|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
2. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To visit a relative.
(b) To give his son an education.
(c) To pursue his art.
(d) To collect an inheritance.
3. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
4. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) To ignite his imagination.
(b) A pointless life.
(c) A dead mother.
(d) A lost love.
5. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
6. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) A growing child.
(b) The age of man.
(c) The seasons in a year.
(d) The moon.
7. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
8. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
(c) Traditional roles.
9. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
10. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
11. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
12. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
13. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It would not be true to her art.
(b) She did not like her boss.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) It was too far from her home.
14. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Angels and demons.
(b) Naked children.
(c) Tall men.
(d) Strangely dressed women.
15. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) A church yard.
(b) The green park.
(c) An Aviary.
(d) The British Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
2. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
3. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
4. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
5. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)