|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
2. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
3. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(a) A dream.
(b) A talk with a teacher.
4. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
(a) Get critiques from different kinds of people.
(b) Observe different kinds of people.
(c) Live with different kinds of people.
(d) Write for more than one group of people.
5. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) Like a celebrity.
(b) They were rude to her.
(c) They ignored her.
(d) Like a felon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
2. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
3. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
4. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
5. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)