|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
2. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
3. What does Emily need to don in order to go to see Briony and to comfort her?
(a) A long coat
(b) A shawl
(c) Her wool blanket
4. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
5. Who calls Lola and her brothers to their bath, causing the meeting with the answer to #54 to be over?
6. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
7. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 3:00 PM
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 5:00 PM
(d) 12:00 PM
8. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
(a) Tells her father
(b) Goes away
(c) Finds someone else
(d) Tells someone else
9. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The pacing
(b) The relevance
(c) The genre
(d) The mood
10. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
(c) Paul Marshall
(d) Jack Tallis
11. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
12. Who does Cecilia want to avoid in the kitchen, causing her to have to go to the fountain for water?
13. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
(a) The sitting room
(b) A bunglaow
(c) The garden shed
(d) The guest room
14. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
15. What does Lola laugh with when she is called to her bath time with her brothers?
(a) Her hands over her mouth
(b) A mouth of cola
(c) Pink candy
(d) Green candy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
2. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
3. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
4. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
5. What always stops Emily from giving her full attention to the children?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)