|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strips to his/her underwear to retrieve the broken piece?
2. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
(b) The twins
3. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(d) She doesn't have one
4. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) Her true feelings about Robbie
(b) The repairs to the vase
(c) The threats she's made to Robbie
(d) The stain on her dress
5. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
(a) The library
(b) The kitchen
(c) An unused bedroom
(d) The sitting room
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
2. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
3. Who is no longer the horsy sister, according to Robbie and his daydreams?
4. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
5. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony realize to be one of the strengths of writing for drama?
2. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom each and every day?
3. What is the name of the play Briony has been trying to prepare for a few days?
4. What does Cecilia's father disapprove of which she does in spite of this disapproval?
5. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
6. Who does Emily trust to take care of things around the house while she tries to rest?
7. Why is Lola embarrassed by Marshall?
8. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
9. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
10. For what does Robbie type a letter to Cecilia as an apology?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)