|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
2. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It was on the road to perfection.
(b) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
(c) It was too ornamental.
(d) It was very original.
3. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
4. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
(a) To travel abroad.
(b) To return to his homeland.
(c) To live by water.
(d) To move to America.
5. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) Like a felon.
(b) Like a celebrity.
(c) They were rude to her.
(d) They ignored her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maud's occupation?
2. What did the theosophists talk about?
3. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
4. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
5. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)