|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barbara describe her daughter when talking to Sheriff Gilbeau in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "She's an angsty teenager."
(b) "She's a life-saver."
(c) "She's a doll."
(d) "She's a nymphomaniac."
2. During what presidential administration does Jean say she was born in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The George W. Bush administration.
(b) The George H. W. Bush administration.
(c) The Carter administration.
(d) The Clinton administration.
3. What does Karen take Steve in the backyard to show him in Act 2?
(a) A fort.
(b) A swing set.
(c) A trampoline.
(d) A rose bush.
4. When did August: Osage County premiere in New York?
(a) September 12, 2007.
(b) December 30, 2008.
(c) March 12, 2008.
(d) December 4, 2007.
5. For how many years does Charlie say he's been married to Mattie Fae in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What song lyrics are sung to Violet in the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) "This is the way the world ends."
(b) "Round and round and round we go."
(c) "Tomorrow never comes."
(d) "I'll be all right."
7. What does Barbara do at the end of her conversation with Violet in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She calls Bill.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She calls Jean.
8. What does Violet describe her mother giving to her for Christmas in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) Men's work boots.
(c) New cowgirl boots.
(d) A stocking of coal.
9. Where does Barbara say her husband and daughter have gone in Act 3, Scene 4?
(d) New York.
10. Where are Barbara and Ivy in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the guest bedroom.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the study.
11. Where is Johnna at the top of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
12. What does Steve do to Jean as he exits behind Karen in Act 2?
(a) He "pinches Jean on the rear-end."
(b) He "slips a pack of cigarettes into Jean's shirt pocket."
(c) He "rubs his hand over the entirety of Jean's face."
(d) He "squeezes Jean's hand."
13. What does Barbara hurl to the ground and smash in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) A vase.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A bowl.
14. What word does Barbara use in Act 3, Scene 4 to mean not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings?
15. Who brings in Mattie Fae's casserole in Act 2?
(b) Little Charles.
(d) Sheriff Gilbeau.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the three-way-split conversation that occurs in Act 2, who is Barbara speaking with?
2. When did August: Osage County premiere in Chicago?
3. Who berates Jean for watching a movie on television in Act 2?
4. What do Barbara and Violet physically fight over at the dinner table in Act 2?
5. What does Johnna use as a weapon against Steve in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)