|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A novel.
(b) A play.
(c) A short story.
(d) A poem.
2. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His uncle.
3. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Used faith healing.
(b) Painted symbols on his face.
(c) Had him stare at a symbol.
(d) Cleansed his aura.
4. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The seasons in a year.
(b) A growing child.
(c) The moon.
(d) The age of man.
5. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Continue writing.
(b) Fight for his rights.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Make an apology letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
4. What was Moore's occupation?
5. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)