|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would lose his business.
(b) He would be in a shipwreck.
(c) He would cut his hand.
(d) He would wear a strange hat.
2. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) She lost part of her fortune.
(b) Her inheritance was taken away.
(c) Her son was killed.
(d) Her husband died.
3. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
4. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Let him look at a sword.
(d) Gave him marbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
4. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
5. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)