|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Death of Synge</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
2. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
3. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) Her inheritance was taken away.
(b) Her son was killed.
(c) She lost part of her fortune.
(d) Her husband died.
4. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
(a) Make an apology about Countess Cathleen.
(b) Hire a famous actress.
(c) Have Lady Gregory give the Prologue.
(d) Post advertisements.
5. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
2. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
3. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
4. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
5. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)