|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
2. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
3. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
4. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His addiction to alcohol.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His rude nature.
5. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) The National Theater.
(b) Irish Center Theater.
(c) Abby Theater.
(d) Dublin's Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
2. What was Taylor gifted at?
3. What did the theosophists talk about?
4. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
5. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)