|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His past experiences.
(c) His rigid beliefs.
(d) His paranoia.
2. What was Taylor gifted at?
3. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
(a) The writer was not as good as Synge.
(b) The other writer was a felon.
(c) The other writer was not from Ireland.
(d) The other writer had wronged Synge.
4. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
(a) Visions from a friend.
(b) The marriage of his son.
(c) The publication of his book.
(d) Letters from his daughter.
5. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A play.
(b) A short story.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
3. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
4. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
5. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)