|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Death of Synge</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
2. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) They were rude to her.
(b) Like a celebrity.
(c) Like a felon.
(d) They ignored her.
3. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) An art school.
(b) An advertising company.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A grocery store.
4. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The leader.
(b) The sponsor.
(c) The follower.
(d) The teacher.
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
2. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
3. What did Synge accept just before he died?
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
5. What was O'Grady's first name?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)