|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rhys from?
2. What did Yeats say made Moore's writing improve?
(a) His love affairs.
(b) His time in the company of writers.
(c) His time in the theater.
(d) His criticism.
3. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
4. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Going on a speaking tour.
(b) Performing in a controversial play.
(c) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(d) Presenting a controversial work of art.
5. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It was very original.
(b) It was on the road to perfection.
(c) It was too ornamental.
(d) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
2. What was Taylor gifted at?
3. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
4. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)