|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance do Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
(a) A waltz.
(b) A pas de deux.
(c) A foxtrot.
(d) A quick-step.
2. What is the first image Felipe sees in his dream in Chapter 3?
(a) A fleshless hand.
(b) A platter of liver.
(c) Aura's eyes.
(d) A cat.
3. What does Consuelo say Aura is growing on the patio?
(b) A vegetable garden.
(c) Shade plants.
(d) Medicinal herbs.
4. What does Felipe think he can do for Aura, according to Chapter 3?
(a) Save her.
(b) Protect her.
(c) Understand her.
(d) Teach her.
5. Where does Felipe say he would work better when he speaks with Consuelo after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) In a public library.
(b) At his own apartment.
(d) In electric light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Felipe want the job of finishing the General’s memoirs to last as long as possible?
2. How long does Felipe try to go back to sleep on his first morning at Consuelo’s house?
3. What does Aura ask Felipe as they make love in Chapter 4?
4. What does Aura tell Felipe after they make love in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Felipe see crawling toward him at the beginning of his dream in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felipe realize about the herbs that Aura is growing on the dark patio in Chapter 4?
2. What does Felipe think of the General’s manuscript, according to the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. How does the narrator describe Aura’s ringing of the black bell in Chapter 3?
4. What is Felipe afraid of when he locks himself in his room in Chapter 4? Why?
5. What disturbs Felipe about himself while he eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
6. What is strange about the lunch Felipe shares with Aura and Consuelo in Chapter 3?
7. What does Felipe see Consuelo doing when he peeks in at her after leaving her room in Chapter 3?
8. What is unusual about Aura and Consuelo’s departure from Aura’s room at the end of Chapter 4?
9. Describe Felipe’s dream in Chapter 3.
10. Describe Aura’s room.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)