Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(a) Writing a new story
(b) Thrashing the nettles
(c) Burning her books
2. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
(b) Medical school
(c) Engineering classes
(d) Live a carefree life
3. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
(a) They leave.
(b) They yell at her.
(c) The make fun of her.
(d) They play hit her.
4. What does Marshall give to the children in this room as he is talking to them?
(a) A glass of water
(b) Amo sample
(d) A vase
5. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
2. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
3. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
4. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
5. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
2. When Cecilia puts on the pink dress, who does she think she looks like?
3. What is Robbie thinking of as he soaks in a bathtub?
4. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
5. What are some of the things that Robbie's tiny office contains?
6. How does Cecilia react to Robbie's apology to her about the note?
7. Who does Emily trust to take care of things around the house while she tries to rest?
8. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
9. Who are the three stragglers that are moving toward a bombed out house as they attempt to find a shortcut to the sea?
10. What does Leon have to say about England in hot weather?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)