|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
2. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
3. What can gentleman do during hot days in England, according to Leon?
(a) Eat outside
(b) Wear shorts
(c) Skip meals
(d) Take off their jackets
4. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Girl, lived by herself
(b) Lady, swallowed a fly
(c) Woman, jumped into the fountain
(d) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
5. Who is glaring at Robbie as the dinner meal is beginning?
6. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
7. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
(b) Danny Hardman
(c) Jack Tallis
8. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
9. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(d) Insane criminal
10. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) They both goad each other on
(b) Robbie goads Cecilia
(c) Neither goads the other
(d) Cecilia goads Robbie
11. What are each of the twins holding as they are crying, perhaps a symbol of their broken family?
(a) A single sock
(b) A piece of paper
(c) A broken vase
(d) A letter
12. Who does Lola want to tell about the letter that Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(c) The police
13. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
14. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
15. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
2. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
3. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
4. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
5. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)