|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The moon.
(b) A growing child.
(c) The age of man.
(d) The seasons in a year.
2. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
3. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him look at a sword.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Gave him marbles.
(d) Let him run around outside for a minute.
4. What was Moore's occupation?
(a) Theater owner.
5. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
(a) He knew he would be denied.
(b) He did not want to make him worry needlessly.
(c) He did not want to hurt his feelings.
(d) He did not want to reveal the thoughts of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
3. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
4. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)