|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
2. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Had him stare at a symbol.
(b) Used faith healing.
(c) Cleansed his aura.
(d) Painted symbols on his face.
3. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
4. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
6. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
7. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
8. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(b) Fortune teller.
9. How did Davidson die?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He caught Consumption.
(c) He was shot by a burglar.
(d) He drowned himself.
10. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
(b) Old castles.
(c) Under the stars.
(d) His mother's house.
11. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) An advertising company.
(d) An art school.
12. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Taught him at home.
(b) Got him a tutor.
(c) Threatened him.
(d) Rewarded him.
13. Where was Rhys from?
14. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him train for an event.
(b) To make better friends.
(c) To find something he could excel at.
(d) To help him defend himself from bullies.
15. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Swearing in front of a girl.
(b) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Breaking a dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
2. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
4. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
5. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)