|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character that startles Briony as she is trying to write another story for her brother?
2. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
3. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
4. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
(a) Cecilia, Hermione
(b) Lola, Cecilia
(c) Briony, Cecilia
(d) Briony, Leon
5. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(c) Search parties
(d) Police squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
2. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
3. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
4. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
5. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interrupts Briony as she is trying to write a new story?
2. Where does Cecilia run off to in order to be free of her mother?
3. What has been haunting Emily lately?
4. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
5. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
6. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
7. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
8. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
9. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
10. Who are the three stragglers that are moving toward a bombed out house as they attempt to find a shortcut to the sea?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)