|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Listen to his grandmother.
(b) Sail small boats.
(d) Walk the trail by the river.
2. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(b) Performing in a controversial play.
(c) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(d) Going on a speaking tour.
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To give his son an education.
(b) To pursue his art.
(c) To collect an inheritance.
(d) To visit a relative.
4. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His wife.
(b) His uncle.
(d) His daughter.
5. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The woods.
(c) Big cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
2. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
3. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
4. What kind of person did Yeats say the public did not understand about artists?
5. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)