|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was not logical.
(c) It was too extreme.
(d) It was exactly right.
2. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poetry Circuit.
(b) The Poet's Corner.
(c) The Literary Works Guild.
(d) The Rhymer's Club.
3. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Copied styles.
(b) Logical flaws.
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
3. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
4. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
5. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)