|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Tallis siblings does not seem to have any ambition or any direction to his/her life?
2. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
3. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
(a) 2 and a half
(d) 3 and a half
4. __________ is strange and must be struggled for to attain.
(b) Character development
5. Betty will get upset with the twins and with the children if they do not come down for _______ immediately.
6. When was the first time Robbie saw Cecilia after he got out of prison?
(a) Six weeks later
(b) One month later
(c) One year later
(d) Six days later
7. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They are insane.
(b) They can attack anyone.
(c) They are all rapists.
(d) They are unpredictable.
8. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
9. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
10. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
11. What does Emily think Jack will call soon to say to her, as he does quite often?
(a) He is sleeping at the club.
(b) He is on a trip.
(c) He is playing tennis.
(d) He is coming home early.
12. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
(a) Woman, jumped into the fountain
(b) Man, wanted to kiss a girl
(c) Lady, swallowed a fly
(d) Girl, lived by herself
13. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
14. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
(a) A tramp
15. Where do Leon and Cecilia walk to as they are talking to each other?
(a) The fountain
(b) The garage
(c) The bungalow
(d) The guest room
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Briony comforted to know is with her sister Cecilia as they are searching for the twins?
2. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
3. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
4. Where does Cecilia meet up with her half-drunk brother, finally, after escaping from her mother and the drama of the kitchen?
5. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)