|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats want to ask his best friend permission to do?
(a) Court his daughter.
(b) Help with his poetry.
(c) Read his journal.
(d) Finish his play.
2. Who did Yeats credit for advancing his idea to build a theater?
(a) Lady Gregory.
(b) His wife.
(c) Maud Gonne.
3. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(c) Very well.
4. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Think philosophically.
(b) Express himself.
(c) Have visions.
5. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
2. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
3. Why was Synge's controversial play so unattended?
4. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
5. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)