|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violet says that Beverly was a "world-class alcoholic" for more than how many years in Act 2?
2. During what presidential administration does Jean say she was born in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Carter administration.
(b) The George W. Bush administration.
(c) The Clinton administration.
(d) The George H. W. Bush administration.
3. Where does Violet describe Beverly giving a talk at an alumni dinner while drunk in Act 2?
4. Who comforts Violet at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
5. What does Violet describe her mother giving to her for Christmas in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A stocking of coal.
(b) New cowgirl boots.
(c) A vacuum cleaner.
(d) Men's work boots.
6. What does Barbara accuse Violet of being at the dinner table in Act 2?
(a) A bad wife.
(b) A drug addict.
(c) A murderer.
(d) An alcoholic.
7. Where does Karen say she'll be in January as she leaves in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) New York.
8. What word does Barbara use in Act 3, Scene 4 to mean not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings?
9. What does Little Charles say to his father as they arrive in Act 2?
(a) "How was the funeral?"
(b) "I told you to call me."
(c) "Where's mom?"
(d) "I'm sorry, Dad."
10. Where is Johnna at the top of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In her bedroom.
11. Violet claims in Act 2 that she was attacked by one of her "mother's many gentlemen friends" with what weapon?
(a) A claw hammer.
(b) A rolling pin.
(c) A leather belt.
(d) A chainsaw.
12. What does Ivy hurl to the ground and smash in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) A vase.
(d) Her plate of food.
13. What disease does Sheriff Gilbeau say his father suffers from in Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) Lung cancer.
14. Who stars in the 1925 film that Jean watches on television in Act 2?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Buster Keaton.
(c) Lon Chaney.
(d) James Dean.
15. After whom was Jean named, according to Barbara in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Jean Harlowe.
(b) Jean Seberg.
(c) Jean Wilson.
(d) Jean Jenet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sorts through paperwork in the study of the Weston home in the opening of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How many times does Steve say he has been married before in Act 2?
3. What phrase does Violet repeat at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
4. How old does Barbara claim Jean is in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where does Sheriff Gilbeau say his father lives in a nursing home in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)