|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Sit in chairs.
(b) Take long walks.
(c) Fish in the stream.
(d) Drink in a tavern.
2. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were ungrateful.
(b) They were uneducated.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were boring.
3. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Sail small boats.
(c) Listen to his grandmother.
(d) Walk the trail by the river.
4. Where was Rhys from?
5. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(c) William Morris.
6. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His son.
(b) His servant.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
7. What did the theosophists talk about?
8. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
9. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) An art school.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) An advertising company.
(d) A hospital.
10. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) The National Theater.
(b) Dublin's Theater.
(c) Irish Center Theater.
(d) Abby Theater.
11. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
12. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
13. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
14. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(b) To make better friends.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To find something he could excel at.
15. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
2. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
3. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
4. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)