|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
2. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
3. What did the theosophists talk about?
4. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
5. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) The British Museum.
(b) The green park.
(c) A church yard.
(d) An Aviary.
6. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
7. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He met a preacher.
(b) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He read the Bible.
8. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
(d) Traditional roles.
9. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(a) Greek and Latin.
10. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) Irish Center Theater.
(b) Dublin's Theater.
(c) The National Theater.
(d) Abby Theater.
11. Where was Rhys from?
12. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His past experiences.
(b) His paranoia.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His rigid beliefs.
13. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
14. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
15. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
3. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
4. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
5. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)