|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book I. Four Years: 1887-1891,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
2. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(a) Public affection.
(b) Voicing their opinions.
3. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(b) Greek and Latin.
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
(a) Bedfield Park.
(b) Mansfield Place.
(c) Canterville Chase.
(d) Fairfax Landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
3. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
4. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
5. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)