|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Death of Synge</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His old teacher.
(d) His uncle.
2. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Write volumes and volumes.
(b) Get sick.
(d) Go to prison.
3. What was Maud's occupation?
4. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) Abby Theater.
(b) Irish Center Theater.
(c) The National Theater.
(d) Dublin's Theater.
5. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Listen to his grandmother.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
(d) Sail small boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
2. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
3. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
4. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
5. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)