|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose invitation should Robbie have turned down because it i obvious Cecilia will ignore him the whole time?
2. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
3. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
4. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
5. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
(a) His friends
(b) Leon and Lola
(c) Cecilia's parents
(d) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
2. What does Emily want to turn the roast into for Leon's arrival?
3. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
4. While Briony is sick of being outdoors, she is not ready to ________.
5. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
2. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
3. Where does Briony imagine herself to be?
4. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
5. Who does Emily trust to take care of things around the house while she tries to rest?
6. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
7. What has fallen into disrepair, according to the narrative in this section?
8. What does Cecilia try to do in order to recover the appearance of the vase?
9. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
10. What does Briony realize to be one of the strengths of writing for drama?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)