|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(d) A tramp
2. What is being served at dinner when Robbie returns to the table?
3. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
4. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
(a) A shooting star
(b) The children
(c) The wedding picture
(d) Two moths
5. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
6. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
7. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
8. Emily believes ______ will leave, just as _______ did. This causes Emily to feel self-pity for these lost people in her life.
(a) Lola, Cecilia
(b) Briony, Cecilia
(c) Cecilia, Hermione
(d) Briony, Leon
9. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
10. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
11. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Girl, lived by herself
(b) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
(c) Lady, swallowed a fly
(d) Woman, jumped into the fountain
12. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) Neither goads the other
(b) They both goad each other on
(c) Cecilia goads Robbie
(d) Robbie goads Cecilia
13. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
14. What are moths actually looking for, instead of the light, according to Emily's recollection of her education?
(a) The lights
(b) The darkest place
(c) Other moths
(d) The best food source
15. Who summons everyone to dinner, which interrupts the conversation between Lola and Briony?
(d) Jack Tallis
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
2. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
3. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
4. Who does the answer to #151 say that she saw?
5. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)