|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bounty of Sweden,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
(d) Cabbalistic symbols.
2. What did Yeats want to ask his best friend permission to do?
(a) Read his journal.
(b) Court his daughter.
(c) Help with his poetry.
(d) Finish his play.
3. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
(a) He did not want to hurt his feelings.
(b) He knew he would be denied.
(c) He did not want to make him worry needlessly.
(d) He did not want to reveal the thoughts of death.
4. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Rewarded him.
(b) Got him a tutor.
(c) Threatened him.
(d) Taught him at home.
5. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
(a) The actors.
(b) The government.
(c) The producers.
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
2. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
3. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
4. What was Henley's occupation?
5. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)