|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
2. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
3. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) 10 years ago
(b) 8 years of age
(c) 10 years of age
(d) This year
4. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
(c) Sitting room
(d) Her bedroom
5. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
(a) Two moths
(b) The children
(c) The wedding picture
(d) A shooting star
6. Who is glaring at Robbie as the dinner meal is beginning?
7. To whom does Briony send off a manuscript, though it is not accepted for publication as it is not the right fit for this company?
(a) Waves Magazine
(c) Horizon Magazine
8. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
(b) Character development
9. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
10. On whose cheek does Robbie notice a scratch when they are all sitting down to dinner?
11. Who does Lola want to tell about the letter that Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(a) The police
12. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His leg
(b) His head
(c) His arm
(d) His abdomen
13. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
(b) Danny Hardman
(d) Jack Tallis
14. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(a) Search parties
(c) Police squad
15. Betty will get upset with the twins and with the children if they do not come down for _______ immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
2. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
3. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
4. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
5. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)