|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Taylor gifted at?
2. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His past experiences.
(b) His rigid beliefs.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His paranoia.
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(b) He translated old work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He wrote about Irish legends.
4. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(a) Voicing their opinions.
(d) Public affection.
5. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) An art school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) An advertising company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
2. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
3. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
4. What did the theosophists talk about?
5. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)