|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To avoid a migraine
(b) To take drugs
(c) To see her lover
(d) To hide from her life
2. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
3. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
4. Who is no longer the horsy sister, according to Robbie and his daydreams?
5. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
(a) Their parents are on a vacation
(b) Their parents are dead
(c) The parents are divorcing
(d) Their parents are ill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
2. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
3. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
4. What does Marshall give to the children in this room as he is talking to them?
5. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lola embarrassed by Marshall?
2. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
3. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
4. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
5. What does Briony realize to be one of the strengths of writing for drama?
6. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
7. What does Cecilia's father disapprove of which she does in spite of this disapproval?
8. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
9. Why does Cecilia not go to the kitchen to fill up the vase with water?
10. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)