|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Canterville Chase.
(b) Bedfield Park.
(c) Fairfax Landing.
(d) Mansfield Place.
2. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
3. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
(b) It was on the road to perfection.
(c) It was very original.
(d) It was too ornamental.
4. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
(a) Made personal visits.
(b) Signed petitions.
(c) Wrote letters.
(d) Held rallies.
5. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It would not be true to her art.
(b) She did not like her boss.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) It was too far from her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
2. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
3. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
4. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
5. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)