|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily think will be hindered in her search for a husband because of her education level?
2. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
3. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
4. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
5. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
(a) They play hit her.
(b) They yell at her.
(c) The make fun of her.
(d) They leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
2. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
3. What has fallen into disrepair, which is a shame as it is an architectural point of interest?
4. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
5. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony do as she constructs yet another story?
2. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
3. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
4. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
5. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
6. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
7. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
8. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom each and every day?
9. What does Cecilia's father disapprove of which she does in spite of this disapproval?
10. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)