|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Logical flaws.
(c) Copied styles.
2. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
(a) She was much too old for him.
(b) She was engaged to another man.
(c) She was too good for him.
(d) She was much too young for him.
3. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
4. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(a) Greek and Latin.
5. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
2. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
3. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
4. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
5. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)