|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were boring.
(b) They were uneducated.
(c) They were ungrateful.
(d) They were insincere.
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him look at a sword.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(d) Gave him marbles.
3. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Literary Works Guild.
(b) The Poetry Circuit.
(c) The Rhymer's Club.
(d) The Poet's Corner.
4. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(b) Express himself.
(c) Have visions.
(d) Think philosophically.
5. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rhys from?
2. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
3. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
4. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
5. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)