|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Bounty of Sweden</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He met a preacher.
(b) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He read the Bible.
2. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him look at a sword.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Gave him marbles.
(d) Let him run around outside for a minute.
3. What was Yeats humbled by when he got to Stockholm?
(a) He saw a poster of himself.
(b) He was recognized.
(c) He saw the man who lost the award.
(d) He heard one of his poems being quoted.
4. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
(a) It was personal to him.
(b) He was dealing with his grief.
(c) He was intimidated by its depth.
(d) It was not finished.
5. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) A lost love.
(b) A dead mother.
(c) A pointless life.
(d) To ignite his imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
2. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
3. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
4. What did most of the theaters in Ireland perform plays for?
5. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)