|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Taylor gifted at?
2. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(c) Greek and Latin.
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His Irish descent.
(b) His religion.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
4. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
(b) Old castles.
(c) Under the stars.
(d) His mother's house.
5. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
6. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(d) Fortune teller.
7. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
(d) Traditional roles.
8. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He was prejudiced.
(b) He was addicted to caffeine.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He used opium.
9. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
10. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was much too young for him.
(b) She was engaged to another man.
(c) She was much too old for him.
(d) She was too good for him.
11. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His rigid beliefs.
(b) His paranoia.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His past experiences.
12. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Had him stare at a symbol.
(b) Used faith healing.
(c) Painted symbols on his face.
(d) Cleansed his aura.
13. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
14. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
15. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(a) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
2. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
4. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
5. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)