|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was O'Grady's first name?
2. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was not logical.
(c) It was exactly right.
(d) It was too extreme.
3. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His wife.
(b) His servant.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
4. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He read the Bible.
(b) He met a preacher.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
5. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He was addicted to caffeine.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He used opium.
(d) He was prejudiced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
2. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
3. What made Taylor so close to insane?
4. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
5. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)