|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are each of the twins holding as they are crying, perhaps a symbol of their broken family?
(a) A piece of paper
(b) A letter
(c) A single sock
(d) A broken vase
2. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
(b) United States
3. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Lady, swallowed a fly
(b) Girl, lived by herself
(c) Woman, jumped into the fountain
(d) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
4. What do Leon and Marshall prepare in order to renew their search for the twins that was halted when the attack was discovered?
5. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
6. Emily believes the twins will probably be back before the __________ could arrive.
(a) Search parties
(d) Police squad
7. On whose cheek does Robbie notice a scratch when they are all sitting down to dinner?
8. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
(d) The constable
9. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
(a) 4 hours
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 30 minutes
(d) 2 days
10. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
11. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
12. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
13. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
14. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) Six weeks later
(b) One year later
(c) Six days later
(d) One month later
15. To whom does Briony send off a manuscript, though it is not accepted for publication as it is not the right fit for this company?
(a) Horizon Magazine
(b) Waves Magazine
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
2. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
3. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
4. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
5. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)