|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poet's Corner.
(b) The Literary Works Guild.
(c) The Rhymer's Club.
(d) The Poetry Circuit.
2. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The Floaters.
(c) The Masters.
(d) The Drifters.
3. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
4. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
5. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were ungrateful.
(b) They were boring.
(c) They were uneducated.
(d) They were insincere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
2. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
3. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
4. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
5. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)