|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A talk with a teacher.
(c) A dream.
2. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Bedfield Park.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Mansfield Place.
(d) Fairfax Landing.
3. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were ungrateful.
(b) They were uneducated.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were boring.
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was not logical.
(c) It was too extreme.
(d) It was exactly right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
2. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
3. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
4. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
5. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)