|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 36, Old Women, Ilya Ehrenburg Addresses Us, The New Year's Celebration, The Bewitched Sleigh, The Camp Blanket, In Pursuit of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper did Orli give Sara and her friends?
(b) The Pravda.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Washington Post.
2. Who does Sara say was celebrating the 1945 New Year?
(a) The Russian prisoners.
(b) The SS.
(c) The guards.
(d) The prisoners.
3. What news did Hans bring to Auschwitz?
(a) The Red Army crossed into Prussia.
(b) The bombing of Dresden.
(c) The American landing in Normandy.
(d) The capitulation of Germany.
4. What was the name of the doctor that treated Sara in Chapter 8?
5. What did the red triangle on Erika Schneider's arm mean?
(a) She was a communist.
(b) She was an asocial.
(c) She was a unionist.
(d) She was a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of the two women that enforced SS rules?
2. Who rescued Sara during her trip out of Auschwitz?
3. How old was Erika Schneider in 1944?
4. What did the bombing give to Sara and others in the camp?
5. What country did Erika Schneider come from?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)