|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
2. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His rigid beliefs.
(c) His paranoia.
(d) His past experiences.
3. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were uneducated.
(b) They were insincere.
(c) They were ungrateful.
(d) They were boring.
4. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Shared their own.
(b) Offered critiques.
(c) Bought copies of their books.
(d) Limited their own recitations.
5. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
6. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
7. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
8. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
9. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(b) Sail small boats.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
(d) Listen to his grandmother.
10. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
11. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His lover.
(d) His daughter.
12. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Express himself.
(b) Have visions.
(d) Think philosophically.
13. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He translated old work.
(d) He went on campaigns.
14. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
15. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His son.
(b) His servant.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
2. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
3. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
4. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
5. How did Davidson die?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)