|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Taylor gifted at?
2. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was engaged to another man.
(b) She was much too young for him.
(c) She was much too old for him.
(d) She was too good for him.
3. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(c) Logical flaws.
(d) Copied styles.
4. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His paranoia.
(c) His past experiences.
(d) His rigid beliefs.
5. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
6. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Read their work.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Criticize them.
7. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
8. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
9. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
10. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
11. How did Davidson die?
(a) He caught Consumption.
(b) He was shot by a burglar.
(c) He drowned himself.
(d) He hung himself.
12. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(b) Foretell the future.
(c) Pretend to be God.
(d) Quote fantasy conversations.
13. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Drifters.
(b) The Floaters.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Masters.
14. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
15. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) His brother died.
(b) He met a preacher.
(c) He read the Bible.
(d) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
2. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
3. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
4. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
5. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)