|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Rewarded him.
(b) Threatened him.
(c) Taught him at home.
(d) Got him a tutor.
3. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
4. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was exactly right.
(b) It was not logical.
(c) It was wrong.
(d) It was too extreme.
5. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
2. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
3. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
4. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)