|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty will get upset with the twins and with the children if they do not come down for _______ immediately.
2. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
(b) Making love to Cecilia
(c) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
(d) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
3. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
(a) 3 and a half
(b) 2 and a half
4. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
5. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) This year
(b) 8 years of age
(c) 10 years of age
(d) 10 years ago
6. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
(a) Her bedroom
(d) Sitting room
7. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
(a) 4 hours
(b) 30 minutes
(c) 2 days
(d) 10 minutes
8. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(a) Sleeping with another woman
(b) Committing crimes
9. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
10. Who is glaring at Robbie as the dinner meal is beginning?
11. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) Six weeks later
(b) Six days later
(c) One year later
(d) One month later
12. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
13. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(a) Reading graphic novels
(b) Adult emotion
14. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
15. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(c) Search parties
(d) Police squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
2. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
3. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
4. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
5. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)