|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(b) Jack Tallis
2. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
(a) The swimming pool
(b) The fountain
(c) The bungalow
(d) The house
3. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
4. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They are all rapists.
(b) They can attack anyone.
(c) They are unpredictable.
(d) They are insane.
5. Where does Cecilia believe her sister to be as she is hunting to find her?
(a) On the bridge
(b) In her bedroom
(c) In the library
(d) At the fountain
Short Answer Questions
1. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
2. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
3. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
4. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
5. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been haunting Emily lately?
2. How does Cecilia react to Robbie's apology to her about the note?
3. What does Briony decide about the letter that Robbie has written to Cecilia?
4. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
5. Why is Betty furious with Emily?
6. Why is Briony the one who is left with the adults to tell the story?
7. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
8. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
9. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
10. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)