|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) It was too far from her home.
(b) There were too many restrictions.
(c) She did not like her boss.
(d) It would not be true to her art.
2. What did Synge accept just before he died?
(a) His impending death.
(b) His estrangement from society.
(c) His lack of success.
(d) His belief in God.
3. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
4. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Write volumes and volumes.
(d) Get sick.
5. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
2. What was O'Grady's first name?
3. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
4. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
5. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)