|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
2. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To avoid a migraine
(b) To take drugs
(c) To see her lover
(d) To hide from her life
3. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
4. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
(a) The library
(b) The kitchen
(c) An unused bedroom
(d) The sitting room
5. What does Emily scoff at that has caused her older sister to leave her children?
(a) Alcohol poisoning
(c) Nervous breakdown
(d) Drug addiction
6. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Take a bath
(b) Eat a sensible lunch
(c) Do their homework
(d) Clean their rooms
7. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
8. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
(a) Their parents are ill
(b) Their parents are on a vacation
(c) Their parents are dead
(d) The parents are divorcing
9. What does Briony think is wrong about the scene she just saw between Robbie and Cecilia?
(a) The passion
(b) The sequence
(c) The couple
(d) The props
10. Who accepts full responsibility for breaking the item in #19?
(a) Neither do
(d) Both do
11. Robbie the son of _________________.
(a) Constance Turner
(b) The local banking heir
(d) The family cleaning lady
12. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The pacing
(b) The relevance
(c) The mood
(d) The genre
13. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
14. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
(b) Jack Tallis
(c) Paul Marshall
15. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(a) Coming back
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
2. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
3. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
4. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
5. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)