|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
(a) To live by water.
(b) To move to America.
(c) To return to his homeland.
(d) To travel abroad.
2. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A novel.
(b) A play.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short story.
3. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The leader.
(b) The sponsor.
(c) The follower.
(d) The teacher.
4. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) Like a celebrity.
(b) Like a felon.
(c) They ignored her.
(d) They were rude to her.
5. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He translated old work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maud's occupation?
2. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
3. What made Taylor so close to insane?
4. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
5. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)