|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
(a) A scream from Robbie
(b) A handkerchief of Cecilia's
(c) A note
(d) A wet patch on the ground
2. Who does Emily think will be hindered in her search for a husband because of her education level?
3. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
(a) The twins
(b) The costumes
(c) The play itself
4. Whose invitation should Robbie have turned down because it i obvious Cecilia will ignore him the whole time?
5. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
2. Who is no longer the horsy sister, according to Robbie and his daydreams?
3. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
4. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
5. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony realize to be one of the strengths of writing for drama?
2. What is Robbie thinking of as he soaks in a bathtub?
3. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
4. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
5. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
6. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother, Leon's, return?
7. What do the children do in response to Emily because her illness stops Emily from giving her children a mother's attention?
8. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
9. What does Robbie presume will happen in relation to the funding for his future schooling?
10. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)