|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Criticize them.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Read their work.
(d) Copy their style.
2. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Used faith healing.
(b) Had him stare at a symbol.
(c) Cleansed his aura.
(d) Painted symbols on his face.
3. Where was Rhys from?
4. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To visit a relative.
(b) To pursue his art.
(c) To collect an inheritance.
(d) To give his son an education.
5. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An art school.
(c) An advertising company.
(d) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
2. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
3. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
4. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)