|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
2. What are moths actually looking for, instead of the light, according to Emily's recollection of her education?
(a) The best food source
(b) The darkest place
(c) Other moths
(d) The lights
3. What do Leon and Marshall prepare in order to renew their search for the twins that was halted when the attack was discovered?
4. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
(d) Anne Marie
5. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The fountain
(b) The guest room
(c) The garage
(d) The bungalow
6. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
(a) A bloody arm
(b) A human leg
(c) A ghost
(d) A rape
7. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
8. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
9. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(c) Jack Tallis
10. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The bridge
(b) The horse stalls
(c) The lake
(d) The house
11. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) Neither goads the other
(b) They both goad each other on
(c) Cecilia goads Robbie
(d) Robbie goads Cecilia
12. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Girl, lived by herself
(b) Lady, swallowed a fly
(c) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
(d) Woman, jumped into the fountain
13. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(a) Committing crimes
(b) Sleeping with another woman
14. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
(a) Danny Hardman
(c) Jack Tallis
15. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(a) Search parties
(b) Police squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
2. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
3. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
4. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
5. Who casts themselves as the protector of Cecilia as they see Cecilia going into the library with Robbie?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)