|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poetry Circuit.
(b) The Rhymer's Club.
(c) The Literary Works Guild.
(d) The Poet's Corner.
2. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
3. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have been obessed with it.
(b) He would have tried to change it.
(c) He would have hated it.
(d) He would have taken credit for it.
4. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
2. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
3. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
4. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
5. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)