|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say filled the open space of the camp the previous New Year?
(a) German civilians.
(b) Singing and drunk Germans.
(c) Dead prisoners.
2. What did the rabbis start to sing according to Sara?
(a) The Masoretes.
(b) The Kol Nidrei.
(c) The Lekha Dodi.
(d) The Songs of Ascents.
3. What did Sara notice about the Rostock military airport in Chapter 37?
(a) It was empty.
(b) It was full of new jet fighters.
(c) It was full of fleeing Germans.
(d) It had underground hangars.
4. Who does Sara say ignored the women at the camp?
(a) The doctors.
(b) SS and blokowe.
(c) The POW that were with them.
(d) The German civilians.
5. What newspaper did Orli give Sara and her friends?
(a) The Pravda.
(b) The Washington Post.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say she did not know how to handle in Chapter 39?
2. What did some of the women do to keep busy?
3. Who came the the infirmary to take all of the hospital documents?
4. What was Mala's boyfriend's name?
5. What was the date when all the hospital documents were taken away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did an SS man tell Sara and others and what did Sara do in Chapter 36?
2. Why did Sara and her friends discover it would be dangerous to stay in the haystacks in Chapter 39?
3. Why did the sirens sound in Auschwitz the fall of 1944?
4. What did the leaflets dropped in Chapter 38 say?
5. What gave Sara and other infirmary workers a sense of hope as 1944 came to an end?
6. What happened on January 18, 1945?
7. Where did Sara return after the Germans surrendered?
8. Who was Hans and what did the resistance arrange for him?
9. What did the Holocaust raise according to the editor?
10. What did Irena try to encourage the women to do according to Sara in Chapter 30?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)