|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the three-way-split conversation that occurs in Act 2, who is Violet speaking with?
2. Where does Sheriff Gilbeau say his father lives in a nursing home in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) St. Paul.
3. Who is the doctor that has treated Violet in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. King.
(c) Dr. Aiken.
(d) Dr. Burke.
4. How old was Violet when she had a crush on Raymond?
5. For whom does Johnna say she works at the Weston home in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) For Violet.
(b) For Beverly.
(c) For herself.
(d) For Jean.
6. Who says grace before the funeral dinner in Act 2?
7. What does Johnna use as a weapon against Steve in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A broom.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A copper skillet.
(d) A hunting rifle.
8. How old does Steve guess that Jean is when he sits down with her during the movie in Act 2?
9. What are Steve and Jean doing in the kitchen at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Drinking beer.
(c) Drinking wine.
(d) Smoking a joint.
10. What disease does Sheriff Gilbeau say his father suffers from in Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) Lung cancer.
11. How old does Barbara claim Jean is in Act 3, Scene 2?
12. What does Barbara say divorce is in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "A separation of family, love, and togetherness."
(b) "An inevitable part of marriage."
(c) "A struggle of opposing wills."
(d) "An embarrassing public admission of defeat."
13. What does Barbara do at the end of her conversation with Violet in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She calls Jean.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She calls Bill.
14. Whose cell phone rings during grace at the dinner table in Act 2?
(c) Little Charles's.
15. What does Barbara accuse Violet of being at the dinner table in Act 2?
(a) A drug addict.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A bad wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did August: Osage County premiere in New York?
2. What do Barbara and Violet physically fight over at the dinner table in Act 2?
3. For how many years does Charlie say he's been married to Mattie Fae in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Where does Steve live?
5. Who berates Jean for watching a movie on television in Act 2?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)