|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His beliefs.
(b) His addiction to alcohol.
(c) His rude nature.
(d) His reputation.
2. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
(a) His new play was not well received.
(b) His mother fell ill.
(c) Wilde was deported.
(d) His daughter died.
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His religion.
(d) His Irish descent.
4. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him candy.
(b) Let him look at a sword.
(c) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(d) Gave him marbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
2. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
3. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
4. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)