|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Copied styles.
(b) Logical flaws.
2. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would be in a shipwreck.
(b) He would wear a strange hat.
(c) He would lose his business.
(d) He would cut his hand.
4. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
5. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(d) Very well.
6. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
7. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His past experiences.
(c) His rigid beliefs.
(d) His paranoia.
8. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(a) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
9. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His rude nature.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His addiction to alcohol.
(d) His reputation.
10. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Read their work.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Copy their style.
11. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
(b) Cabbalistic symbols.
12. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
13. Where was Rhys from?
14. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(d) Fortune teller.
15. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Strange childhood events.
(b) The teaching of a college professor.
(c) His father's rigidness.
(d) Dreams from his youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
2. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
3. What did Yeats have visions of?
4. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
5. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)