|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Violet repeat at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) "And then you're here."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "And then you're gone."
(d) "Please come back."
2. What does Steve claim he was doing when he was Jean's age in Act 2?
(a) Going to college.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Cattle processing.
(d) Having a baby.
3. What does Barbara say divorce is in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "An embarrassing public admission of defeat."
(b) "A separation of family, love, and togetherness."
(c) "An inevitable part of marriage."
(d) "A struggle of opposing wills."
4. What does Mattie Fae reveal about Little Charles to Barbara in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He was adopted.
(c) He is Beverly's son.
(d) He has cancer.
5. Who berates Jean for watching a movie on television in Act 2?
(a) Little Charles.
6. What does Little Charles say to his father as they arrive in Act 2?
(a) "How was the funeral?"
(b) "Where's mom?"
(c) "I told you to call me."
(d) "I'm sorry, Dad."
7. By what name does Mattie Fae call Little Charles when she enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) James Dean.
8. Where does Barbara say her husband and daughter have gone in Act 3, Scene 4?
(d) New York.
9. For how many years does Charlie say he's been married to Mattie Fae in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. Violet tells Barbara in Act 3, Scene 5, "You had better understand this, you smug little ingrate, there is at least one reason Beverly killed himself and that is" what?
11. Why did Ivy have a hysterectomy?
(a) She wanted a sex change.
(c) Cervical cancer.
(d) Ovarian cancer.
12. Who is the doctor that has treated Violet in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Dr. Burke.
(b) Dr. Aiken.
(c) Dr. King.
(d) Dr. Smith.
13. When did August: Osage County premiere in New York?
(a) March 12, 2008.
(b) December 4, 2007.
(c) September 12, 2007.
(d) December 30, 2008.
14. What does Steve say to Jean as he exits with Karen in Act 2?
(a) "Meet me in the garage."
(b) "Hook you up, later."
(c) "I'm telling your mother."
(d) "I'll see you tonight."
15. How does Barbara describe her daughter when talking to Sheriff Gilbeau in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) "She's an angsty teenager."
(b) "She's a life-saver."
(c) "She's a doll."
(d) "She's a nymphomaniac."
Short Answer Questions
1. What song lyrics are sung to Violet in the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
2. Where does Sheriff Gilbeau say his father lives in a nursing home in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does Barbara do at the end of her conversation with Violet in Act 3, Scene 5?
4. From what type of store does Mattie Fae say Little Charles was fired in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who sorts through paperwork in the study of the Weston home in the opening of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)