|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is served for lunch in Chapter 3?
2. What time of the day is it when Aura leaves Felipe’s room in Chapter 3?
3. How old was the General when he died?
4. What is wrong with the animals Felipe sees making the strange noise he hears in Chapter 3?
5. What flowers does Aura put in her hair in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that leads to Felipe’s realization that Aura and Consuelo are connected.
2. What does Felipe think Aura’s role is?
3. What does Felipe see Consuelo doing when he peeks in at her after leaving her room in Chapter 3?
4. What disturbs Felipe about himself while he eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
5. Describe Aura’s room.
6. What does Felipe think of the General’s manuscript, according to the beginning of Chapter 3?
7. What does Felipe realize about the herbs that Aura is growing on the dark patio in Chapter 4?
8. Describe the dream Felipe has in Chapter 4.
9. How does Consuelo react when Felipe says he thought Saga was male?
10. What two conclusions does Felipe draw after the meal with Aura and Consuelo in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the changes that occur in Felipe as the story progresses. Compare and contrast the Felipe from Chapter 1 with the Felipe from Chapter 5. How are they alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Define allusion. What is a literary allusion? How is it identified in literature? Identify and explain at least two allusions in Aura.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing. How is it used in literature? How is it identified? Identify at least two examples of foreshadowing in Aura, and explain what each foreshadows in the story.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)