|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
2. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were ungrateful.
(b) They were boring.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were uneducated.
3. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
4. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Swearing in front of a girl.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
(d) Breaking a dish.
5. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Fairfax Landing.
(b) Bedfield Park.
(c) Canterville Chase.
(d) Mansfield Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rhys from?
2. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
3. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
4. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)