|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose cheek does Robbie notice a scratch when they are all sitting down to dinner?
2. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
(a) The constable
3. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
(a) Drawing room
4. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
(a) Anne Marie
5. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) Six days later
(b) Six weeks later
(c) One month later
(d) One year later
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
2. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
3. Who sounds like an officer and can read a compass, which will come in handy as they are searching for their way?
4. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
5. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Betty furious with Emily?
2. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
3. What does Leon have to say about England in hot weather?
4. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
5. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
6. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
7. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
8. How does Briony escape Cecelia's questioning?
9. What has been haunting Emily lately?
10. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)