|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
2. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Irish writers.
(c) Poor peasants.
(d) Family members.
3. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
4. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(a) Voicing their opinions.
(d) Public affection.
5. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Listen to his grandmother.
(b) Walk the trail by the river.
(c) Sail small boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
2. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
3. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
5. Who did Yeats credit for advancing his idea to build a theater?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)