
(b) Write volumes and volumes.
(d) Go to prison.
10. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
11. Where was the Nobel Prize reception held?
(a) The Royal Palace.
(b) The docks.
(c) The National Convention Center.
(d) A fancy hotel.
12. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(c) International matters.
13. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
14. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
(a) Took the credit for their collaborative work.
(b) Spread rumors about Lady Gregory.
(c) Had sordid love afffairs.
(d) Imitated his writing style.
15. What was Yeats humbled by when he got to Stockholm?
(a) He heard one of his poems being quoted.
(b) He was recognized.
(c) He saw a poster of himself.
(d) He saw the man who lost the award.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
2. How did Yeats travel to Stockholm?
3. What country did Davitt want to protect?
4. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
5. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)