|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who almost ruined Yeats's plan to make the Gaelic play a success?
(c) Lady Gregory.
2. What did Yeats say made Moore's writing improve?
(a) His time in the company of writers.
(b) His criticism.
(c) His time in the theater.
(d) His love affairs.
3. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(b) Fortune teller.
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) She lost part of her fortune.
(b) Her son was killed.
(c) Her inheritance was taken away.
(d) Her husband died.
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Rhymer's Club.
(b) The Poetry Circuit.
(c) The Poet's Corner.
(d) The Literary Works Guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
2. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
3. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
4. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
5. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)