|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
2. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
3. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
4. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
5. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
(a) 2 days
(b) 4 hours
(c) 10 minutes
(d) 30 minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
2. Who does the answer to #151 say that she saw?
3. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
4. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
5. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Briony the one who is left with the adults to tell the story?
2. How does Cecilia react to Robbie's apology to her about the note?
3. What does Leon have to say about England in hot weather?
4. What has been haunting Emily lately?
5. How does Briony escape Cecelia's questioning?
6. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
7. What does Emily think about the disappearance of the twins?
8. Why is Betty furious with Emily?
9. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
10. Where does Cecilia run off to in order to be free of her mother?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)