|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) A Catholic priest is the villain.
(b) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(c) A man beats a woman.
(d) An Irish man wants to be English.
2. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(c) Public affection.
(d) Voicing their opinions.
3. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Irish writers.
(b) Family members.
(d) Poor peasants.
4. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) His father's rigidness.
(b) Strange childhood events.
(c) The teaching of a college professor.
(d) Dreams from his youth.
5. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
2. What was the name of Yeats's theater?
3. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
4. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
5. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)