|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
2. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
3. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
(c) Her bedroom
(d) Sitting room
4. Who casts themselves as the protector of Cecilia as they see Cecilia going into the library with Robbie?
5. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(b) Search parties
(d) Police squad
6. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
7. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
(b) Anne Marie
8. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
9. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
10. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His arm
(b) His leg
(c) His abdomen
(d) His head
11. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The guest room
(b) The garage
(c) The bungalow
(d) The fountain
12. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
(a) The letter from Jack to Robbie
(b) The note from Robbie
(c) The handkerchief
(d) The vase
13. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
(d) Drawing room
14. What are each of the twins holding as they are crying, perhaps a symbol of their broken family?
(a) A letter
(b) A broken vase
(c) A piece of paper
(d) A single sock
15. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
2. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
3. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
4. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
5. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)