|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Steve go to get wine in Act 2?
(a) Mattie Fae and Charlie.
(b) Ivy and Little Charles.
(c) Bill and Jean.
(d) Karen and Ivy.
2. To where does Karen describe her imaginary husband giving her vacation tickets in Act 2?
(a) New York.
3. Where is August: Osage County set?
(a) Pawhuska, Oklahoma.
(b) Chattanooga, Tennessee.
(c) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(d) Tuscon, Arizona.
4. What musician's album does Charlie discover by the stereo in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Adele's album.
(b) Eric Clapton's album.
(c) David Bowie's album.
(d) John Lennon's album.
5. In the Prologue, Beverly tells Johnna, "I know how to launder my dirty undies... done it all my life, me or my wife, but I'm finding it's getting in the way of my" what?
(c) "Television time."
6. What word from Act 2 refers to a future event that is possible but cannot be predicted?
7. At what time does Act 2 begin?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
8. What aspect of Beverly's personality does Violet say she first fell in love with in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His mystery.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His gregariousness.
(d) His virtue.
9. What is Charlie's last name?
10. What does Barbara say Sheriff Gilbeau's father did on the day of the prom when they were dating in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) He robbed a bank in Tulsa.
(c) He stole his son's car.
(d) He killed his wife.
11. What is Ivy wearing in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A black suit.
(b) A blue dress.
(c) A black dress.
(d) A white suit.
12. For how long does the sheriff say Beverly's body has been in the water in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 7 days.
13. What did Barbara and Sheriff Gilbeau do instead of attending the prom?
(a) They went to Reno and got married.
(b) They broke into a chapel and drank beer and kissed.
(c) They went to a bar in Tulsa.
(d) They broke into a motel room and spent the night together.
14. Where does Karen say she is going on her honeymoon in Act 2?
15. What room is located UPSTAIRS CENTER of the Weston home?
(a) The study.
(b) The living room.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The guest bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Sheriff Gilbeau tell Violet it is when she asks in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. How long ago was Beverly's book published, according to Barbara in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Mattie Fae criticize her son for not knowing in Act 2?
4. Who is the author of the book that Johnna is reading in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is Violet doing when Barbara comes downstairs in the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)