|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
(a) Fight for his rights.
(b) Make an apology letter.
(c) Continue writing.
(d) Leave the country.
2. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His addiction to alcohol.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His rude nature.
3. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The sponsor.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The follower.
(d) The leader.
4. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Express himself.
(c) Think philosophically.
(d) Have visions.
5. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were uneducated.
(b) They were boring.
(c) They were ungrateful.
(d) They were insincere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
3. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
4. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)