|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Rudyard Kipling.
2. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
3. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poetry Circuit.
(b) The Rhymer's Club.
(c) The Literary Works Guild.
(d) The Poet's Corner.
4. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(d) Very well.
5. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
(a) The government.
(b) The actors.
(c) The audience.
(d) The producers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
2. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
4. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
5. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)