|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him candy.
(b) Let him look at a sword.
(c) Gave him marbles.
(d) Let him run around outside for a minute.
3. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
(b) Under the stars.
(c) Old castles.
(d) His mother's house.
4. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were uneducated.
(b) They were ungrateful.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were boring.
5. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Taught him at home.
(b) Rewarded him.
(c) Threatened him.
(d) Got him a tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
2. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
3. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
4. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
5. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)