|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felipe keep under his left arm while he is riding after leaving the café in Chapter 1?
(a) His billfold.
(b) The advertisement.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) The newspaper.
2. What causes the old woman to collapse while she is kneeling in Chapter 2?
(a) The overwhelming aroma of incense.
(b) Smoke from her candles.
(c) The fright of Felipe sneaking up behind her.
(d) A coughing fit.
3. What is the job the old woman offers Felipe?
(a) Finishing her memoirs.
(b) Cataloging her family photos.
(c) Writing a history of her family.
(d) Finishing her deceased husband’s memoirs.
4. What is the rabbit’s name?
5. What is on the old woman’s cheeks when Felipe helps her back into bed in Chapter 2?
(c) An oily liquid.
6. What is Felipe instructed to do after he steps forward when he first goes into the house in Chapter 1?
(a) Light the lantern.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Go up the staircase.
(d) Open the door to the hall.
7. What does Felipe put in Aura’s hand after they leave the dining table in Chapter 2?
(a) A key.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A napkin.
(d) A cigarette.
8. What is the old woman’s name?
9. Where does Felipe want to do his work?
(a) In her husband’s study.
(b) At the library.
(c) At her home.
(d) At his apartment.
10. Why is Felipe unable to leave his door open to let the lamplight guide him back downstairs in Chapter 2?
(a) The darkness of the hall overwhelms the dim lamplight.
(b) The springs close it behind him.
(c) Aura will not let him.
(d) He has no lamplight in his room.
11. Who is the author of Aura?
(a) Carlos Fuentes.
(b) Wendy Hoagland.
(c) Aldous Huxley.
(d) Pablo Neruda.
12. How does Felipe have to learn to get around the house, according to Chapter 2?
(a) By smell.
(b) By touch.
(c) By sound.
(d) As quietly as possible.
13. How is the old woman’s room lit in Chapter 1?
(a) Votive candles.
(b) A bare bulb hanging from the high ceiling.
(c) Sunlight coming in from a single window.
(d) A single kerosene lamp.
14. What color is the rug in Felipe’s room?
(a) There is no rug in Felipe’s room.
15. What does the woman tell Aura about Felipe at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He is to be treated as a guest.
(b) He is the one they have been waiting for.
(c) He is going to live with them.
(d) He is their hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street Felipe is on to apply for the job?
2. What does Felipe use to see his way to the old woman’s room after supper in Chapter 2?
3. What is on the first serving platter Aura uncovers at Felipe’s first supper at the house?
4. What is Aura’s relationship to the old woman, according to Chapter 1?
5. What color are Aura’s eyes?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)