|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(b) A Catholic priest is the villain.
(c) A man beats a woman.
(d) An Irish man wants to be English.
2. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
3. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
4. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Copy their style.
(b) Read their work.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Applaud them.
5. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To make better friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
2. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
3. What was Henley's occupation?
4. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
5. How did Yeats cure a boy?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)