|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Mansfield Place.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Fairfax Landing.
(d) Bedfield Park.
2. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Logical flaws.
(d) Copied styles.
3. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(b) His brother died.
(c) He read the Bible.
(d) He met a preacher.
4. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was much too young for him.
(b) She was much too old for him.
(c) She was too good for him.
(d) She was engaged to another man.
5. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(b) Listen to his grandmother.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
(d) Sail small boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
2. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
3. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
4. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
5. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)