|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The follower.
(b) The leader.
(c) The sponsor.
(d) The teacher.
2. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) A lost love.
(b) To ignite his imagination.
(c) A dead mother.
(d) A pointless life.
3. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(d) His uncle.
4. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
(a) Cabbalistic symbols.
5. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
6. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Criticize them.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Read their work.
(d) Applaud them.
7. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Drifters.
(b) The Masters.
(c) The Floaters.
(d) The Gods.
8. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(a) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
9. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
(a) His mother fell ill.
(b) His daughter died.
(c) His new play was not well received.
(d) Wilde was deported.
10. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
11. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His servant.
(d) His son.
12. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
13. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
(a) People's thoughts.
(b) People's health.
(c) People's dreams.
(d) People's moods.
14. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(b) Greek and Latin.
15. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
2. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
4. What did Yeats have visions of?
5. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)