|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The stars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
2. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
(a) He was dealing with his grief.
(b) He was intimidated by its depth.
(c) It was personal to him.
(d) It was not finished.
3. What was O'Grady's first name?
4. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(c) International matters.
5. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have been obessed with it.
(b) He would have taken credit for it.
(c) He would have tried to change it.
(d) He would have hated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
2. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
3. What was Maud's occupation?
4. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
5. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)