|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Floaters.
(b) The Drifters.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Masters.
2. How did Davidson die?
(a) He drowned himself.
(b) He was shot by a burglar.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He caught Consumption.
3. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His lover.
(d) His daughter.
4. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
(a) His daughter died.
(b) Wilde was deported.
(c) His mother fell ill.
(d) His new play was not well received.
5. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(a) Very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
2. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
3. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
4. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
5. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)