|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rhys from?
2. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was too extreme.
(b) It was exactly right.
(c) It was not logical.
(d) It was wrong.
3. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Swearing in front of a girl.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Breaking a dish.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
4. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His religion.
(b) His Irish descent.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poetry Circuit.
(b) The Rhymer's Club.
(c) The Literary Works Guild.
(d) The Poet's Corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
2. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
3. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)