|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
2. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Tall men.
(b) Strangely dressed women.
(c) Angels and demons.
(d) Naked children.
3. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
4. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him train for an event.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) To help him defend himself from bullies.
5. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
2. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
3. What was O'Grady's first name?
4. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
5. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)