|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
2. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
3. What university do Cecilia and Robbie both attend?
4. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
5. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
2. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
3. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
4. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
5. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Briony escape Cecelia's questioning?
2. Who pronounces the unthinkable word, "divorce?"
3. What does Cecilia try to do in order to recover the appearance of the vase?
4. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
5. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
6. What is Lola's response to the letter that Robbie has written for Cecilia, as told to her by Briony?
7. What is wrong with the play, according to Briony?
8. What does Robbie have to say about the letter that he wrote to Cecilia?
9. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
10. Why is Lola embarrassed by Marshall?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)