|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) An art school.
(d) An advertising company.
3. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To find something he could excel at.
4. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) The British Museum.
(b) An Aviary.
(c) A church yard.
(d) The green park.
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
6. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
7. What did the theosophists talk about?
8. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
9. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
10. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
11. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would wear a strange hat.
(b) He would be in a shipwreck.
(c) He would cut his hand.
(d) He would lose his business.
12. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He was prejudiced.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was addicted to caffeine.
(d) He used opium.
13. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
14. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The age of man.
(b) The moon.
(c) The seasons in a year.
(d) A growing child.
15. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(d) Very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
2. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
3. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
4. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
5. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)