|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Editor say of Fela's values in the Editor's Afterword?
(a) They were forced upon Sara.
(b) They were corrupt.
(c) They were forgotten.
(d) She upheld them.
2. What does the Editor say distorts the story of some Holocaust witnesses?
(a) The psychological trauma.
(b) Their old age.
(c) The survivors guilt.
(d) Their young age at the time.
3. What did the bombing give to Sara and others in the camp?
4. What did the SS do with Mala after her short stay at the hospital?
(a) Buried her.
(b) Let her rot in the mud.
(c) Put her back in her block.
(d) Brought her to the gas chamber.
5. What did the SS soldiers know by the time of the 1945 New Year?
(a) That they would have to flee.
(b) That they would be captured.
(c) That the war was lost.
(d) That they could not kill everyone in the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Sara and her group that they would soon receive Red Cross food?
2. What did the women want according to Sara in Chapter 37?
3. What does Sara say that she and the other women hoped for?
4. What newspaper did Orli give Sara and her friends?
5. What does Sara say the women at the camp could not process?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Sara return after the Germans surrendered?
2. What did the Holocaust raise according to the editor?
3. What happened on January 18, 1945?
4. What did the one hundred rabbis do upon arrival in Auschwitz?
5. What did an SS man tell Sara and others and what did Sara do in Chapter 36?
6. What did Irena try to encourage the women to do according to Sara in Chapter 30?
7. How did Sara introduce herself?
8. Who was hung at the gates at the end of October 1944 and why?
9. What did the leaflets dropped in Chapter 38 say?
10. What gave Sara and other infirmary workers a sense of hope as 1944 came to an end?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)