|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are maniacs so dangerous, at least in Lola's eyes, as she is talking to Briony?
(a) They are insane.
(b) They are all rapists.
(c) They can attack anyone.
(d) They are unpredictable.
2. What does Briony grab in order to prove the story she is telling to the head inspector?
(a) The vase
(b) The note from Robbie
(c) The handkerchief
(d) The letter from Jack to Robbie
3. Which army is retreating during the course of this chapter, although it is euphemistically referred to as making strategic withdrawals t more previously prepared positions?
(b) United States
4. Who does Briony say is the attack of the answer to #151?
5. What is Robbie afraid Briony is going to mention at the dinner table?
(a) The library incident
(b) The note
(c) The vase
(d) The word he used in the letter
6. Who goads who as Robbie and Cecilia are making love?
(a) They both goad each other on
(b) Neither goads the other
(c) Robbie goads Cecilia
(d) Cecilia goads Robbie
7. On whose cheek does Robbie notice a scratch when they are all sitting down to dinner?
8. Who is Emily convinced sabotaged Briony's play?
9. What is Briony certain will benefit her writing, even if it means hurting others and invading their privacy?
(a) Adult emotion
(b) Reading graphic novels
10. What does Briony notice the twins are wearing after they ask to be excused from dinner?
(a) New shirts
11. Who sounds like an officer and can read a compass, which will come in handy as they are searching for their way?
(c) Robbie Turner
12. Who does Briony tell about the attack first when she and the victim are walking toward the bridge?
13. Who is loud and jolly, and nothing like Lola, according to Briony's observations?
(d) Anne Marie
14. Where does Briony head in order to find the twins, musing about taking final responsibility for animal and child?
(a) The swimming pool
(b) The house
(c) The fountain
(d) The bungalow
15. Which private is the one with the face that has been almost completely blown away by fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Robbie spend in jail for his crimes, according to the narrative?
2. Who catches Robbie and Cecilia in the library?
3. Who is Emily reluctant to deal with in the beginning of this section, after the group realizes the twins have run away?
4. Who treats the inspectors in a condescending manner?
5. What is the color of the first dress Cecilia chooses that she believes makes her look like Shirley Temple?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)