|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) A church yard.
(b) The green park.
(c) The British Museum.
(d) An Aviary.
2. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
3. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His addiction to alcohol.
(b) His rude nature.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His beliefs.
4. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
5. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It would not be true to her art.
(b) It was too far from her home.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) She did not like her boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
2. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)