|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His father.
(b) His Irish descent.
(c) His religion.
(d) His grandfather.
2. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(b) Think philosophically.
(c) Have visions.
(d) Express himself.
3. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
(a) His new play was not well received.
(b) His daughter died.
(c) Wilde was deported.
(d) His mother fell ill.
4. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
5. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
(c) Bedfield Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
2. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
3. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
4. What was O'Grady's first name?
5. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)