|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) Cecilia goads Robbie
(b) They both goad each other on
(c) Neither goads the other
(d) Robbie goads Cecilia
2. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
3. What are each of the twins holding as they are crying, perhaps a symbol of their broken family?
(a) A broken vase
(b) A letter
(c) A piece of paper
(d) A single sock
4. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
5. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) One month later
(b) Six weeks later
(c) Six days later
(d) One year later
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Briony send off a manuscript, though it is not accepted for publication as it is not the right fit for this company?
2. Who is the woman that strikes fear into the hearts of all the probationary nurses and staff?
3. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
4. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
5. What are moths actually looking for, instead of the light, according to Emily's recollection of her education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
2. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
3. How does Cecilia react to Robbie's apology to her about the note?
4. Who are the three stragglers that are moving toward a bombed out house as they attempt to find a shortcut to the sea?
5. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
6. How does Briony escape Cecelia's questioning?
7. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
8. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
9. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
10. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)