|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would lose his business.
(b) He would cut his hand.
(c) He would wear a strange hat.
(d) He would be in a shipwreck.
2. What was Moore's occupation?
(d) Theater owner.
3. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
(a) They were fast and professional.
(b) They were open to critiques.
(c) They wrote all day long.
(d) Their plot line was so intricate.
4. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Irish writers.
(b) Family members.
(d) Poor peasants.
5. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
(a) Pen set.
(c) Leather chair.
(d) Encouraging letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
2. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
3. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
4. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
5. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)