|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bounty of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A prayer answered.
(b) A sign of strength.
(c) A weakness.
(d) A necessity.
2. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He went on campaigns.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He wrote about Irish legends.
(d) He translated old work.
3. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) She lost part of her fortune.
(b) Her husband died.
(c) Her inheritance was taken away.
(d) Her son was killed.
4. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
(a) Under the stars.
(c) Old castles.
(d) His mother's house.
5. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Sit in chairs.
(b) Fish in the stream.
(c) Drink in a tavern.
(d) Take long walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
2. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
3. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
4. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
5. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)