|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
(a) A new house.
(b) A publishing firm.
(c) A theater.
(d) A literary society.
2. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
(a) A tree.
(b) A ship.
(c) A burning flag.
(d) A beautiful woman.
3. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have tried to change it.
(b) He would have been obessed with it.
(c) He would have taken credit for it.
(d) He would have hated it.
4. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) She did not like her boss.
(b) It was too far from her home.
(c) It would not be true to her art.
(d) There were too many restrictions.
5. How did Davidson die?
(a) He drowned himself.
(b) He caught Consumption.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He was shot by a burglar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
3. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
4. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
5. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)