|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Briony think could have been attacked before Lola?
2. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
3. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
4. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(d) A tramp
5. Where is Robbie injured according to the opening of this second of the book?
(a) His leg
(b) His arm
(c) His head
(d) His abdomen
6. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
(a) He is coming home early.
(b) He is on a trip.
(c) He is playing tennis.
(d) He is sleeping at the club.
7. What is the color of the dress Cecilia finally chooses to wear to dinner?
8. Who does Emily think might be suitable in terms of marrying Cecilia?
9. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
(a) Two moths
(b) The children
(c) A shooting star
(d) The wedding picture
10. Who wants to change the menu to cold cuts instead of the original plan for the dinner arrangements?
11. What happened on the beautiful morning of June, 1932, as recalled by Robbie during his travels?
(a) Giving Briony a swimming lesson
(b) Coming to the Tallis house for the first time
(c) Seeing Cecilia swim in the fountain
(d) Making love to Cecilia
12. What are each of the twins holding as they are crying, perhaps a symbol of their broken family?
(a) A single sock
(b) A piece of paper
(c) A letter
(d) A broken vase
13. Who does the answer to #151 say that she saw?
14. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The garage
(b) The fountain
(c) The bungalow
(d) The guest room
15. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
(c) 2 and a half
(d) 3 and a half
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
2. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
3. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
4. What does Briony think she sees through the windows?
5. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)