|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
(a) The word he used in the letter
(b) The note
(c) The library incident
(d) The vase
2. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
3. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
(d) New shirts
4. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
(a) United States
5. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(c) Reading graphic novels
(d) Adult emotion
6. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
7. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The bridge
(b) The house
(c) The horse stalls
(d) The lake
8. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) Cecilia goads Robbie
(b) Robbie goads Cecilia
(c) Neither goads the other
(d) They both goad each other on
9. Who gathers the produce for the cold salad in order to compromise between Betty's and Emily's ideas for dinner?
10. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
(b) Sitting room
(c) Her bedroom
11. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
(a) The fountain
(b) The house
(c) The bungalow
(d) The swimming pool
12. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(d) Insane criminal
13. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
14. How was Lola grabbed during her attack, making it more difficult for her to identify her attacker?
(a) From behind
(b) From the front
(c) From behind a bush
(d) From the side
15. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
2. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
3. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
4. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
5. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)