|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
2. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
3. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Making love to Cecilia
(b) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
(c) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
(d) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
4. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
5. How was Lola grabbed during her attack, making it more difficult for her to identify her attacker?
(a) From the front
(b) From behind a bush
(c) From the side
(d) From behind
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
2. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
3. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
4. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
5. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
2. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
3. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
4. What has been haunting Emily lately?
5. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
6. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
7. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
8. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
9. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
10. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)