|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) The stage performing a play
(b) Greek Olympics
(c) Berlin Olympics
(d) The jungle
2. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
(a) Their parents
(d) The play
3. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
4. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Do their homework
(b) Eat a sensible lunch
(c) Clean their rooms
(d) Take a bath
5. Who does Briony refuse to acknowledge when they come upon her at the bridge?
6. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
7. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
8. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
9. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
10. Who does Emily think will be hindered in her search for a husband because of her education level?
11. Robbie the son of _________________.
(a) The local banking heir
(b) Constance Turner
(d) The family cleaning lady
12. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
(a) They play hit her.
(b) They leave.
(c) The make fun of her.
(d) They yell at her.
13. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
(a) Excited to be in the play
(b) Happy as can be
(c) Worried about Briony
14. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
15. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
(c) An excuse to miss dinner
(d) A flower
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
2. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
3. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
4. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
5. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)