|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the theosophists talk about?
2. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His Irish descent.
(b) His religion.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
3. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(c) Voicing their opinions.
(d) Public affection.
4. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
5. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(c) Very well.
6. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) Abby Theater.
(b) The National Theater.
(c) Irish Center Theater.
(d) Dublin's Theater.
7. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
8. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
(a) He was familiar with Yeats's medium.
(b) He had a second-sighted maid.
(c) He was a faith healer.
(d) He had seen his mother raised from the dead.
9. How did Davidson die?
(a) He caught Consumption.
(b) He was shot by a burglar.
(c) He drowned himself.
(d) He hung himself.
10. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) An Aviary.
(b) The British Museum.
(c) The green park.
(d) A church yard.
11. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Drink in a tavern.
(b) Sit in chairs.
(c) Fish in the stream.
(d) Take long walks.
12. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(d) William Morris.
13. What was Henley's occupation?
14. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) It was too far from her home.
(c) It would not be true to her art.
(d) She did not like her boss.
15. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
3. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
4. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
5. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)