|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It was very original.
(b) It was on the road to perfection.
(c) It was too ornamental.
(d) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
2. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
(a) Irish Center Theater.
(b) Dublin's Theater.
(c) Abby Theater.
(d) The National Theater.
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He wrote about Irish legends.
4. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
5. What did Synge accept just before he died?
(a) His estrangement from society.
(b) His impending death.
(c) His lack of success.
(d) His belief in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
2. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
3. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
4. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)