|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) His brother died.
(b) He met a preacher.
(c) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(d) He read the Bible.
3. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
4. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The follower.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The leader.
(d) The sponsor.
6. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His rude nature.
(b) His addiction to alcohol.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His beliefs.
7. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(a) William Morris.
8. What was Taylor gifted at?
9. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
10. How did Davidson die?
(a) He was shot by a burglar.
(b) He caught Consumption.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He drowned himself.
11. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) The National Theater.
(b) Dublin's Theater.
(c) Abby Theater.
(d) Irish Center Theater.
12. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Breaking a dish.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Swearing in front of a girl.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
13. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him look at a sword.
(b) Gave him marbles.
(c) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(d) Gave him candy.
14. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Rhymer's Club.
(b) The Poetry Circuit.
(c) The Literary Works Guild.
(d) The Poet's Corner.
15. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He wrote about Irish legends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
2. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
3. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
4. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
5. What did the theosophists talk about?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)