|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
2. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(a) Adult emotion
(c) Reading graphic novels
3. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
(d) Drawing room
4. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
5. Who casts themselves as the protector of Cecilia as they see Cecilia going into the library with Robbie?
6. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
7. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
(a) The note
(b) The library incident
(c) The vase
(d) The word he used in the letter
8. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Woman, jumped into the fountain
(b) Girl, lived by herself
(c) Lady, swallowed a fly
(d) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
9. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
(a) The handkerchief
(b) The vase
(c) The note from Robbie
(d) The letter from Jack to Robbie
10. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
11. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
(a) Lola, Cecilia
(b) Briony, Cecilia
(c) Cecilia, Hermione
(d) Briony, Leon
12. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
(a) He is coming home early.
(b) He is sleeping at the club.
(c) He is playing tennis.
(d) He is on a trip.
13. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
(c) 2 and a half
(d) 3 and a half
14. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(a) Jack Tallis
15. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
2. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
3. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
4. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
5. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)