|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To help him defend himself from bullies.
2. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He translated old work.
(c) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(d) He went on campaigns.
4. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
5. What was O'Grady's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
2. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
3. Where was Rhys from?
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
5. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)