|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
(a) Bedfield Park.
2. What was the most controversial part of Countess Cathleen?
(a) A man beats a woman.
(b) A woman sells her soul to the devil.
(c) An Irish man wants to be English.
(d) A Catholic priest is the villain.
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It was too far from her home.
(b) She did not like her boss.
(c) There were too many restrictions.
(d) It would not be true to her art.
4. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Drink in a tavern.
(b) Sit in chairs.
(c) Fish in the stream.
(d) Take long walks.
5. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Family members.
(c) Irish writers.
(d) Poor peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
2. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
3. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
4. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
5. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)