|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
3. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
4. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Swearing in front of a girl.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Breaking a dish.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
5. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His beliefs.
(b) His addiction to alcohol.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His rude nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
2. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
3. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
4. What was Taylor gifted at?
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)