|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Pretend to be God.
(b) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(c) Quote fantasy conversations.
(d) Foretell the future.
3. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him marbles.
(b) Let him look at a sword.
(c) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(d) Gave him candy.
4. What was Henley's occupation?
5. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(a) A talk with a teacher.
(d) A dream.
6. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
7. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(b) His wife.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His daughter.
8. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was exactly right.
(b) It was wrong.
(c) It was not logical.
(d) It was too extreme.
9. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(c) Public affection.
(d) Voicing their opinions.
10. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were boring.
(b) They were ungrateful.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were uneducated.
11. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To find something he could excel at.
(b) To help him train for an event.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) To help him defend himself from bullies.
12. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) An Aviary.
(b) The green park.
(c) The British Museum.
(d) A church yard.
13. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
(b) Bedfield Park.
14. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(b) He met a preacher.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He read the Bible.
15. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
(a) The government.
(b) The producers.
(c) The actors.
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
2. What was O'Grady's first name?
3. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
4. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
5. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)