|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
2. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Write volumes and volumes.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Get sick.
3. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His past experiences.
(b) His paranoia.
(c) His rigid beliefs.
(d) His shyness.
4. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Going on a speaking tour.
(b) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(c) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(d) Performing in a controversial play.
5. What was O'Grady's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
2. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
3. What was Synge's final play?
4. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
5. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)