|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lola want to tell about the letter that Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(a) The police
2. Who calls for Briony to help her?
3. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
4. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
5. Who is the character that startles Briony as she is trying to write another story for her brother?
6. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(d) Jack Tallis
7. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
8. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The bridge
(b) The horse stalls
(c) The lake
(d) The house
9. Who does the answer to #151 say that she saw?
10. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(b) Committing crimes
(c) Sleeping with another woman
11. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) This year
(b) 10 years ago
(c) 10 years of age
(d) 8 years of age
12. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(d) A tramp
13. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
(a) 3 and a half
(b) 2 and a half
14. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The fountain
(b) The bungalow
(c) The garage
(d) The guest room
15. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
2. Who is the woman that strikes fear into the hearts of all the probationary nurses and staff?
3. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
4. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
5. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)