|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
(a) His bad reputation.
(b) His arrest.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His lunacy.
3. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(c) Greek and Latin.
4. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
5. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Copy their style.
(b) Read their work.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Applaud them.
6. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) An Aviary.
(b) A church yard.
(c) The green park.
(d) The British Museum.
7. What was O'Grady's first name?
8. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
9. What was Henley's occupation?
10. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
11. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) A pointless life.
(b) A lost love.
(c) To ignite his imagination.
(d) A dead mother.
12. Where was Rhys from?
13. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The seasons in a year.
(b) The age of man.
(c) A growing child.
(d) The moon.
14. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
15. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
2. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
4. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
5. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)