|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(a) Public affection.
(b) Voicing their opinions.
2. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
3. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
4. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Pretend to be God.
(b) Quote fantasy conversations.
(c) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(d) Foretell the future.
5. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His rude nature.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His addiction to alcohol.
6. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
7. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To find something he could excel at.
(b) To help him train for an event.
(c) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(d) To make better friends.
8. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Limited their own recitations.
(b) Offered critiques.
(c) Shared their own.
(d) Bought copies of their books.
9. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(b) Greek and Latin.
10. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Used faith healing.
(b) Had him stare at a symbol.
(c) Painted symbols on his face.
(d) Cleansed his aura.
11. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
12. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Canterville Chase.
(b) Bedfield Park.
(c) Fairfax Landing.
(d) Mansfield Place.
13. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To collect an inheritance.
(b) To pursue his art.
(c) To give his son an education.
(d) To visit a relative.
14. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Express himself.
(b) Think philosophically.
(c) Have visions.
15. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(a) William Morris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Taylor so close to insane?
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
3. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
4. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)