|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does the answer to #54 talk about with Lola?
(d) Romeo and Juliet
2. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
3. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
4. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
(a) A new set of sheets
(b) A vase
(c) A small snack
(d) A basket
5. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 3:00 PM
(d) 5:00 PM
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
2. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
3. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
4. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
5. What does Briony think is wrong about the scene she just saw between Robbie and Cecilia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
2. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
3. What does Lola ask of Marshall in as grown-up a manner as she can muster?
4. What does Lola see through the window of an unused bedroom?
5. What does Cecilia try to do in order to recover the appearance of the vase?
6. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
7. What is Robbie thinking of as he soaks in a bathtub?
8. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
9. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
10. What causes Cecilia to stop fixing the vase?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)