|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He translated old work.
(c) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(d) He went on campaigns.
2. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(b) Fortune teller.
3. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
(a) His arrest.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His lunacy.
(d) His bad reputation.
4. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
(a) The actors.
(b) The government.
(c) The producers.
(d) The audience.
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The follower.
(b) The sponsor.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The leader.
6. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
7. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
8. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(a) Greek and Latin.
9. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
10. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
11. What was O'Grady's first name?
12. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
13. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
14. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
15. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Bedfield Park.
(b) Fairfax Landing.
(c) Mansfield Place.
(d) Canterville Chase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
2. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
4. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)