|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say Mengele did during the summer with the little Gypsy boy?
(a) Experimented on him.
(b) Paraded him around.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Allowed him to leave.
2. What did Sara feel toward Cyla?
3. Who did Sara say was stealing the bread?
(a) A Ukrainian girl.
(b) A Hungarian woman.
(c) A Slovakian woman.
(d) A female SS guard.
4. What did Natasha pretend to be in Chapter 24?
(b) Insane so she could insult Germans.
5. Who does Sara say escaped during the trip?
(a) A man named Jacob.
(b) A married couple.
(c) A communist prisoner.
(d) A girl named Genia.
6. How many people does Sara say had been killed by the end of the summer?
7. What did Lisette tell her husband to do after receiving his letter?
(a) To organize a group and escape.
(b) To organize a group and plan an insurrection.
(c) To organize a group and blow up the crematoriums.
(d) To organize a group and come get her.
8. When was Orli Reichert imprisoned?
9. What was Stutthof?
(a) A WWII concentration camp.
(b) A boot camp for German infantry.
(c) A POW camp.
(d) A town in Germany.
10. When was the worst time in Auschwitz according to Sara in Chapter 19?
(a) Summer 1944.
(b) Winter 1944.
(c) Fall 1944.
(d) Spring 1945.
11. Where were the midget families Sara talks about in Chapter 23?
(a) The entrance of the camp.
(b) The circus.
(c) The infirmary.
(d) The death block.
12. Who disliked Eastern European Jews according to Sara?
(a) German Jews.
(b) Russian prisoners.
(c) French Jews.
(d) Everyone in the camp.
13. What did Sara say was terrible in her block?
(a) The smell.
(b) The fight for beds.
(c) The fight for food.
(d) The weather.
14. How old was Erika Schneider in 1944?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 40 years old.
(d) 36 years old.
15. What was the name of the woman appointed block elder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the women not allowed to have after arriving at Auschwitz?
2. Why did Eva go rogue while she was in the Gestapo hierarchy?
3. When did Sonia arrive in Auschwitz?
4. Where did Sonia come from according to Sara?
5. What did the doctor ask one midget and his normal sized wife?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)