|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
2. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was too good for him.
(b) She was much too old for him.
(c) She was much too young for him.
(d) She was engaged to another man.
3. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
4. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
5. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Copied styles.
(c) Logical flaws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
2. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
3. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)