|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A dream.
(c) A talk with a teacher.
2. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His religion.
(d) His Irish descent.
4. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
5. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were ungrateful.
(b) They were insincere.
(c) They were uneducated.
(d) They were boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
3. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
4. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)