|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
(a) On the island
(b) By the lake
(c) In her bedroom
(d) In the fountain
2. Who does Emily think will be hindered in her search for a husband because of her education level?
3. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
(a) Their parents
(b) The play
4. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
5. Who is the friend of Cecilia's brother that is coming to visit?
(a) Jack Tallis
(b) Paul Marshall
(c) Roger Darthmouth
6. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
7. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
8. Who does Cecilia want to avoid in the kitchen, causing her to have to go to the fountain for water?
9. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
10. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
11. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The genre
(b) The mood
(c) The pacing
(d) The relevance
12. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Give him the vase
(b) Marry him
(c) Leave him
(d) Give him money
13. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
14. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
(b) Happy as can be
(c) Excited to be in the play
(d) Worried about Briony
15. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) The bedspread
(b) A small basket of soaps
(c) A vase of flowers
(d) The bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. While Briony is sick of being outdoors, she is not ready to ________.
2. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
3. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
4. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
5. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)