|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Aura butchering when Felipe finds her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A goat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pig.
2. Where does Felipe say he would work better when he speaks with Consuelo after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) In electric light.
(c) In a public library.
(d) At his own apartment.
3. Where does Felipe go after eating dinner alone in Chapter 4?
(a) The patio.
(b) His room.
(c) The side garden.
(d) Aura's room.
4. What time does Felipe wake up his first morning at Consuelo’s house?
5. What time is it after Felipe eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
(b) A little after seven.
(c) Almost ten.
(d) Barely nine o’ clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance do Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
2. What color is the ink in the General’s manuscripts, according to Chapter 3?
3. Who does Felipe see crawling toward him at the beginning of his dream in Chapter 4?
4. What time of the day is it when Aura leaves Felipe’s room in Chapter 3?
5. What is different about Felipe’s washing routine when he wakes from his dream in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felipe realize about the herbs that Aura is growing on the dark patio in Chapter 4?
2. What does Felipe think of the General’s manuscript, according to the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What disturbs Felipe about himself while he eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
4. What is unusual about Aura and Consuelo’s departure from Aura’s room at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Felipe think Aura’s role is?
6. What does Felipe see when he finds the source of the strange yowling in Chapter 3?
7. What does Felipe see Consuelo doing when he peeks in at her after leaving her room in Chapter 3?
8. What is Aura doing while she helps Consuelo back to her room in Chapter 3?
9. Describe the dream Felipe has in Chapter 4.
10. What is different about Aura when Felipe goes to her in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)