|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trembling of the Veil, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(b) Greek and Latin.
2. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(b) Public affection.
(c) Voicing their opinions.
3. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
4. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(b) Gave him candy.
(c) Gave him marbles.
(d) Let him look at a sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
2. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
4. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
5. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)