|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
2. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
3. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Strange childhood events.
(b) Dreams from his youth.
(c) The teaching of a college professor.
(d) His father's rigidness.
4. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He met a preacher.
(b) He read the Bible.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
2. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
3. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
4. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
5. Where was Rhys from?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)