|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him marbles.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Let him look at a sword.
(d) Let him run around outside for a minute.
3. How did Davidson die?
(a) He drowned himself.
(b) He hung himself.
(c) He was shot by a burglar.
(d) He caught Consumption.
4. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(b) Pretend to be God.
(c) Foretell the future.
(d) Quote fantasy conversations.
5. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
2. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
3. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
4. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
5. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)