|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job the old woman offers Felipe?
(a) Finishing her memoirs.
(b) Writing a history of her family.
(c) Finishing her deceased husband’s memoirs.
(d) Cataloging her family photos.
2. What is the only thing missing from the advertisement, according to the narrator?
(a) Nothing is missing.
(b) The specifics of the job.
(c) Felipe’s name.
(d) The address.
3. What military rank did the old woman’s husband hold?
4. Why is Felipe unable to leave his door open to let the lamplight guide him back downstairs in Chapter 2?
(a) The springs close it behind him.
(b) The darkness of the hall overwhelms the dim lamplight.
(c) Aura will not let him.
(d) He has no lamplight in his room.
5. What color is the ribbon attached to the chest key the old woman gives Felipe in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is the mirror in Felipe’s bathroom?
2. What material is Aura’s skirt made of in Chapter 2?
3. What is painted on the tub in Felipe’s bathroom?
4. What is the number of the house Felipe is looking for to apply for the job?
5. How many places are set at the table when Felipe has supper in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the two empty place settings at supper in Chapter 2.
2. What instructions does the old woman give Felipe when he goes into the house in Chapter 1?
3. What two things is Felipe thinking about as Aura shows him to his room in Chapter 2?
4. What reason does the old woman give for the darkness in her home in Chapter 2?
5. What is Felipe’s bedroom and bathroom like?
6. How does the evening light in Felipe’s room compare to the light in the rest of the house?
7. Why is Felipe surprised the address in the advertisement is on Donceles Street?
8. What does Felipe do before he goes into 815 Donceles Street?
9. What is Felipe served for supper in Chapter 2?
10. What does Felipe see when he goes into the old woman’s room in Chapter 1?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)