|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola laugh with when she is called to her bath time with her brothers?
(a) Green candy
(b) A mouth of cola
(c) Her hands over her mouth
(d) Pink candy
2. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(a) She doesn't have one
3. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
4. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
5. What does Marshall give to the children in this room as he is talking to them?
(a) Amo sample
(b) A glass of water
(c) A vase
Short Answer Questions
1. What is also attacked for wasting Briony's time, as she criticizes herself?
2. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
3. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
4. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
5. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's response to the disappearance of the twins?
2. What does Cecilia do in order to brighten up the guestroom for Paul Marshall, a friend of her brother's?
3. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
4. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
5. Why is Briony relieved when everyone leaves her alone in the nursery?
6. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
7. Why does the taxi cab driver become upset with Briony as she begins her trip with him?
8. Who does Emily trust to take care of things around the house while she tries to rest?
9. What do the children do in response to Emily because her illness stops Emily from giving her children a mother's attention?
10. Who pronounces the unthinkable word, "divorce?"
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)