|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Editor argue Sara tried to do in writing her story?
(a) Cast her demons away.
(b) Make sure the memory survives her.
(c) Make the reality of Auschwitz believable.
(d) Put it behind her.
2. Who rescued Sara during her trip out of Auschwitz?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(d) Marusia and Kwieta.
3. What does the editor claim the Holocaust represents for the Jewish people?
(a) A wake up call.
(b) A test.
(c) An opportunity.
(d) The last exploitation.
4. What does the Editor say some prisoners did with their value system?
(a) They forgot it.
(b) They adjusted it to the camp life.
(c) They hold on to it.
(d) They tried to force it upon others.
5. What did the Editor argue concentration camp denied prisoners?
(a) Warm accommodations.
(d) The ability to organize their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the SS torture Mala and her boyfriend?
2. How were Mala and her boyfriend returned?
3. What did the bombing give to Sara and others in the camp?
4. What did Mala do on her way to her execution?
5. Who does Sara say was celebrating the 1945 New Year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hans and what did the resistance arrange for him?
2. What did Sara and other survivors draw on according to the editor?
3. Where did the Auschwitz prisoners go to after the march?
4. What did Irena try to encourage the women to do according to Sara in Chapter 30?
5. What did the editor say the Holocaust witnesses had trouble with?
6. What did the Holocaust raise according to the editor?
7. Who was Mrs. Helena and when did she and Sara meet?
8. What was the story Mrs. Helena shared with Sara and the other infirmary workers?
9. What did the one hundred rabbis do upon arrival in Auschwitz?
10. What gave Sara and other infirmary workers a sense of hope as 1944 came to an end?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)