|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Criticize them.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Copy their style.
(d) Read their work.
2. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) An art school.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An advertising company.
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He wrote about Irish legends.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
4. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him marbles.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(d) Let him look at a sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
2. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
3. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
4. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
5. What was Moore's occupation?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)