|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It was too far from her home.
(b) It would not be true to her art.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) She did not like her boss.
3. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
4. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The follower.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The sponsor.
(d) The leader.
5. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) The National Theater.
(b) Dublin's Theater.
(c) Irish Center Theater.
(d) Abby Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
2. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
4. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)