|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae: 1896-1902,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Davidson die?
(a) He drowned himself.
(b) He hung himself.
(c) He caught Consumption.
(d) He was shot by a burglar.
2. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) Her son was killed.
(b) Her husband died.
(c) She lost part of her fortune.
(d) Her inheritance was taken away.
3. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
4. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
5. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
(a) Fish in the stream.
(b) Sit in chairs.
(c) Take long walks.
(d) Drink in a tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
2. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
3. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
5. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)