|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A novel.
(b) A play.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short story.
2. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) They were rude to her.
(b) They ignored her.
(c) Like a celebrity.
(d) Like a felon.
3. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Logical flaws.
(b) Copied styles.
4. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
5. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) A growing child.
(b) The age of man.
(c) The moon.
(d) The seasons in a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
2. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
3. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
4. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
5. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)