|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is Aura’s skirt made of in Chapter 2?
2. What color are Aura’s eyes?
3. What color is Aura wearing in Chapter 2?
4. Where is Felipe at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What does Felipe tell Aura about himself at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Felipe returns to the café a second morning in Chapter 1?
2. What does Felipe see when he goes into the old woman’s room in Chapter 1?
3. What does Felipe think the advertisement in Chapter 1 should say?
4. What three things does Felipe do before going down to supper in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Felipe run through dates in his head as he waits for the bus in Chapter 1?
6. What condition does the old woman place on Felipe’s position in Chapter 1?
7. What instructions does the old woman give Felipe when he goes into the house in Chapter 1?
8. What reason does the old woman give for the darkness in her home in Chapter 2?
9. Why is Felipe surprised the address in the advertisement is on Donceles Street?
10. What is Felipe served for supper in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define point of view. Identify and explain the three types of point of view. What is the point of view of Aura? How do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Define Freytag’s Pyramid. Identify and define each element of Freytag’s Pyramid, and provide an example of each from Aura.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Consuelo and Aura. How are they connected? What do they think of each other?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)