|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
(a) A burning flag.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A tree.
(d) A ship.
2. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) A man beats a woman.
(b) An Irish man wants to be English.
(c) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(d) A Catholic priest is the villain.
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) It would not be true to her art.
(c) It was too far from her home.
(d) She did not like her boss.
4. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Copy their style.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Read their work.
5. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
2. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
3. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
4. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
5. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)