|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
(a) He is on a trip.
(b) He is sleeping at the club.
(c) He is playing tennis.
(d) He is coming home early.
2. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
(b) Making love to Cecilia
(c) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
(d) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
3. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
4. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
(b) Sitting room
(d) Her bedroom
5. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
2. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
3. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
4. Who sounds like an officer and can read a compass, which will come in handy as they are searching for their way?
5. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
2. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
3. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
4. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
5. What does Briony decide about the letter that Robbie has written to Cecilia?
6. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
7. How does Briony escape Cecelia's questioning?
8. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
9. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
10. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)