|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
2. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
3. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
(c) United States
4. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Making love to Cecilia
(b) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
(c) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
(d) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
5. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
(a) 10 minutes
(b) 30 minutes
(c) 2 days
(d) 4 hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
2. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
3. To whom does Briony send off a manuscript, though it is not accepted for publication as it is not the right fit for this company?
4. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
5. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who approaches Cecilia as she is changing for dinner?
2. What is hanging high up in a tree above the three stragglers from the retreating British army?
3. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
4. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
5. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
6. What does Emily think her husband will do soon?
7. Who enters the library and catches Robbie and Cecilia?
8. What does Briony think Cecilia is telling Leon when Briony sees them walking together a distance away?
9. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
10. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)