|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Applaud them.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Read their work.
(d) Criticize them.
2. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(b) William Morris.
3. Who did Yeats want to see his plays?
(a) The average man.
(b) The would-be writers.
(c) The uneducated.
(d) The wealthy.
4. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
(a) He did not want to hurt his feelings.
(b) He knew he would be denied.
(c) He did not want to reveal the thoughts of death.
(d) He did not want to make him worry needlessly.
5. What was Henley's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
2. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
3. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
4. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
5. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)