|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
2. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
3. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
(a) A basket
(b) A small snack
(c) A vase
(d) A new set of sheets
4. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
(b) Worried about Briony
(c) Happy as can be
(d) Excited to be in the play
5. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
(a) A handkerchief of Cecilia's
(b) A wet patch on the ground
(c) A note
(d) A scream from Robbie
6. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The mood
(b) The pacing
(c) The relevance
(d) The genre
7. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
(a) Dancing in the fountain
(b) Talking to Robbie
(c) Crossing the bridge
(d) Writing a letter
8. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
(a) The twins
9. What does Lola laugh with when she is called to her bath time with her brothers?
(a) A mouth of cola
(b) Green candy
(c) Pink candy
(d) Her hands over her mouth
10. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
(a) Their parents
(d) The play
11. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
(a) Engineering classes
(b) Live a carefree life
(c) Medical school
12. Who does Cecilia want to avoid in the kitchen, causing her to have to go to the fountain for water?
13. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
(a) His friends
(b) Cecilia's parents
(c) His parents
(d) Leon and Lola
14. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
15. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
2. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
3. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
4. Who is the friend of Cecilia's brother that is coming to visit?
5. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)