|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
2. What did most of the theaters in Ireland perform plays for?
(a) High charges.
(b) Food and other trade goods.
3. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
4. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Strange childhood events.
(b) The teaching of a college professor.
(c) Dreams from his youth.
(d) His father's rigidness.
5. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
(a) His sickness.
(b) His bad reputation.
(c) His arrest.
(d) His lunacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
2. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
3. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
4. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
5. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)