|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Sail small boats.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
(d) Listen to his grandmother.
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him look at a sword.
(b) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(c) Gave him candy.
(d) Gave him marbles.
3. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He was addicted to caffeine.
(c) He was prejudiced.
(d) He used opium.
4. Where was Rhys from?
5. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was too extreme.
(b) It was wrong.
(c) It was not logical.
(d) It was exactly right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
2. What did the theosophists talk about?
3. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
4. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
5. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)