|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Mansfield Place.
(b) Bedfield Park.
(c) Fairfax Landing.
(d) Canterville Chase.
2. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
3. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was much too old for him.
(b) She was much too young for him.
(c) She was engaged to another man.
(d) She was too good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
2. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
4. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
5. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)