|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
2. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(a) Committing crimes
(b) Sleeping with another woman
3. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
4. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
5. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
(a) The bungalow
(b) The swimming pool
(c) The fountain
(d) The house
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
2. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
3. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
4. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
5. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who enters the library and catches Robbie and Cecilia?
2. How does Briony reveal her true self within this section?
3. What does Emily think about the disappearance of the twins?
4. What is Cecilia doing in response to the attack?
5. What has been haunting Emily lately?
6. What is the explanation for the disembodied human leg that Briony thinks she sees?
7. What does Briony picture has happened to the twins?
8. Where does Cecilia run off to in order to be free of her mother?
9. What has happened to Lola, according to Briony?
10. Why do the probationers live in constant fear of Sister Marjorie Drummond?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)