|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aura use to tell Felipe that breakfast is ready in Chapter 3?
(a) A cup of coffee outside his door.
(b) A bell.
(c) A knock at his door.
(d) A gong.
2. What is the first image Felipe sees in his dream in Chapter 3?
(a) A cat.
(b) Aura's eyes.
(c) A platter of liver.
(d) A fleshless hand.
3. What dance do Felipe and Aura dance together in Chapter 4?
(a) A waltz.
(b) A foxtrot.
(c) A pas de deux.
(d) A quick-step.
4. What animal does Felipe determine is making the strange noise he hears in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Felipe see crawling toward him at the beginning of his dream in Chapter 4?
(b) The servant.
6. What does Aura do with the object she rubs on her thighs in Chapter 4?
(a) Gives half of it to Felipe.
(b) Tears it into small pieces.
(c) Swallows it.
(d) Wraps it around her shoulders.
7. How old does Aura look when he goes to her in Chapter 4?
8. Where does Felipe find Aura at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Her room.
(c) The dining room.
(d) Consuelo’s room.
9. What is Consuelo doing when he goes to her room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Praying at her wall of religious icons.
(d) Pantomiming something with her hands.
10. Where does Felipe decide Aura will go if she wants his help, according to Chapter 3?
(a) His apartment.
(b) Her room.
(c) The patio.
(d) His room.
11. How does Felipe hold the item he finds at his dinner setting in Chapter 4?
(a) In his right hand.
(b) In his left hand.
(c) He doesn’t; he is afraid to touch it.
(d) In both hands.
12. Why does Felipe want the job of finishing the General’s memoirs to last as long as possible?
(a) To solve the mystery of the cats.
(b) To spend more time with Aura.
(c) To get more money.
(d) To spend more time with Consuelo.
13. Where do Aura and Consuelo go when they leave Aura’s room in Chapter 4?
(a) The patio.
(b) Felipe’s room.
(c) Consuelo’s room.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What time does Felipe wake up his first morning at Consuelo’s house?
15. What does Consuelo say about solitude in Chapter 3?
(a) It is the only true peace.
(b) It makes temptation even greater.
(c) It shows the true self.
(d) It is never what it seems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do “they” want us to be alone, according to Chapter 3?
2. What animal is Aura butchering when Felipe finds her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is different about Felipe’s washing routine when he wakes from his dream in Chapter 4?
4. In what city did the General grow up?
5. What movement do Consuelo and Aura do in unison after Aura and Felipe make love in Chapter 4?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)