|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covers the old woman’s bed?
(c) Letters and photographs.
(d) Bits of seeds.
2. What does Felipe keep under his left arm while he is riding after leaving the café in Chapter 1?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) The advertisement.
(c) His billfold.
(d) The newspaper.
3. What does Felipe see against the chest in Chapter 2?
(b) A wedding gown.
(c) A porcelain doll.
(d) A rat’s nest.
4. What does Felipe touch when he reaches out for the old woman’s hand?
(a) Something sharp and cold.
(b) The bedclothes.
(c) The bedpost.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What causes the old woman to collapse while she is kneeling in Chapter 2?
(a) Smoke from her candles.
(b) The overwhelming aroma of incense.
(c) The fright of Felipe sneaking up behind her.
(d) A coughing fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of staircase does Felipe see at the end of the hall when he goes downstairs in Chapter 2?
2. How many cigarettes does Felipe smoke in his room before supper in Chapter 2?
3. Where does the old woman tell Felipe to light the candelabra at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does the old woman tell Felipe she is grateful for at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the street Felipe is on to apply for the job?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)