|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
2. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
3. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
4. How was Lola grabbed during her attack, making it more difficult for her to identify her attacker?
(a) From the front
(b) From behind a bush
(c) From the side
(d) From behind
5. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
(a) Briony, Cecilia
(b) Cecilia, Hermione
(c) Briony, Leon
(d) Lola, Cecilia
6. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
7. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
8. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
9. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(c) A tramp
10. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(d) Jack Tallis
11. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
12. Who calls for Briony to help her?
13. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
(a) The letter from Jack to Robbie
(b) The handkerchief
(c) The vase
(d) The note from Robbie
14. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
15. What do Leon and Marshall prepare in order to renew their search for the twins that was halted when the attack was discovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character that startles Briony as she is trying to write another story for her brother?
2. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
3. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
4. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
5. Who is the woman that strikes fear into the hearts of all the probationary nurses and staff?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)