|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
4. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was much too old for him.
(b) She was much too young for him.
(c) She was too good for him.
(d) She was engaged to another man.
5. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
(b) Magazine articles.
(c) Short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
2. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
3. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)