|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(a) A tramp
2. Who casts themselves as the protector of Cecilia as they see Cecilia going into the library with Robbie?
3. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They are all rapists.
(b) They are insane.
(c) They are unpredictable.
(d) They can attack anyone.
4. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
(b) Danny Hardman
(d) Jack Tallis
5. Who does Lola want to tell about the letter that Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(c) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
2. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
3. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
4. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
5. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Briony the one who is left with the adults to tell the story?
2. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
3. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
4. What does Leon have to say about England in hot weather?
5. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
6. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
7. Who interrupts Briony as she is trying to write a new story?
8. Who enters the library and catches Robbie and Cecilia?
9. What does Emily think about the disappearance of the twins?
10. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)