|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
(b) The play
(d) Their parents
2. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
3. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(b) Thrashing the nettles
(c) Writing a new story
(d) Burning her books
4. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
5. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is also attacked for wasting Briony's time, as she criticizes herself?
2. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
3. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
4. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
5. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
2. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
3. For what does Robbie type a letter to Cecilia as an apology?
4. What has fallen into disrepair, according to the narrative in this section?
5. What is the name of the play Briony has been trying to prepare for a few days?
6. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
7. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
8. Why is Lola embarrassed by Marshall?
9. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
10. What does Robbie presume will happen in relation to the funding for his future schooling?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)