|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
(a) A wet patch on the ground
(b) A note
(c) A scream from Robbie
(d) A handkerchief of Cecilia's
2. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Take a bath
(b) Eat a sensible lunch
(c) Do their homework
(d) Clean their rooms
3. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) The stage performing a play
(b) The jungle
(c) Greek Olympics
(d) Berlin Olympics
4. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
5. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
2. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
3. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
4. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
5. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robbie thinking of as he soaks in a bathtub?
2. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
3. What are some of the things that Robbie's tiny office contains?
4. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
5. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
6. For what does Robbie type a letter to Cecilia as an apology?
7. What does Cecilia try to do in order to recover the appearance of the vase?
8. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
9. What has fallen into disrepair, according to the narrative in this section?
10. What is wrong with the play, according to Briony?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)