|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Synge's final play?
(a) Delilah of the Street.
(b) Deborah of the Sun.
(c) Deidre of the Sorrows.
(d) Darlene of the Secrets.
2. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A poem.
(b) A novel.
(c) A short story.
(d) A play.
3. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
4. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
5. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) It was too far from her home.
(c) She did not like her boss.
(d) It would not be true to her art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
2. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
3. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
4. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
5. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)