|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(b) Logical flaws.
(d) Copied styles.
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him marbles.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(d) Let him look at a sword.
3. What did the theosophists talk about?
4. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) An advertising company.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An art school.
5. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
(a) Traditional roles.
6. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
7. What was O'Grady's first name?
8. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) An Aviary.
(b) The green park.
(c) The British Museum.
(d) A church yard.
9. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Strangely dressed women.
(b) Naked children.
(c) Angels and demons.
(d) Tall men.
10. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
11. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
12. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
13. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
14. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
(a) His old teacher.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
15. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
2. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
3. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
4. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
5. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)