|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
(a) The nettles
(b) The twins
(c) The women
(d) The men
2. Who is the friend of Cecilia's brother that is coming to visit?
(a) Roger Darthmouth
(b) Jack Tallis
(c) Paul Marshall
3. What does Robbie apologize for doing in the library the other day in the note he writes to Cecilia?
(a) Stealing a book
(b) Breaking the statue
(c) Entering barefoot
(d) Taking a piece of paper
4. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Marry him
(b) Give him money
(c) Leave him
(d) Give him the vase
5. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
(a) A small snack
(b) A vase
(c) A basket
(d) A new set of sheets
Short Answer Questions
1. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
2. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
3. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
4. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
5. What does Briony rip in half when she enters the room where Cecilia is sitting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother, Leon's, return?
2. Why does Cecilia not go to the kitchen to fill up the vase with water?
3. What do the children do in response to Emily because her illness stops Emily from giving her children a mother's attention?
4. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
5. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
6. Who pronounces the unthinkable word, "divorce?"
7. What does Cecilia try to do in order to recover the appearance of the vase?
8. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
9. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
10. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)