|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
(a) The Tragedy of Leon and his Turtle
(b) The Tales of Arabela
(c) The Trials of Cecilia and Robbie
(d) The Trials of Arabella
2. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Clean their rooms
(b) Do their homework
(c) Take a bath
(d) Eat a sensible lunch
3. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
4. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
5. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
2. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
3. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
4. Whose invitation should Robbie have turned down because it i obvious Cecilia will ignore him the whole time?
5. Who does Cecilia want to avoid in the kitchen, causing her to have to go to the fountain for water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony do as she constructs yet another story?
2. What is the name of the play Briony has been trying to prepare for a few days?
3. For what does Robbie type a letter to Cecilia as an apology?
4. What is Robbie thinking of as he soaks in a bathtub?
5. What are some of the things that Robbie's tiny office contains?
6. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
7. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
8. Who pronounces the unthinkable word, "divorce?"
9. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
10. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)