|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance do Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Felipe decide Aura will go if she wants his help, according to Chapter 3?
3. What movement do Consuelo and Aura do in unison after Aura and Felipe make love in Chapter 4?
4. What time of the day is it when Aura leaves Felipe’s room in Chapter 3?
5. How does Felipe hold the item he finds at his dinner setting in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs Felipe about himself while he eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
2. What does Felipe think of the General’s manuscript, according to the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Describe the dream Felipe has in Chapter 4.
4. What two conclusions does Felipe draw after the meal with Aura and Consuelo in Chapter 3?
5. What does Felipe think Aura’s role is?
6. What is significant about the waltz Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
7. What five things does Felipe do to get ready for dinner in Chapter 4?
8. What does Felipe see when he finds the source of the strange yowling in Chapter 3?
9. What does Felipe realize about the herbs that Aura is growing on the dark patio in Chapter 4?
10. What is the significance of the wafer Aura gives Felipe in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define characterization. Identify and explain each type of characterization. Give at least two examples of each type of characterization from Aura.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the changes that occur in Felipe as the story progresses. Compare and contrast the Felipe from Chapter 1 with the Felipe from Chapter 5. How are they alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Define mood. What is its role in literature? How is it identified? What is the overall mood of Aura? How is this mood expressed in the story? Provide specific examples from the story.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)