|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
2. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
3. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He was prejudiced.
(b) He used opium.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He was addicted to caffeine.
4. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Rhymer's Club.
(b) The Poet's Corner.
(c) The Poetry Circuit.
(d) The Literary Works Guild.
5. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Pretend to be God.
(b) Foretell the future.
(c) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(d) Quote fantasy conversations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
2. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
3. What did Yeats say caused comedy in literature?
4. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)