|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Swearing in front of a girl.
(c) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
(d) Breaking a dish.
3. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
4. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He met a preacher.
(b) His brother died.
(c) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(d) He read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
2. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
3. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
4. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
5. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)