Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
2. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
3. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
4. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
5. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
Essay Topic 1
Emily Tallis is a fascinating creature who evokes pity and anger from readers who "meet" her.
Part 1: Describe the character of Emily Tallis.
Part 2: What do Emily's children think of her as a mother and as a person?
Part 3: Why do you think Emily Tallis suffers from illnesses so much? Is it purely physical or might it be psychological?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of imagination is one that plays out throughout this story. Many characters have dreams, while others take everyday events and turn them into fantastic stories.
Part 1: Does the introduction of imagination cause this story to be believable? In other words, can the reader trust everything he/she reads?
Part 2: Does imagination seem to create positive results or negative results? Or both?
Part 3: Describe one scene in which imagination plays a central role. What is the outcome of this situation?
Essay Topic 3
The ending of Atonement is one that can be confusing to the reader, as Briony is the one telling the tale.
Part 1: What are the two endings to the story of Atonement?
Part 2: Which ending seems to be "real" in terms of the storytelling? Which one is more believable?
Part 3: What do you think happens to Cecilia and Robbie at the end of this story?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)