|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Girl, lived by herself
(b) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
(c) Lady, swallowed a fly
(d) Woman, jumped into the fountain
2. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
3. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
(a) The wedding picture
(b) The children
(c) A shooting star
(d) Two moths
4. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
5. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His abdomen
(b) His arm
(c) His head
(d) His leg
Short Answer Questions
1. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
2. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
3. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
4. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
5. Who calls for Briony to help her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three stragglers that are moving toward a bombed out house as they attempt to find a shortcut to the sea?
2. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
3. Why is Betty furious with Emily?
4. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
5. What does Emily think about the disappearance of the twins?
6. Who interrupts Briony as she is trying to write a new story?
7. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
8. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
9. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
10. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)