|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The follower.
(b) The leader.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The sponsor.
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) It would not be true to her art.
(c) She did not like her boss.
(d) It was too far from her home.
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He wrote about Irish legends.
5. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
2. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
3. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
4. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
5. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)