|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(b) Very well.
2. What did the theosophists talk about?
3. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Naked children.
(b) Strangely dressed women.
(c) Tall men.
(d) Angels and demons.
4. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) They ignored her.
(b) Like a felon.
(c) They were rude to her.
(d) Like a celebrity.
5. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) An art school.
(d) An advertising company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
3. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
4. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
5. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)