|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
(a) A tree.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A ship.
(d) A burning flag.
2. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
(a) The other writer was not from Ireland.
(b) The other writer was a felon.
(c) The writer was not as good as Synge.
(d) The other writer had wronged Synge.
3. What did Synge accept just before he died?
(a) His estrangement from society.
(b) His impending death.
(c) His lack of success.
(d) His belief in God.
4. What did the theosophists talk about?
5. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A necessity.
(b) A sign of strength.
(c) A weakness.
(d) A prayer answered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
2. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
3. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
4. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
5. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)