|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
(b) Drawing room
2. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
3. Whose presence makes the household settle, which is why everyone is quiet and slows down by the closed library door?
(b) Danny Hardman
(c) Jack Tallis
4. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
5. Who is now a probationary nurse at the start of 1940 in this section of the book?
6. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) Six days later
(b) Six weeks later
(c) One month later
(d) One year later
7. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
8. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
9. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
10. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
(a) A bloody arm
(b) A rape
(c) A human leg
(d) A ghost
11. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) 10 years ago
(b) 8 years of age
(c) 10 years of age
(d) This year
12. Who gathers the produce for the cold salad in order to compromise between Betty's and Emily's ideas for dinner?
13. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
(a) The swimming pool
(b) The house
(c) The bungalow
(d) The fountain
14. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) They both goad each other on
(b) Robbie goads Cecilia
(c) Neither goads the other
(d) Cecilia goads Robbie
15. Who is the woman that strikes fear into the hearts of all the probationary nurses and staff?
(a) Sister Melanie Disdon
(b) Sister Marjorie Drummond
(c) Sister Margorie Stutthold
(d) Sister Mary Ann Desmond
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
3. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
4. Who does Lola want to tell about the letter that Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
5. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)