|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
2. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poet's Corner.
(b) The Poetry Circuit.
(c) The Literary Works Guild.
(d) The Rhymer's Club.
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It would not be true to her art.
(b) There were too many restrictions.
(c) She did not like her boss.
(d) It was too far from her home.
4. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He met a preacher.
(b) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He read the Bible.
5. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Applaud them.
(b) Criticize them.
(c) Read their work.
(d) Copy their style.
6. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
7. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) A pointless life.
(b) A lost love.
(c) To ignite his imagination.
(d) A dead mother.
8. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Take long walks.
(b) Fish in the stream.
(c) Drink in a tavern.
(d) Sit in chairs.
9. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An art school.
(d) An advertising company.
10. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(d) Very well.
11. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His wife.
(b) His servant.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
12. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To make better friends.
13. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
14. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
15. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) An Aviary.
(b) The British Museum.
(c) The green park.
(d) A church yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
2. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
3. What was Taylor gifted at?
4. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
5. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)