|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Aura’s eyes?
2. Who is the author of Aura?
(a) Pablo Neruda.
(b) Aldous Huxley.
(c) Wendy Hoagland.
(d) Carlos Fuentes.
3. Where does Felipe search for light when he goes into the house to apply for the job?
(a) On the nearby table.
(b) On the wall.
(c) In the dark air ahead of him.
(d) His coat pocket.
4. What does Felipe have to use in order to follow Aura to his room in Chapter 2?
(a) His hands.
(b) Her shadow.
(c) His ears.
(d) His eyes.
5. How many places are set at the table when Felipe has supper in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color ribbon ties the first bundle of manuscripts the old woman gives Felipe in Chapter 2?
2. How does Felipe have to learn to get around the house, according to Chapter 2?
3. What color is the rug in Felipe’s room?
4. What is the rabbit’s name?
5. What does Felipe see at the bottom of the stairs that causes him to pause in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the evening light in Felipe’s room compare to the light in the rest of the house?
2. What is the advertisement Felipe sees in Chapter 1?
3. What does Felipe see when he goes into the old woman’s room in Chapter 1?
4. What reason does the old woman give for the darkness in her home in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Felipe surprised the address in the advertisement is on Donceles Street?
6. What is Felipe anxious to do again as he follows the sound of Aura taking him to his room in Chapter 2?
7. What does Felipe wonder as he leaves the café in Chapter 1?
8. What two things is Felipe thinking about as Aura shows him to his room in Chapter 2?
9. What is Felipe’s bedroom and bathroom like?
10. Explain the two empty place settings at supper in Chapter 2.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)