|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
(d) Cabbalistic symbols.
2. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
3. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Tall men.
(b) Strangely dressed women.
(c) Angels and demons.
(d) Naked children.
4. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His past experiences.
(b) His paranoia.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His rigid beliefs.
6. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Make an apology letter.
(b) Fight for his rights.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Continue writing.
7. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
(a) He was familiar with Yeats's medium.
(b) He had a second-sighted maid.
(c) He was a faith healer.
(d) He had seen his mother raised from the dead.
8. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His addiction to alcohol.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His rude nature.
9. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was engaged to another man.
(b) She was much too old for him.
(c) She was too good for him.
(d) She was much too young for him.
10. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
(a) His arrest.
(b) His bad reputation.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His lunacy.
11. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would be in a shipwreck.
(b) He would cut his hand.
(c) He would wear a strange hat.
(d) He would lose his business.
12. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Painted symbols on his face.
(b) Cleansed his aura.
(c) Used faith healing.
(d) Had him stare at a symbol.
13. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
14. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
15. What was O'Grady's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
2. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
3. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
4. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
5. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)