|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
2. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
3. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
4. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
5. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
(a) A handkerchief of Cecilia's
(b) A wet patch on the ground
(c) A scream from Robbie
(d) A note
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
2. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
3. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
4. Whose invitation should Robbie have turned down because it i obvious Cecilia will ignore him the whole time?
5. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
2. Where does Briony imagine herself to be?
3. Who does Emily trust to take care of things around the house while she tries to rest?
4. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
5. What are some of the things that Robbie's tiny office contains?
6. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
7. For what does Robbie type a letter to Cecilia as an apology?
8. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
9. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
10. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)