|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His religion.
(c) His father.
(d) His Irish descent.
2. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) To help him train for an event.
3. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was too extreme.
(b) It was exactly right.
(c) It was wrong.
(d) It was not logical.
4. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
5. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
2. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
3. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
4. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
5. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)