|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Trembling of the Veil</I>, Book III. Hodos Chameliontos,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(a) Public affection.
(d) Voicing their opinions.
2. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It would not be true to her art.
(b) She did not like her boss.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) It was too far from her home.
4. What was O'Grady's first name?
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) His brother died.
(b) He met a preacher.
(c) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(d) He read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Taylor so close to insane?
2. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
3. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)