|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say caused comedy in literature?
(a) Clash of character.
(b) Satirical truths.
(c) Folly and Foils.
(d) Inarticulated desires.
2. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Make an apology letter.
(c) Continue writing.
(d) Fight for his rights.
3. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His uncle.
4. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(b) An Irish man wants to be English.
(c) A man beats a woman.
(d) A Catholic priest is the villain.
5. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
(a) People's thoughts.
(b) People's dreams.
(c) People's health.
(d) People's moods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
2. What made Taylor so close to insane?
3. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
4. What was Moore's occupation?
5. Why did the award winners return to their seats backwards after getting their prizes?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)