|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Canterville Chase.
(b) Bedfield Park.
(c) Mansfield Place.
(d) Fairfax Landing.
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Think philosophically.
(b) Have visions.
(c) Express himself.
4. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
5. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Floaters.
(b) The Masters.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Drifters.
6. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Shared their own.
(b) Limited their own recitations.
(c) Offered critiques.
(d) Bought copies of their books.
7. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Listen to his grandmother.
(b) Walk the trail by the river.
(d) Sail small boats.
8. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
9. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
(a) Bedfield Park.
10. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Quote fantasy conversations.
(b) Pretend to be God.
(c) Foretell the future.
(d) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
11. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The leader.
(b) The sponsor.
(c) The follower.
(d) The teacher.
12. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(b) To make better friends.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To find something he could excel at.
13. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(c) A dream.
(d) A talk with a teacher.
14. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(c) Fortune teller.
15. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
2. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
3. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
4. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
5. What made Taylor so close to insane?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)