|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mala's boyfriend's corpse hung?
(a) In Sara's block.
(b) On the gate.
(c) Near his block.
(d) Next to the woman's camp.
2. What does the Editor say some prisoners did with their value system?
(a) They hold on to it.
(b) They tried to force it upon others.
(c) They forgot it.
(d) They adjusted it to the camp life.
3. Who was the speech reprinted in the newspaper in Chapter 33 addressed to?
(b) German civilians.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
4. What were the prisoners receiving according to Sara in Chapter 31?
(a) More water.
(b) New clothes.
(d) Packages of food.
5. What news did Hans bring to Auschwitz?
(a) The capitulation of Germany.
(b) The American landing in Normandy.
(c) The Red Army crossed into Prussia.
(d) The bombing of Dresden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style does Sara use to tell her story according to the Editor?
2. Who was present in Rostock at the same time as Sara?
3. What did the SS soldiers know by the time of the 1945 New Year?
4. What does the Editor argue prisoners in concentration camps were lacking?
5. Why did the gassing cease in Auschwitz according to Sara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What destination did Sara's transport reach in Chapter 37?
2. Why did the women's digestive systems rebel against the food from the Red Cross?
3. What did the leaflets dropped in Chapter 38 say?
4. What happened on January 18, 1945?
5. What tradition did Sara write in according to the editor?
6. What did the copy of Goebbel's newspaper say?
7. Why did Sara and her friends discover it would be dangerous to stay in the haystacks in Chapter 39?
8. Who was hung at the gates at the end of October 1944 and why?
9. What did Sara do on April 30 1945 when the SS decided to evacuate them?
10. Where did the Auschwitz prisoners go to after the march?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)