|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His uncle.
2. What was Taylor gifted at?
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would be in a shipwreck.
(b) He would wear a strange hat.
(c) He would cut his hand.
(d) He would lose his business.
4. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
5. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(c) Fortune teller.
6. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(a) Voicing their opinions.
(d) Public affection.
7. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) His father's rigidness.
(b) The teaching of a college professor.
(c) Strange childhood events.
(d) Dreams from his youth.
8. What was O'Grady's first name?
9. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was exactly right.
(c) It was not logical.
(d) It was too extreme.
10. How did Davidson die?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He drowned himself.
(c) He was shot by a burglar.
(d) He caught Consumption.
11. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
12. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have hated it.
(b) He would have tried to change it.
(c) He would have been obessed with it.
(d) He would have taken credit for it.
13. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Rudyard Kipling.
14. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His Irish descent.
(c) His father.
(d) His religion.
15. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
2. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
3. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
4. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
5. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)