|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
2. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
3. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Applaud them.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Read their work.
4. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poet's Corner.
(b) The Poetry Circuit.
(c) The Rhymer's Club.
(d) The Literary Works Guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the theosophists talk about?
2. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
3. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
4. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
5. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)