|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only decoration in Aura’s room?
2. What does Felipe suspect about Aura at the end of breakfast in Chapter 3?
3. How does Felipe hold the item he finds at his dinner setting in Chapter 4?
4. What does Consuelo say about solitude in Chapter 3?
5. What does Aura do with the object she rubs on her thighs in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Aura washing Felipe’s feet in Chapter 4?
2. What is significant about the waltz Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
3. What is Aura doing while she helps Consuelo back to her room in Chapter 3?
4. What is different about Aura when Felipe goes to her in Chapter 4? Why?
5. How does Consuelo react when Felipe starts to give his opinion on the first bundle of manuscript pages?
6. What does Felipe realize about the herbs that Aura is growing on the dark patio in Chapter 4?
7. What does Felipe see Consuelo doing when he peeks in at her after leaving her room in Chapter 3?
8. What does Felipe think Aura’s role is?
9. What is Felipe afraid of when he locks himself in his room in Chapter 4? Why?
10. What is the significance of the wafer Aura gives Felipe in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define structure. What is the role of structure in literature? Explain the structure of Aura.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how stories are categorized by word length. What are the common categories and their word counts? How is Aura categorized? How do these categories impact a reader’s experience of a story?
Essay Topic 3
Define point of view. Identify and explain the three types of point of view. What is the point of view of Aura? How do you know?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)