|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
2. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
(b) Makes meals
(d) Plays music
3. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
4. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) Greek Olympics
(b) The stage performing a play
(c) The jungle
(d) Berlin Olympics
5. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(b) Coming back
6. What breaks when Robbie and Cecilia argue over who will help with filling it?
7. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
8. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
(a) The sitting room
(b) The guest room
(c) A bunglaow
(d) The garden shed
9. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
(a) Tells someone else
(b) Tells her father
(c) Goes away
(d) Finds someone else
10. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
11. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
12. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
13. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
14. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To avoid a migraine
(b) To hide from her life
(c) To see her lover
(d) To take drugs
15. Robbie the son of _________________.
(b) The family cleaning lady
(c) The local banking heir
(d) Constance Turner
Short Answer Questions
1. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
2. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
3. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
4. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
5. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)