|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Got him a tutor.
(b) Taught him at home.
(c) Rewarded him.
(d) Threatened him.
2. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He went on campaigns.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He wrote about Irish legends.
(d) He translated old work.
3. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
(a) Lady Gregory.
4. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His Irish descent.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His religion.
(d) His father.
5. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Copy their style.
(b) Read their work.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Criticize them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
2. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
3. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
4. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
5. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)