|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Synge,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
2. What was Synge's final play?
(a) Darlene of the Secrets.
(b) Deidre of the Sorrows.
(c) Delilah of the Street.
(d) Deborah of the Sun.
3. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
4. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
(a) A publishing firm.
(b) A theater.
(c) A new house.
(d) A literary society.
5. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
(a) It was not finished.
(b) It was personal to him.
(c) He was dealing with his grief.
(d) He was intimidated by its depth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
2. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
3. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
4. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
5. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)