|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(a) Made him a medal
(b) Written a story
(d) Written a poem
2. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
3. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(d) Coming back
4. Who is told to carry the guest's bags upstairs?
5. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
2. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
3. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
4. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
5. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
2. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
3. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
4. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
5. Why does Cecilia not go to the kitchen to fill up the vase with water?
6. What are some of the things that Robbie's tiny office contains?
7. Why is Lola embarrassed by Marshall?
8. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom each and every day?
9. What does Robbie presume will happen in relation to the funding for his future schooling?
10. What is the name of the play Briony has been trying to prepare for a few days?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)