|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Canterville Chase.
(b) Fairfax Landing.
(c) Bedfield Park.
(d) Mansfield Place.
2. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have been obessed with it.
(b) He would have hated it.
(c) He would have taken credit for it.
(d) He would have tried to change it.
3. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
4. Who almost ruined Yeats's plan to make the Gaelic play a success?
(b) Lady Gregory.
5. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Fish in the stream.
(b) Sit in chairs.
(c) Drink in a tavern.
(d) Take long walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
4. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
5. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)