|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
2. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
3. How was Lola grabbed during her attack, making it more difficult for her to identify her attacker?
(a) From behind
(b) From the side
(c) From behind a bush
(d) From the front
4. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
5. What are moths actually looking for, instead of the light, according to Emily's recollection of her education?
(a) Other moths
(b) The lights
(c) The best food source
(d) The darkest place
6. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(a) Insane criminal
7. On whose cheek does Robbie notice a scratch when they are all sitting down to dinner?
8. What do Leon and Marshall prepare in order to renew their search for the twins that was halted when the attack was discovered?
9. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(c) Jack Tallis
10. Where does Briony know the twins are not, as they are too frightened to go there?
(a) The bridge
(b) The lake
(c) The house
(d) The horse stalls
11. Cecilia tell Robbie that she has been ______ with him and with herself all day.
12. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
13. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
14. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(a) Reading graphic novels
(d) Adult emotion
15. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
(b) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
(c) Making love to Cecilia
(d) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
Short Answer Questions
1. What can gentleman do during hot days in England, according to Leon?
2. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
3. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
4. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
5. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)