|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Rewarded him.
(b) Threatened him.
(c) Got him a tutor.
(d) Taught him at home.
2. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were uneducated.
(b) They were ungrateful.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were boring.
3. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poet's Corner.
(b) The Rhymer's Club.
(c) The Poetry Circuit.
(d) The Literary Works Guild.
4. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Drifters.
(b) The Floaters.
(c) The Masters.
(d) The Gods.
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
3. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
4. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
5. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)