|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to identify the body of Beverly in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What is Charlie's last name?
3. How old is Ivy?
4. How much older than Karen is Steve?
(a) 4 years older.
(b) 12 years older.
(c) 5 years older.
(d) 10 years older.
5. What is the name of Karen's fiance?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the sheriff say Beverly's body has been in the water in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Of her son, Mattie Fae says in Act 1, Scene 1, "Little Charles isn't complicated, he's just" what?
3. What does Barbara say Sheriff Gilbeau's father did on the day of the prom when they were dating in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. When does August: Osage County begin?
5. What aspect of Beverly's personality does Violet say she first fell in love with in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the temperature of the Weston home metaphorical in August: Osage County?
2. What is the significance of the discussion of Johnna's name in the Prologue?
3. What theme is predominant in Act 1, Scene 4? How is this theme developed in the scene?
4. What information is revealed to the reader/audience in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does the revelation of Beverly's death tie into the themes of the play?
6. When and where does Act 2 begin?
7. What is ironic about Karen's descriptions of Steve in the beginning of Act 2?
8. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue to August: Osage County?
9. What is significant about the reference to the safety deposit box in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What foreshadowing can be seen in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)