|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His rude nature.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His addiction to alcohol.
2. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) The National Theater.
(b) Dublin's Theater.
(c) Abby Theater.
(d) Irish Center Theater.
3. What was O'Grady's first name?
4. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
5. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
(b) Breaking a dish.
(c) Swearing in front of a girl.
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
2. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
3. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
4. How did Yeats cure a boy?
5. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)