|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some of the women do to keep busy?
(a) Tried to sleep.
(b) Cleaned the camp.
(c) Played cards.
(d) Treated the wounded.
2. What does the Editor say distorts the story of some Holocaust witnesses?
(a) Their young age at the time.
(b) The psychological trauma.
(c) Their old age.
(d) The survivors guilt.
3. What news did Hans bring to Auschwitz?
(a) The American landing in Normandy.
(b) The Red Army crossed into Prussia.
(c) The capitulation of Germany.
(d) The bombing of Dresden.
4. Where was Mala's boyfriend's corpse hung?
(a) Near his block.
(b) On the gate.
(c) In Sara's block.
(d) Next to the woman's camp.
5. Why did the gassing cease in Auschwitz according to Sara?
(a) Because the Russians had threatened to do the same to Germans.
(b) Because they needed to evacuate.
(c) Because of bombing activity.
(d) Because the cremation unit broke down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Editor qualify Sara's stories?
2. What does Sara wonder at the start of Chapter 25?
3. What does Sara say filled the open space of the camp the previous New Year?
4. What did the speech reprinted in the newspaper in Chapter 33 say to resist?
5. What newspaper did Orli give Sara and her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the editor say the Holocaust witnesses had trouble with?
2. Where did Sara return after the Germans surrendered?
3. What did an SS man tell Sara and others and what did Sara do in Chapter 36?
4. What did Magna believe about dignity as human beings in Chapter 25?
5. Who appeared before Sara when the women were singing one day?
6. What tradition did Sara write in according to the editor?
7. Why did Sara and her friends discover it would be dangerous to stay in the haystacks in Chapter 39?
8. What were concentration camp prisoners denied based on the afterword?
9. Who was Mrs. Helena and when did she and Sara meet?
10. Where did the Auschwitz prisoners go to after the march?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)