|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book II. Ireland after Parnell,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
2. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A dream.
(c) A talk with a teacher.
3. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was exactly right.
(c) It was too extreme.
(d) It was not logical.
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(a) William Morris.
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His religion.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His Irish descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
2. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
3. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)