|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Fight for his rights.
(b) Make an apology letter.
(c) Continue writing.
(d) Leave the country.
3. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
4. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Quote fantasy conversations.
(b) Foretell the future.
(c) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(d) Pretend to be God.
5. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have tried to change it.
(b) He would have been obessed with it.
(c) He would have taken credit for it.
(d) He would have hated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
3. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)