|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through <I>The Death of Synge</I>,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
(a) A ship.
(b) A burning flag.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A tree.
2. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
3. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
(a) A publishing firm.
(b) A theater.
(c) A new house.
(d) A literary society.
4. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
(a) Letters from his daughter.
(b) The marriage of his son.
(c) The publication of his book.
(d) Visions from a friend.
5. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
(a) The other writer was not from Ireland.
(b) The other writer had wronged Synge.
(c) The other writer was a felon.
(d) The writer was not as good as Synge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
2. What did Synge accept just before he died?
3. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
4. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
5. What was O'Grady's first name?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)