|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have hated it.
(b) He would have taken credit for it.
(c) He would have tried to change it.
(d) He would have been obessed with it.
2. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To help him train for an event.
(d) To help him defend himself from bullies.
3. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Drifters.
(b) The Masters.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Floaters.
4. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Read their work.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Criticize them.
5. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Rewarded him.
(b) Threatened him.
(c) Taught him at home.
(d) Got him a tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
2. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
4. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)