|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
(d) His wife.
2. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Rewarded him.
(b) Got him a tutor.
(c) Taught him at home.
(d) Threatened him.
3. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) The British Museum.
(b) An Aviary.
(c) A church yard.
(d) The green park.
4. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was engaged to another man.
(b) She was too good for him.
(c) She was much too old for him.
(d) She was much too young for him.
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The sponsor.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The follower.
(d) The leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
2. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
3. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
4. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
5. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)