|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the old woman want Felipe to do his work?
(a) At the library.
(b) In her husband’s study.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) At her home.
2. What is Felipe’s monthly salary as a part-time teacher, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Room and board.
(b) Nine hundred pesos.
(c) Seven hundred pesos.
(d) Five hundred pesos.
3. How is the old woman’s room lit in Chapter 1?
(a) A single kerosene lamp.
(b) A bare bulb hanging from the high ceiling.
(c) Sunlight coming in from a single window.
(d) Votive candles.
4. How many steps forward does the voice tell Felipe to walk when he first goes into the house in Chapter 1?
5. What military rank did the old woman’s husband hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felipe want to do his work?
2. What does Felipe tell Aura about himself at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What is Felipe instructed to do after he steps forward when he first goes into the house in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Felipe search for light when he goes into the house to apply for the job?
5. What is the only thing missing from the advertisement, according to the narrator?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)