|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
(c) Magazine articles.
(d) Short stories.
2. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
(a) Pen set.
(b) Encouraging letters.
(d) Leather chair.
3. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poet's Corner.
(b) The Literary Works Guild.
(c) The Poetry Circuit.
(d) The Rhymer's Club.
4. Who did Yeats want to see his plays?
(a) The average man.
(b) The would-be writers.
(c) The uneducated.
(d) The wealthy.
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The leader.
(b) The follower.
(c) The sponsor.
(d) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
2. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
3. What did Yeats have visions of?
4. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
5. Where was Rhys from?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)