|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(d) Small pox.
2. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
3. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Shared their own.
(b) Bought copies of their books.
(c) Limited their own recitations.
(d) Offered critiques.
4. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Continue writing.
(b) Fight for his rights.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Make an apology letter.
5. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
2. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
3. Why did Yeats not continue to produce the kind of plays he started out with at his theater?
4. Why did Yeats hire amateur actors when his theater opened?
5. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)