|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felipe see against the chest in Chapter 2?
2. What is on the second serving platter Aura uncovers at Felipe’s first supper at the house?
3. What covers the old woman’s bed?
4. What is on the wall where the old woman is kneeling after supper in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Felipe unable to leave his door open to let the lamplight guide him back downstairs in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the door knocker at 815 Donceles Street.
2. What does Felipe wonder as he leaves the café in Chapter 1?
3. What reason does the old woman give for the darkness in her home in Chapter 2?
4. What is Felipe’s bedroom and bathroom like?
5. What is on the wall where the old woman is kneeling in Chapter 2?
6. What happens when Felipe returns to the café a second morning in Chapter 1?
7. What three things does Felipe do before going down to supper in Chapter 2?
8. What mystery about the cats is raised at the end of Chapter 2?
9. Why is Felipe surprised the address in the advertisement is on Donceles Street?
10. What is the advertisement Felipe sees in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing. How is it used in literature? How is it identified? Identify at least two examples of foreshadowing in Aura, and explain what each foreshadows in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how stories are categorized by word length. What are the common categories and their word counts? How is Aura categorized? How do these categories impact a reader’s experience of a story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the changes that occur in Felipe as the story progresses. Compare and contrast the Felipe from Chapter 1 with the Felipe from Chapter 5. How are they alike? How are they different?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)