|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
(a) A ghost
(b) A human leg
(c) A bloody arm
(d) A rape
2. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
(c) Their parents
3. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
4. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
5. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They are all rapists.
(b) They can attack anyone.
(c) They are insane.
(d) They are unpredictable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
2. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
3. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
4. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
5. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
2. Why is Briony the one who is left with the adults to tell the story?
3. Who interrupts Briony as she is trying to write a new story?
4. How does Cecilia react to Robbie's apology to her about the note?
5. What has been haunting Emily lately?
6. What does Briony decide about the letter that Robbie has written to Cecilia?
7. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
8. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
9. Who are the three stragglers that are moving toward a bombed out house as they attempt to find a shortcut to the sea?
10. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)