|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) To ignite his imagination.
(b) A pointless life.
(c) A lost love.
(d) A dead mother.
2. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
(b) Personal Belief.
(c) Internal thoughts.
(d) Religious Doctrine.
3. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
4. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His servant.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
5. What did Yeats want to ask his best friend permission to do?
(a) Finish his play.
(b) Help with his poetry.
(c) Read his journal.
(d) Court his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
2. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
3. What did Yeats say caused comedy in literature?
4. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
5. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)