|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
(a) It was not finished.
(b) He was intimidated by its depth.
(c) It was personal to him.
(d) He was dealing with his grief.
2. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
3. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
(a) They did not appreciate symbolism.
(b) They skipped over important details.
(c) They needed a map to read good literature.
(d) They misinterpreted literature.
4. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His rude nature.
(b) His addiction to alcohol.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His beliefs.
5. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
(a) To live by water.
(b) To move to America.
(c) To travel abroad.
(d) To return to his homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
2. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
3. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
4. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
5. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)