|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say that she and the other women hoped for?
(a) Mala's capture.
(b) That Mala would make it to the Russians.
(c) The Mala would spread the word of what was happening inside the camp.
(d) A quick death for Mala.
2. Where were the rabbis in Chapter 27 from according to Sara?
3. What does the Editor say the story of Fela illustrates?
(a) How people change.
(b) The lack of morality in the camp.
(c) The effect of the story as a whole.
(d) The fragile state of the human psyche.
4. Whose planes were bombing Auschwitz more frequently in the end of 1944 according to Sara in Chapter 31?
5. Who thought that depriving a human being of the knowledge of death is depriving them of their dignity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the infirmary workers forced to do in Chapter 26?
2. What did Sara and the others not have to do at the new camp?
3. Where was Mala's boyfriend's corpse hung?
4. Who told Sara and her group that they would soon receive Red Cross food?
5. What did the Russian soldiers find for Sara and her group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the leaflets dropped in Chapter 38 say?
2. What did Magna believe about dignity as human beings in Chapter 25?
3. What tradition did Sara write in according to the editor?
4. How did Sara introduce herself?
5. What did the Holocaust raise according to the editor?
6. Why did the sirens sound in Auschwitz the fall of 1944?
7. Where did Sara return after the Germans surrendered?
8. Who was hung at the gates at the end of October 1944 and why?
9. What did Dr. Koenig and the SS men want when they arrived at the infirmary?
10. Where did the Auschwitz prisoners go to after the march?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)