|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
2. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) 8 years of age
(b) 10 years ago
(c) 10 years of age
(d) This year
3. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
4. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
5. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
(d) Character development
6. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They can attack anyone.
(b) They are unpredictable.
(c) They are insane.
(d) They are all rapists.
7. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
8. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
9. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
(c) Their parents
10. Who is glaring at Robbie as the dinner meal is beginning?
11. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
12. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
(a) The swimming pool
(b) The house
(c) The bungalow
(d) The fountain
13. Where does Cecilia believe her sister to be as she is hunting to find her?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) In the library
(c) At the fountain
(d) On the bridge
14. Who sounds like an officer and can read a compass, which will come in handy as they are searching for their way?
(c) Robbie Turner
15. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(b) Search parties
(c) Police squad
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
2. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
3. Who casts themselves as the protector of Cecilia as they see Cecilia going into the library with Robbie?
4. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
5. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)