|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His leg
(b) His arm
(c) His head
(d) His abdomen
2. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
3. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
4. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
5. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
6. What do Leon and Marshall prepare in order to renew their search for the twins that was halted when the attack was discovered?
7. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
8. Who gathers the produce for the cold salad in order to compromise between Betty's and Emily's ideas for dinner?
9. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) 8 years of age
(b) 10 years of age
(c) This year
(d) 10 years ago
10. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
(a) The note
(b) The vase
(c) The library incident
(d) The word he used in the letter
11. Cecilia tell Robbie that she has been ______ with him and with herself all day.
12. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
13. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The garage
(b) The bungalow
(c) The fountain
(d) The guest room
14. To whom does Briony send off a manuscript, though it is not accepted for publication as it is not the right fit for this company?
(b) Waves Magazine
(d) Horizon Magazine
15. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(b) Police squad
(d) Search parties
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
2. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
3. Who casts themselves as the protector of Cecilia as they see Cecilia going into the library with Robbie?
4. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
5. Betty will get upset with the twins and with the children if they do not come down for _______ immediately.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)