|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sheriff Gilbeau say his father lives in a nursing home in Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) St. Paul.
2. Who is the man that Ivy is involved with romantically?
(b) Little Charles.
(c) Sheriff Gilbeau.
3. When does Ivy say she is leaving in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) In four days.
(b) In two weeks.
(d) Next week.
4. In the three-way-split conversation that occurs in Act 2, who is Mattie Fae speaking with?
(a) Charlie and Little Charles.
(b) Ivy and Barbara.
(c) Steve and Karen.
(d) Violet and Beverly.
5. In the three-way-split conversation that occurs in Act 2, who is Barbara speaking with?
(a) Karen and Steve.
(b) Sheriff Gilbeau.
(c) Charlie and Ivy.
(d) Johnna and Beverly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet offer to give Barbara as the family begins to eat dinner in Act 2?
2. What gift had Violet asked her mother for Christmas, according to her story in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How old does Steve guess that Jean is when he sits down with her during the movie in Act 2?
4. What is the final line that Barbara exclaims in the end of Act 2?
5. During what presidential administration does Jean say she was born in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What triggers the conflict between Barbara and Violet in Act 2?
2. What secret does Mattie Fae reveal to Barbara in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does irony apply to Violet's character in August: Osage County?
4. How does irony come into play in the final moments of Act 3, Scene 5?
5. What is the predominant theme in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. How is the theme of competition illustrated in Act 3?
7. What leads up to the physical conflict in the end of Act 2? How is this conflict described?
8. What is revealed of Beverly's death in Act 3, Scene 5?
9. Where in Act 3, Scene 5 does the climax of the plot occur?
10. How does Johnna respond to Barbara when they discuss Johnna's employment in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)