|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have tried to change it.
(b) He would have been obessed with it.
(c) He would have hated it.
(d) He would have taken credit for it.
2. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Fish in the stream.
(b) Take long walks.
(c) Sit in chairs.
(d) Drink in a tavern.
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His father.
(b) His religion.
(c) His Irish descent.
(d) His grandfather.
4. Who almost ruined Yeats's plan to make the Gaelic play a success?
(c) Lady Gregory.
5. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) His father's rigidness.
(b) Strange childhood events.
(c) Dreams from his youth.
(d) The teaching of a college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
2. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
3. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
4. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
5. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)