|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
2. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was too extreme.
(c) It was not logical.
(d) It was exactly right.
3. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Family members.
(b) Irish writers.
(d) Poor peasants.
4. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The age of man.
(b) The moon.
(c) The seasons in a year.
(d) A growing child.
5. What was Moore's occupation?
(c) Theater owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
4. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
5. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)