|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method is required to apply to the advertisement in Chapter 1?
2. What is the only thing missing from the advertisement, according to the narrator?
3. What color is the rug in Felipe’s room?
4. What is on the old woman’s cheeks when Felipe helps her back into bed in Chapter 2?
5. What does Felipe see against the chest in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Felipe startled when he sees Aura?
2. Why does Felipe run through dates in his head as he waits for the bus in Chapter 1?
3. What is the advertisement Felipe sees in Chapter 1?
4. What is on the wall where the old woman is kneeling in Chapter 2?
5. What does Felipe do in the mirror in his bathroom?
6. What three things does Felipe do before going down to supper in Chapter 2?
7. What does Felipe see when he goes into the old woman’s room in Chapter 1?
8. What reason does the old woman give for the darkness in her home in Chapter 2?
9. What mystery about the cats is raised at the end of Chapter 2?
10. What instructions does the old woman give Felipe when he goes into the house in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define Freytag’s Pyramid. Identify and define each element of Freytag’s Pyramid, and provide an example of each from Aura.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the changes that occur in Aura as the story progresses. How does she change? Why does she change? What does this reveal about her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the timeline of the plot of Aura.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)