|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felipe find at his dinner setting in Chapter 4?
(a) A letter from Aura.
(b) A lock of silver hair tied with black ribbon.
(c) A small crucifix.
(d) A rag doll.
2. How long does Aura say she is able to “keep her,” according to Chapter 5?
(a) As long as it takes to fall in love.
(b) Around five days.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) No more than three days.
3. What material is the knocker on the door when Felipe goes to apply for the job?
4. How long does Felipe want to spend doing his own work, according to Chapter 3?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) The rest of his life.
5. What does Felipe touch when he reaches out for the old woman’s hand?
(a) Something sharp and cold.
(b) The bedclothes.
(c) The bedpost.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Aura’s movements at lunch in Chapter 3?
2. What animal does Felipe determine is making the strange noise he hears in Chapter 3?
3. What color are Aura’s eyes?
4. What was Consuelo embracing when the General finds her hysterical and calls the doctor?
5. What is Aura’s relationship to the old woman, according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)