|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
2. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
3. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
4. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
5. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) Cecilia goads Robbie
(b) They both goad each other on
(c) Neither goads the other
(d) Robbie goads Cecilia
6. Betty will get upset with the twins and with the children if they do not come down for _______ immediately.
7. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
8. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
(a) Cecilia, Hermione
(b) Briony, Leon
(c) Briony, Cecilia
(d) Lola, Cecilia
9. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The house
(b) The bridge
(c) The lake
(d) The horse stalls
10. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
11. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They are all rapists.
(b) They are unpredictable.
(c) They can attack anyone.
(d) They are insane.
12. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
(a) Character development
13. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
(b) New shirts
14. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
15. Who is the woman that strikes fear into the hearts of all the probationary nurses and staff?
(a) Sister Mary Ann Desmond
(b) Sister Marjorie Drummond
(c) Sister Melanie Disdon
(d) Sister Margorie Stutthold
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
2. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
3. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
4. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
5. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)