|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
(a) The library incident
(b) The word he used in the letter
(c) The note
(d) The vase
2. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
3. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
(a) The constable
4. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
(a) 3 and a half
(b) 2 and a half
5. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
(a) Their parents
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Briony send off a manuscript, though it is not accepted for publication as it is not the right fit for this company?
2. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
3. What are each of the twins holding as they are crying, perhaps a symbol of their broken family?
4. Who does the answer to #151 say that she saw?
5. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Betty furious with Emily?
2. What does Emily think about the disappearance of the twins?
3. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
4. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
5. Who approaches Cecilia as she is changing for dinner?
6. What has been haunting Emily lately?
7. How does Briony escape Cecelia's questioning?
8. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
9. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
10. Where does Cecilia run off to in order to be free of her mother?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)