|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
2. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 3:00 PM
(d) 5:00 PM
3. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) A small basket of soaps
(c) The bedspread
(d) The bathroom
4. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To hide from her life
(b) To take drugs
(c) To avoid a migraine
(d) To see her lover
5. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
(a) His parents
(b) Leon and Lola
(c) His friends
(d) Cecilia's parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
2. Where does Briony decide she will wait until some real event takes place?
3. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
4. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
5. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
2. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
3. What does Briony do as she constructs yet another story?
4. Where does Briony imagine herself to be?
5. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
6. What do the children do in response to Emily because her illness stops Emily from giving her children a mother's attention?
7. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
8. What is Robbie thinking of as he soaks in a bathtub?
9. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
10. What is the name of the play Briony has been trying to prepare for a few days?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)