|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
2. What does Emily want to turn the roast into for Leon's arrival?
(a) A soup
(b) A gravied meat dish
(c) Cold cuts
(d) A casserole
3. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
(a) The Trials of Cecilia and Robbie
(b) The Trials of Arabella
(c) The Tragedy of Leon and his Turtle
(d) The Tales of Arabela
4. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(b) Coming back
5. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
(a) A flower
(d) An excuse to miss dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
2. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
3. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
4. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
5. Who is told to carry the guest's bags upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cecilia's father disapprove of which she does in spite of this disapproval?
2. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
3. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
4. What does Robbie presume will happen in relation to the funding for his future schooling?
5. What does Cecilia try to do in order to recover the appearance of the vase?
6. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
7. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
8. Who pronounces the unthinkable word, "divorce?"
9. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
10. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)