|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of the day is it when Aura leaves Felipe’s room in Chapter 3?
(a) Nearly midnight.
2. How old was the General at the time of the French invasion, according to Chapter 3?
3. Who does the person Felipe sees at the beginning of his dream in Chapter 4 transform into?
(c) The servant.
4. How does Felipe hold the item he finds at his dinner setting in Chapter 4?
(a) He doesn’t; he is afraid to touch it.
(b) In both hands.
(c) In his left hand.
(d) In his right hand.
5. What color is the ink in the General’s manuscripts, according to Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the animals Felipe sees making the strange noise he hears in Chapter 3?
2. Where was the General exiled, according to Chapter 3?
3. Where does Aura sit when Felipe wakes up after they make love in Chapter 4?
4. What is the only decoration in Aura’s room?
5. What color ribbon is the second bundle of manuscripts tied with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream Felipe has in Chapter 4.
2. What does Felipe see when he finds the source of the strange yowling in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Felipe want to extend his stay at Consuelo’s house? What does he want to do with his earnings?
4. How does Consuelo react when Felipe starts to give his opinion on the first bundle of manuscript pages?
5. What is strange about the lunch Felipe shares with Aura and Consuelo in Chapter 3?
6. What is significant about Aura washing Felipe’s feet in Chapter 4?
7. What is significant about the waltz Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
8. What does Felipe see Consuelo doing when he peeks in at her after leaving her room in Chapter 3?
9. What is the significance of the wafer Aura gives Felipe in Chapter 4?
10. What is Felipe afraid of when he locks himself in his room in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)