|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felipe use to block the door when he goes in his room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) An ottoman.
(c) A table.
(d) An armchair.
2. What does Felipe use to look at the plants Aura is growing in Chapter 4?
(a) The light from the outside streetlight.
(b) An oil lamp.
(c) A match.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What does Felipe find at his dinner setting in Chapter 4?
(a) A small crucifix.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A lock of silver hair tied with black ribbon.
(d) A letter from Aura.
4. What time is it after Felipe eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
(a) A little after seven.
(b) Almost ten.
(d) Barely nine o’ clock.
5. How old was the General when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aura do while Felipe is sitting on her bed in Chapter 4?
2. What does Aura ask Felipe as they make love in Chapter 4?
3. What does Consuelo say Aura is growing on the patio?
4. How long does Felipe try to go back to sleep on his first morning at Consuelo’s house?
5. Who does Felipe see crawling toward him at the beginning of his dream in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that leads to Felipe’s realization that Aura and Consuelo are connected.
2. What is different about Aura when Felipe goes to her in Chapter 4? Why?
3. What does Felipe think Aura’s role is?
4. Describe Felipe’s dream in Chapter 3.
5. What is Felipe afraid of when he locks himself in his room in Chapter 4? Why?
6. How does Consuelo react when Felipe says he thought Saga was male?
7. What two conclusions does Felipe draw after the meal with Aura and Consuelo in Chapter 3?
8. What is strange about the lunch Felipe shares with Aura and Consuelo in Chapter 3?
9. What disturbs Felipe about himself while he eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
10. What does Felipe think of the General’s manuscript, according to the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)