|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
2. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(c) Small pox.
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) She did not like her boss.
(c) It was too far from her home.
(d) It would not be true to her art.
4. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
(b) Their jobs.
(c) Material things.
5. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To visit a relative.
(b) To give his son an education.
(c) To collect an inheritance.
(d) To pursue his art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
2. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
3. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
4. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
5. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)