|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(b) Very well.
2. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
3. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
(a) They were uneducated.
(b) They were boring.
(c) They were insincere.
(d) They were ungrateful.
4. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Take long walks.
(b) Drink in a tavern.
(c) Fish in the stream.
(d) Sit in chairs.
5. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Bought copies of their books.
(b) Shared their own.
(c) Limited their own recitations.
(d) Offered critiques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
2. What did Yeats have visions of?
3. What was Moore's occupation?
4. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
5. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)