|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(c) William Morris.
2. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) They were rude to her.
(b) They ignored her.
(c) Like a celebrity.
(d) Like a felon.
3. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
(a) The other writer was a felon.
(b) The writer was not as good as Synge.
(c) The other writer was not from Ireland.
(d) The other writer had wronged Synge.
4. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Dreams from his youth.
(b) His father's rigidness.
(c) The teaching of a college professor.
(d) Strange childhood events.
5. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It was too ornamental.
(b) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
(c) It was very original.
(d) It was on the road to perfection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
2. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
3. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
4. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
5. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)