|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Lola grabbed during her attack, making it more difficult for her to identify her attacker?
(a) From the side
(b) From behind
(c) From behind a bush
(d) From the front
2. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The horse stalls
(b) The house
(c) The bridge
(d) The lake
3. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
4. Where does Cecilia believe her sister to be as she is hunting to find her?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) At the fountain
(c) In the library
(d) On the bridge
5. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
(a) The vase
(b) The handkerchief
(c) The letter from Jack to Robbie
(d) The note from Robbie
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
2. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
3. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
4. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
5. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
2. Why is Betty furious with Emily?
3. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
4. Who approaches Cecilia as she is changing for dinner?
5. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
6. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
7. Why is Briony the one who is left with the adults to tell the story?
8. Who are the three stragglers that are moving toward a bombed out house as they attempt to find a shortcut to the sea?
9. What does Leon have to say about England in hot weather?
10. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)