|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is painted on the tub in Felipe’s bathroom?
2. What is the rabbit’s name?
3. What is on the wall where the old woman is kneeling after supper in Chapter 2?
4. What color is the rug in Felipe’s room?
5. What shape is the mirror in Felipe’s bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old woman react when Felipe tells her there is a rat’s nest by the chest in Chapter 2? What does this reveal about her?
2. What three things does Felipe do before going down to supper in Chapter 2?
3. What does Felipe think the advertisement in Chapter 1 should say?
4. Why is Felipe startled when he sees Aura?
5. What instructions does the old woman give Felipe when he goes into the house in Chapter 1?
6. What is on the wall where the old woman is kneeling in Chapter 2?
7. Why does Felipe run through dates in his head as he waits for the bus in Chapter 1?
8. What is the advertisement Felipe sees in Chapter 1?
9. What two things is Felipe thinking about as Aura shows him to his room in Chapter 2?
10. What happens when Felipe returns to the café a second morning in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the author uses dreams and hallucinations in the story. How do they affect Felipe? How do they affect the reader’s experience? Why are they included?
Essay Topic 2
Define Freytag’s Pyramid. Identify and define each element of Freytag’s Pyramid, and provide an example of each from Aura.
Essay Topic 3
Define setting. What is its role in literature? What elements are part of the setting? How does setting impact a story? What is the setting of Aura? How does the setting impact the story of Aura?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)