|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
(a) He did not want to make him worry needlessly.
(b) He knew he would be denied.
(c) He did not want to reveal the thoughts of death.
(d) He did not want to hurt his feelings.
2. How did Davidson die?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He caught Consumption.
(c) He was shot by a burglar.
(d) He drowned himself.
3. What did Yeats say gave poetic words passion?
4. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) An Irish man wants to be English.
(b) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(c) A Catholic priest is the villain.
(d) A man beats a woman.
5. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(c) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats have visions of?
2. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
3. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
4. Where was Rhys from?
5. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)