|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
(a) His letters.
(b) His diary.
(c) His poems.
(d) His plays.
2. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
(a) Letters from his daughter.
(b) The publication of his book.
(c) Visions from a friend.
(d) The marriage of his son.
3. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A prayer answered.
(c) A necessity.
(d) A sign of strength.
4. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
(a) Have Lady Gregory give the Prologue.
(b) Make an apology about Countess Cathleen.
(c) Hire a famous actress.
(d) Post advertisements.
5. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
6. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Big cities.
(c) The woods.
7. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A play.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A novel.
8. What was Maud's occupation?
9. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
10. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
(a) A ship.
(b) A tree.
(c) A burning flag.
(d) A beautiful woman.
11. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(a) International matters.
12. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The stars.
13. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
(a) Returning home.
(b) Being laughed at.
(c) Making a good impression.
(d) Offending the royals.
14. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(b) Passengers on the boat.
(c) New from friends.
15. What was Moore's occupation?
(d) Theater owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
2. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
3. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
4. Why did the award winners return to their seats backwards after getting their prizes?
5. What country did Davitt want to protect?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)