|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Canterville Chase.
(b) Bedfield Park.
(c) Mansfield Place.
(d) Fairfax Landing.
2. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It was too far from her home.
(b) It would not be true to her art.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) She did not like her boss.
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His religion.
(c) His Irish descent.
(d) His father.
4. What was Henley's occupation?
5. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His rude nature.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His addiction to alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
2. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
3. What was O'Grady's first name?
4. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
5. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)