|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Irish Dramatic Movement: A Lecture delivered to the Royal Academy of Sweden</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
(a) Make an apology about Countess Cathleen.
(b) Have Lady Gregory give the Prologue.
(c) Hire a famous actress.
(d) Post advertisements.
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He was addicted to caffeine.
(b) He was prejudiced.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He used opium.
3. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
(a) His childhood.
(b) English History.
(c) Irish Theater.
(d) His feelings about literature.
4. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To find something he could excel at.
(b) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To make better friends.
5. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
2. Who did Yeats credit for advancing his idea to build a theater?
3. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
4. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
5. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)