|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman that strikes fear into the hearts of all the probationary nurses and staff?
(a) Sister Melanie Disdon
(b) Sister Margorie Stutthold
(c) Sister Marjorie Drummond
(d) Sister Mary Ann Desmond
2. Who does the answer to #151 say that she saw?
3. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(a) Adult emotion
(b) Reading graphic novels
4. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
5. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
(a) The wedding picture
(b) A shooting star
(c) The children
(d) Two moths
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
2. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
3. Cecilia tell Robbie that she has been ______ with him and with herself all day.
4. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
5. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
2. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
3. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
4. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
5. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
6. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
7. Who approaches Cecilia as she is changing for dinner?
8. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
9. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
10. Where does Cecilia run off to in order to be free of her mother?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)