|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was O'Grady's first name?
2. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He wrote about Irish legends.
(d) He went on campaigns.
3. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
4. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
(b) Big cities.
(c) The woods.
(d) The ocean.
5. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
2. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
3. What was Maud's occupation?
4. What country did Davitt want to protect?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)