|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the monthly salary offered in the advertisement?
(a) One thousand pesos.
(b) Two thousand pesos.
(c) Four thousand pesos.
(d) Six thousand pesos.
2. What does Felipe find himself repeating as he looks in the mirror in his bathroom in Chapter 2?
(d) “Four thousand pesos.”
3. Where is Felipe at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At the library.
(c) At a café.
(d) In his office.
4. What does the old woman do when Aura nods to Felipe?
(a) Gestures to Aura.
(b) Shakes her head.
(d) Leans forward slightly.
5. What causes the old woman to collapse while she is kneeling in Chapter 2?
(a) The fright of Felipe sneaking up behind her.
(b) The overwhelming aroma of incense.
(c) A coughing fit.
(d) Smoke from her candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felipe put in Aura’s hand after they leave the dining table in Chapter 2?
2. What is Felipe instructed to do after he steps forward when he first goes into the house in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the author of Aura?
4. What is the only thing missing from the advertisement, according to the narrator?
5. What does Felipe accidentally turn on when groping through the hall in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Felipe run through dates in his head as he waits for the bus in Chapter 1?
2. Explain the two empty place settings at supper in Chapter 2.
3. What three things does Felipe do before going down to supper in Chapter 2?
4. What does Felipe wonder as he leaves the café in Chapter 1?
5. How does the evening light in Felipe’s room compare to the light in the rest of the house?
6. What condition does the old woman place on Felipe’s position in Chapter 1?
7. What mystery about the cats is raised at the end of Chapter 2?
8. What does Felipe do in the mirror in his bathroom?
9. Describe the door knocker at 815 Donceles Street.
10. What does Felipe think the advertisement in Chapter 1 should say?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)