|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Karen's wedding set for?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) September 3.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. Whose green bean casserole does Barbara call inedible in Act 2?
(d) Fannie Mae's.
3. How long does Mattie Fae say it's been since they've visited Violet's home in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. Where does the sheriff say Beverly's body was found in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) In the bay.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In a lake.
(d) In a river.
5. What is Johnna's last name?
6. To where does Karen describe her imaginary husband giving her vacation tickets in Act 2?
(c) New York.
7. Where do Mattie Fae and Charlie live?
(d) Little Rock.
8. Who consoles Barbara when she collapses in tears after hearing of her father's death in Act 1, Scene 4?
9. For how long does Barbara say she's shared a bed with Bill in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 23 years.
10. Whom does Beverly quote with the line "Life is very long..." in the Prologue?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) T. S. Elliot.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Giacomo Leopardi
11. By what name does Beverly refer to Johnna's father in the Prologue?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mr. Youngbird.
(c) Mr. Littlebear.
(d) Mr. Lightfoot.
12. How is the lighting described in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "Sunlight shines through the blinds."
(b) "A spotlight shines at the up-left area of the stage."
(c) "Blackness; then, a single flashlight appears upstage left."
(d) "Red and blue police flashers bounce light across the front porch."
13. How old is Violet Weston described in the stage directions?
14. When was the photograph taken of Beverly and Violet in New York City that Mattie Fae looks at in Act 2?
15. What is the name of Barbara and Bill's daughter?
(d) Mattie Fae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mattie Fae say is moving to New York in Act 2?
2. For how long does the sheriff say Beverly's body has been in the water in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who does Violet say was the only woman "pretty enough to go without makeup" in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Mattie Fae drinking in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What business is Charlie in?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)