|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book IV. The Tragic Generation,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
2. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Pretend to be God.
(b) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(c) Foretell the future.
(d) Quote fantasy conversations.
3. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
4. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) A church yard.
(b) The green park.
(c) The British Museum.
(d) An Aviary.
5. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) It was too far from her home.
(c) She did not like her boss.
(d) It would not be true to her art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
2. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
3. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
4. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
5. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)