|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
(a) His poems.
(b) His plays.
(c) His letters.
(d) His diary.
2. What was Taylor gifted at?
3. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
(a) The Longhorn International Theater.
(b) The Abby Theater.
(c) The English National Theater.
(d) The Globe Theater.
4. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(a) A talk with a teacher.
(b) A dream.
5. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was much too young for him.
(b) She was much too old for him.
(c) She was engaged to another man.
(d) She was too good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
2. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
3. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
4. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
5. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)