|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Synge's controversial play so unattended?
(a) It received bad press.
(b) It was about the devil.
(c) He was little known.
(d) He was too well known.
2. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To visit a relative.
(b) To give his son an education.
(c) To pursue his art.
(d) To collect an inheritance.
4. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
5. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have been obessed with it.
(b) He would have tried to change it.
(c) He would have taken credit for it.
(d) He would have hated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
2. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
3. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
4. Who did Yeats credit for advancing his idea to build a theater?
5. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)