|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Violet claim it is in the beginning of Act 2?
2. For how long does Barbara say she's shared a bed with Bill in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 23 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 16 years.
3. What is Bill's last name?
4. What is Violet doing when Barbara comes downstairs in the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Pouring a drink.
(c) Kissing the sheriff.
(d) Knitting a sweater.
5. What aspect of Beverly's personality does Violet say she first fell in love with in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His gregariousness.
(d) His mystery.
6. What is Beverly drinking while he interviews Johnna in the Prologue?
7. Where has Karen arranged for her wedding to take place in Act 2?
(a) New York.
8. What is Charlie's last name?
9. How long does Mattie Fae say it's been since they've visited Violet's home in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
10. What poet is Violet quoting with the line "Summer psalm become summer wrath" in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Percy Shelley.
11. What is the name of the student that Bill has been having an affair with?
12. Of her son, Mattie Fae says in Act 1, Scene 1, "Little Charles isn't complicated, he's just" what?
13. How far away does Bill say his and Barbara's daughter is when they are arguing in the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) 20 feet away.
(b) 10 feet away.
(c) 50 feet away.
(d) 30 feet away.
14. To where does Karen describe her imaginary husband giving her vacation tickets in Act 2?
(d) New York.
15. From what Native American tribe did Johnna descend?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does August: Osage County begin?
2. What room is located UPSTAIRS CENTER of the Weston home?
3. What does Barbara tell Jean do promise her in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who does Violet say was the only woman "pretty enough to go without makeup" in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. At what time does Act 2 begin?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)