|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie watching on television in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A hockey game.
(c) A basketball game.
(d) A football game.
2. What day of the week was it when Beverly disappeared?
3. By what name does Beverly refer to Johnna's father in the Prologue?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mr. Youngbird.
(c) Mr. Lightfoot.
(d) Mr. Littlebear.
4. Where has Karen arranged for her wedding to take place in Act 2?
(c) New York.
5. To whom did Beverly dedicate the book he wrote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Barbara and Bill's daughter?
2. What is Ivy wearing in the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who is the ex-boyfriend that Karen "loved so intensely," according to her narrative in Act 2?
4. How old is Beverly Weston described as in the stage directions?
5. What business is Charlie in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why are Karen and Violet juxtaposed against one another in the beginning of Act 2?
2. What is significant about the references to Barbara's career in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What theme is introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 of August: Osage County?
4. What is significant about the conversation between Ivy and Violet in the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is significant about the revelations regarding Sheriff Gilbeau in Act 1, Scene 4?
6. How is the temperature of the Weston home metaphorical in August: Osage County?
7. What foreshadowing is revealed in the Prologue to August: Osage County?
8. How does the revelation of Beverly's death tie into the themes of the play?
9. What is significant about Violet's comments about aging women in Act 2?
10. What is ironic about Karen's descriptions of Steve in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)