|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Estrangement: Extracts from a Diary Kept in 1909,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
2. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(c) Very well.
3. What country did Davitt want to protect?
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Have visions.
(c) Express himself.
(d) Think philosophically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
2. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
3. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
4. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
5. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)