|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
2. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
(a) The Trials of Cecilia and Robbie
(b) The Tales of Arabela
(c) The Trials of Arabella
(d) The Tragedy of Leon and his Turtle
3. Who is no longer the horsy sister, according to Robbie and his daydreams?
4. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
5. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
2. What is Cecilia's nickname?
3. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
4. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
5. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
2. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
3. What are some of the things that Robbie's tiny office contains?
4. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
5. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
6. Who pronounces the unthinkable word, "divorce?"
7. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
8. What is wrong with the play, according to Briony?
9. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
10. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom each and every day?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)