|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(b) Going on a speaking tour.
(c) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(d) Performing in a controversial play.
2. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
(a) Imitated his writing style.
(b) Had sordid love afffairs.
(c) Took the credit for their collaborative work.
(d) Spread rumors about Lady Gregory.
3. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The age of man.
(b) A growing child.
(c) The moon.
(d) The seasons in a year.
4. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The Drifters.
(c) The Floaters.
(d) The Masters.
5. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Quote fantasy conversations.
(b) Pretend to be God.
(c) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(d) Foretell the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
2. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
3. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
4. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
5. What did Yeats want to ask his best friend permission to do?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)