|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
(b) Making love to Cecilia
(c) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
(d) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
2. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
3. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(b) Insane criminal
4. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
5. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The bridge
(b) The horse stalls
(c) The house
(d) The lake
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
2. Who gathers the produce for the cold salad in order to compromise between Betty's and Emily's ideas for dinner?
3. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
4. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
5. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
2. Where does Cecilia run off to in order to be free of her mother?
3. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
4. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
5. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
6. What does Briony decide about the letter that Robbie has written to Cecilia?
7. Who approaches Cecilia as she is changing for dinner?
8. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
9. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
10. Why is Briony the one who is left with the adults to tell the story?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)