|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Felipe to his room in Chapter 2?
(b) A servant.
(c) The old woman.
(d) No one; he finds his own way.
2. What kind of staircase does Felipe see at the end of the hall when he goes downstairs in Chapter 2?
3. Who or what is beside Felipe at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A dais.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) A man.
(d) A girl.
4. What is the old woman’s name?
5. What shape is the mirror in Felipe’s bathroom?
6. What is the job the old woman offers Felipe?
(a) Cataloging her family photos.
(b) Writing a history of her family.
(c) Finishing her deceased husband’s memoirs.
(d) Finishing her memoirs.
7. What name does the old woman call at the end of Chapter 1?
8. What does Aura say there are a lot of in this part of the city in Chapter 2?
9. What animal is the knocker on the door when Felipe goes to apply for the job?
(a) A frog.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rabbit.
10. What does the woman tell Aura about Felipe at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He is going to live with them.
(b) He is their hope.
(c) He is to be treated as a guest.
(d) He is the one they have been waiting for.
11. What color is Aura wearing in Chapter 2?
12. What color is the ribbon attached to the chest key the old woman gives Felipe in Chapter 2?
13. What material is the knocker on the door when Felipe goes to apply for the job?
14. What is on the wall where the old woman is kneeling after supper in Chapter 2?
(a) A photo of the General.
(b) Religious objects.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) An enormous wooden crucifix.
15. What is Aura’s relationship to the old woman, according to Chapter 1?
(a) She is the woman’s daughter.
(b) She is the woman’s niece.
(c) She is the woman’s servant.
(d) She is the woman’s granddaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felipe see against the chest in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the street Felipe is on to apply for the job?
3. What does Felipe use to see his way to the old woman’s room after supper in Chapter 2?
4. What does Felipe accidentally turn on when groping through the hall in Chapter 2?
5. How many cigarettes does Felipe smoke in his room before supper in Chapter 2?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)