|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls for Briony to help her?
2. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His abdomen
(b) His head
(c) His arm
(d) His leg
3. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(d) A tramp
4. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
(a) Character development
5. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
6. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Lady, swallowed a fly
(b) Girl, lived by herself
(c) Woman, jumped into the fountain
(d) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
7. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The house
(b) The lake
(c) The bridge
(d) The horse stalls
8. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
9. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(b) Committing crimes
(c) Sleeping with another woman
10. What can gentleman do during hot days in England, according to Leon?
(a) Eat outside
(b) Skip meals
(c) Wear shorts
(d) Take off their jackets
11. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
(c) Drawing room
12. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
(a) Anne Marie
13. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
14. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
15. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
2. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
3. What do Leon and Marshall prepare in order to renew their search for the twins that was halted when the attack was discovered?
4. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
5. Who sounds like an officer and can read a compass, which will come in handy as they are searching for their way?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)