|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
2. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(a) Fortune teller.
3. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Big cities.
(c) The woods.
4. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
(a) His old teacher.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
5. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
(c) Lady Gregory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yeats think he did not deserve his award?
2. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
3. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
4. How was Maud treated by the public?
5. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)