|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
(a) His letters.
(b) His poems.
(c) His diary.
(d) His plays.
2. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Irish writers.
(c) Poor peasants.
(d) Family members.
3. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
4. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Fight for his rights.
(b) Continue writing.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Make an apology letter.
5. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(b) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(c) Performing in a controversial play.
(d) Going on a speaking tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was O'Grady's first name?
2. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
3. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
4. What was the name of Yeats's theater?
5. Where did Yeats meet Synge?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)