|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
(a) United States
2. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(a) Reading graphic novels
(c) Adult emotion
3. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(b) Jack Tallis
4. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
5. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) This year
(b) 8 years of age
(c) 10 years ago
(d) 10 years of age
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
2. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
3. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
4. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
5. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
2. What does Leon have to say about England in hot weather?
3. Who approaches Cecilia as she is changing for dinner?
4. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
5. How does Cecilia react to Robbie's apology to her about the note?
6. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
7. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
8. What does Emily think about the disappearance of the twins?
9. Who enters the library and catches Robbie and Cecilia?
10. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)