|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Sail small boats.
(b) Listen to his grandmother.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
2. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
(a) Visions from a friend.
(b) The publication of his book.
(c) The marriage of his son.
(d) Letters from his daughter.
3. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Canterville Chase.
(b) Mansfield Place.
(c) Fairfax Landing.
(d) Bedfield Park.
4. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
5. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
(a) They were fast and professional.
(b) Their plot line was so intricate.
(c) They were open to critiques.
(d) They wrote all day long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moore want to become involved in?
2. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
3. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
4. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
5. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)