|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Karen say she is going on her honeymoon in Act 2?
2. What is the name of Barbara and Bill's daughter?
(d) Mattie Fae.
3. What poet is Violet quoting with the line "Summer psalm become summer wrath" in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Percy Shelley.
4. Who is Ivy's former boyfriend that Violet calls a loser in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What aspect of Beverly's personality does Violet say she first fell in love with in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His mystery.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His gregariousness.
(d) His virtue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book that Johnna is reading in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the student that Bill has been having an affair with?
3. What time does Sheriff Gilbeau tell Violet it is when she asks in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What room is located at RIGHT on the first floor of the Weston home?
5. Of her son, Mattie Fae says in Act 1, Scene 1, "Little Charles isn't complicated, he's just" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the revelation of Beverly's death tie into the themes of the play?
2. What theme is predominant in Act 1, Scene 4? How is this theme developed in the scene?
3. What important exposition is established in the Prologue to August: Osage County?
4. What literary allusions does Beverly Weston make in the play's Prologue?
5. What is the first climax that occurs in Act 1, Scene 4?
6. What theme is introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 of August: Osage County?
7. How would you describe Violet's attitude toward Johnna in Act 1?
8. What is significant about the conversation between Ivy and Violet in the beginning of Act 2?
9. When and where does Act 2 begin?
10. How would you describe the conflicts between Barbara and Violet in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)