|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
(a) The play itself
(b) The twins
(d) The costumes
2. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
(b) Medical school
(c) Live a carefree life
(d) Engineering classes
3. What does Robbie apologize for doing in the library the other day in the note he writes to Cecilia?
(a) Breaking the statue
(b) Taking a piece of paper
(c) Stealing a book
(d) Entering barefoot
4. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) The bedspread
(c) A small basket of soaps
(d) The bathroom
5. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(a) Written a story
(b) Made him a medal
(d) Written a poem
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
2. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
3. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
4. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
5. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
2. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
3. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
4. What has fallen into disrepair, according to the narrative in this section?
5. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
6. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
7. Where does Briony imagine herself to be?
8. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
9. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
10. What does Briony do as she constructs yet another story?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)