|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Breaking a dish.
(b) Swearing in front of a girl.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The follower.
(c) The sponsor.
(d) The leader.
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(b) He translated old work.
(c) He wrote about Irish legends.
(d) He went on campaigns.
4. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
5. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were boring.
(b) They were ungrateful.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
3. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
4. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
5. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)