|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
2. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have tried to change it.
(b) He would have hated it.
(c) He would have been obessed with it.
(d) He would have taken credit for it.
3. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
4. What country did Davitt want to protect?
5. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
2. What was O'Grady's first name?
3. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
4. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
5. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)