|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats think deserved his Nobel Prize more than himself?
2. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
(a) Making a good impression.
(b) Returning home.
(c) Offending the royals.
(d) Being laughed at.
3. What was Synge's final play?
(a) Deidre of the Sorrows.
(b) Delilah of the Street.
(c) Darlene of the Secrets.
(d) Deborah of the Sun.
4. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
5. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Write volumes and volumes.
(c) Get sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
3. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
4. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
5. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)