|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The house
(b) The bridge
(c) The horse stalls
(d) The lake
2. Who calls for Briony to help her?
3. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) One month later
(b) Six days later
(c) Six weeks later
(d) One year later
4. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
5. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
6. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
(a) A bloody arm
(b) A ghost
(c) A rape
(d) A human leg
7. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
8. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
(a) The children
(b) A shooting star
(c) The wedding picture
(d) Two moths
9. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
(a) He is playing tennis.
(b) He is sleeping at the club.
(c) He is on a trip.
(d) He is coming home early.
10. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) Neither goads the other
(b) Cecilia goads Robbie
(c) Robbie goads Cecilia
(d) They both goad each other on
11. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(b) Jack Tallis
12. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
(d) Their parents
13. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(a) Search parties
(b) Police squad
14. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
15. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
(d) Character development
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
2. How was Lola grabbed during her attack, making it more difficult for her to identify her attacker?
3. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
4. Who is glaring at Robbie as the dinner meal is beginning?
5. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)