|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
2. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Do their homework
(b) Clean their rooms
(c) Take a bath
(d) Eat a sensible lunch
3. Who is no longer the horsy sister, according to Robbie and his daydreams?
4. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
5. While Briony is sick of being outdoors, she is not ready to ________.
(a) Leave her fantasy land
(b) Be indoors
(c) Eat dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
2. What breaks when Robbie and Cecilia argue over who will help with filling it?
3. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
4. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
5. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
2. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
3. Why does Cecilia not go to the kitchen to fill up the vase with water?
4. What does Robbie presume will happen in relation to the funding for his future schooling?
5. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom each and every day?
6. What does Cecilia's father disapprove of which she does in spite of this disapproval?
7. What does Briony do as she constructs yet another story?
8. Where does Briony imagine herself to be?
9. Why is Lola embarrassed by Marshall?
10. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)