|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henley's occupation?
2. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(a) Greek and Latin.
3. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was engaged to another man.
(b) She was too good for him.
(c) She was much too young for him.
(d) She was much too old for him.
4. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To collect an inheritance.
(b) To visit a relative.
(c) To give his son an education.
(d) To pursue his art.
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
2. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
3. Where was Rhys from?
4. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
5. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)