|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His religion.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His Irish descent.
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
(d) Bedfield Park.
4. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
(b) Swearing in front of a girl.
(c) Breaking a dish.
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
5. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was not logical.
(c) It was too extreme.
(d) It was exactly right.
6. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(a) Greek and Latin.
7. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) Irish Center Theater.
(b) Abby Theater.
(c) Dublin's Theater.
(d) The National Theater.
8. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have taken credit for it.
(b) He would have hated it.
(c) He would have tried to change it.
(d) He would have been obessed with it.
9. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The leader.
(b) The follower.
(c) The sponsor.
(d) The teacher.
10. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) An advertising company.
(c) An art school.
(d) A hospital.
11. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
12. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
13. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
14. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
15. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
2. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
3. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
4. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)