|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Felipe search for light when he goes into the house to apply for the job?
(a) On the nearby table.
(b) His coat pocket.
(c) In the dark air ahead of him.
(d) On the wall.
2. What causes the old woman to collapse while she is kneeling in Chapter 2?
(a) The fright of Felipe sneaking up behind her.
(b) A coughing fit.
(c) The overwhelming aroma of incense.
(d) Smoke from her candles.
3. What does Felipe find himself repeating as he looks in the mirror in his bathroom in Chapter 2?
(c) “Four thousand pesos.”
4. Who or what is beside Felipe at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) A girl.
(c) A dais.
(d) A man.
5. What language does the advertisement request the applicant speaks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felipe tell Aura about himself at the end of Chapter 1?
2. How is the old woman’s room lit in Chapter 1?
3. Why is Felipe unable to leave his door open to let the lamplight guide him back downstairs in Chapter 2?
4. What color is Aura wearing in Chapter 2?
5. What name does the old woman call at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)