|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Felipe determine the strange noise he hears in Chapter 3 is coming from?
(a) On the patio.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) He is unable to determine where it is coming from.
2. What does Aura tell Felipe they are going to do when he goes to her in Chapter 4?
(b) Be as man and wife.
(d) Join together.
3. What does Felipe use to block the door when he goes in his room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) An armchair.
(b) An ottoman.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A table.
4. Who does Felipe see crawling toward him at the beginning of his dream in Chapter 4?
(c) The servant.
5. What does Aura do with the object she rubs on her thighs in Chapter 4?
(a) Gives half of it to Felipe.
(b) Swallows it.
(c) Wraps it around her shoulders.
(d) Tears it into small pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Aura’s movements at lunch in Chapter 3?
2. What does Aura rub on her thighs in Chapter 4?
3. What time is it after Felipe eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
4. What does Aura use to tell Felipe that breakfast is ready in Chapter 3?
5. What time does Felipe wake up his first morning at Consuelo’s house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felipe realize about the herbs that Aura is growing on the dark patio in Chapter 4?
2. What is different about Aura when Felipe goes to her in Chapter 4? Why?
3. What does Felipe see when he finds the source of the strange yowling in Chapter 3?
4. Describe the dream Felipe has in Chapter 4.
5. What disturbs Felipe about himself while he eats dinner alone in Chapter 4?
6. How does Consuelo react when Felipe says he thought Saga was male?
7. What is the significance of the wafer Aura gives Felipe in Chapter 4?
8. What five things does Felipe do to get ready for dinner in Chapter 4?
9. What is significant about Aura washing Felipe’s feet in Chapter 4?
10. What is significant about the waltz Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)