|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
(d) The constable
2. Who is pacing from room to room with a cigarette and wringing a handkerchief?
3. According to Briony, "Writing is a form of _____."
4. Cecilia says Leaon and _____________ are dying for one of Betty's roasts.
5. On whose cheek does Robbie notice a scratch when they are all sitting down to dinner?
6. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
7. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
8. How long does Emily lie on the sofa, thinking about everyone else's lives and how they relate to her own feelings?
(a) 2 days
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 30 minutes
(d) 4 hours
9. Where does Cecilia lead Robbie when he begins to apologize for the note?
(a) Sitting room
(b) Her bedroom
10. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The guest room
(b) The bungalow
(c) The fountain
(d) The garage
11. What does Lola declare Robbie to be after Briony reveals the contents of the letter Robbie wrote for Cecilia?
(b) Insane criminal
12. After the attack, plainclothesmen interview everyone except ___________.
13. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(a) Committing crimes
(c) Sleeping with another woman
14. Who jokes about having been persuaded by Emily to have a roast in Leon's honor, no matter the weather?
15. Who is the 'tiresome little prima donna?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecilia believe her sister to be as she is hunting to find her?
2. Who do the twins blame for having to be in the house of the Tallis family?
3. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
4. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
5. How many stragglers have reached a bombed out house in order to figure out a shortcut to the sea in the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)