|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
(a) The Globe Theater.
(b) The English National Theater.
(c) The Longhorn International Theater.
(d) The Abby Theater.
2. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(c) Small pox.
3. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It was on the road to perfection.
(b) It was very original.
(c) It was too ornamental.
(d) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
4. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Bedfield Park.
(b) Fairfax Landing.
(c) Mansfield Place.
(d) Canterville Chase.
5. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) The teaching of a college professor.
(b) Strange childhood events.
(c) His father's rigidness.
(d) Dreams from his youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
2. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
3. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
4. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
5. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)