|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
2. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(b) His uncle.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
3. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(b) Get sick.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Write volumes and volumes.
4. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
(a) Their jobs.
(b) Material things.
5. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Fish in the stream.
(b) Drink in a tavern.
(c) Take long walks.
(d) Sit in chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
2. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
3. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)