|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
2. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
3. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
4. Who is glaring at Robbie as the dinner meal is beginning?
5. Where does Cecilia believe her sister to be as she is hunting to find her?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) At the fountain
(c) In the library
(d) On the bridge
6. Who sounds like an officer and can read a compass, which will come in handy as they are searching for their way?
(b) Robbie Turner
7. Betty will get upset with the twins and with the children if they do not come down for _______ immediately.
8. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
9. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
10. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
(a) Jack Tallis
(d) Danny Hardman
11. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They can attack anyone.
(b) They are all rapists.
(c) They are unpredictable.
(d) They are insane.
12. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His abdomen
(b) His arm
(c) His head
(d) His leg
13. Who calls for Briony to help her?
14. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
15. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(b) Reading graphic novels
(c) Adult emotion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
2. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
3. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
4. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
5. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)