|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
2. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
3. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Strangely dressed women.
(b) Angels and demons.
(c) Tall men.
(d) Naked children.
4. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His paranoia.
(b) His past experiences.
(c) His rigid beliefs.
(d) His shyness.
5. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His servant.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
6. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Shared their own.
(b) Offered critiques.
(c) Bought copies of their books.
(d) Limited their own recitations.
7. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Sail small boats.
(b) Listen to his grandmother.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
8. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Cleansed his aura.
(b) Used faith healing.
(c) Had him stare at a symbol.
(d) Painted symbols on his face.
9. What did the theosophists talk about?
10. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Read their work.
(b) Criticize them.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Copy their style.
11. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He used opium.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was prejudiced.
(d) He was addicted to caffeine.
12. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
13. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would wear a strange hat.
(b) He would be in a shipwreck.
(c) He would cut his hand.
(d) He would lose his business.
14. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
15. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
2. Where was Rhys from?
3. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
4. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
5. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)