|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
2. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
3. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) Her true feelings about Robbie
(b) The threats she's made to Robbie
(c) The repairs to the vase
(d) The stain on her dress
4. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A small basket of soaps
(b) The bedspread
(c) A vase of flowers
(d) The bathroom
5. Who calls Lola and her brothers to their bath, causing the meeting with the answer to #54 to be over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What university do Cecilia and Robbie both attend?
2. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
3. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
4. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
5. What does Emily scoff at that has caused her older sister to leave her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Briony realize to be one of the strengths of writing for drama?
2. What is Briony's reaction to her big brother when he approaches her?
3. What does Briony imagine is happening when she sees Robbie and Cecilia are out at the fountain?
4. What does Briony do as she constructs yet another story?
5. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
6. What does Emily think will prevent Cecilia from finding a husband?
7. What has fallen into disrepair, according to the narrative in this section?
8. Why does Robbie think he should have turned down Leon's invitation to dinner?
9. What does Cecilia's father disapprove of which she does in spite of this disapproval?
10. What mystery does Briony begin to contemplate as she is looking at her hand?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)