|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
(a) Sail small boats.
(b) Listen to his grandmother.
(c) Walk the trail by the river.
2. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
3. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Fairfax Landing.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Bedfield Park.
(d) Mansfield Place.
4. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
5. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Breaking a dish.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Swearing in front of a girl.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
2. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
3. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
4. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)