|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Going on a speaking tour.
(b) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(c) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(d) Performing in a controversial play.
2. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
(a) The other writer had wronged Synge.
(b) The other writer was not from Ireland.
(c) The writer was not as good as Synge.
(d) The other writer was a felon.
3. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A prayer answered.
(b) A sign of strength.
(c) A necessity.
(d) A weakness.
4. What was O'Grady's first name?
5. What was Synge's final play?
(a) Deidre of the Sorrows.
(b) Deborah of the Sun.
(c) Delilah of the Street.
(d) Darlene of the Secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
3. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
4. What did the theosophists talk about?
5. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)