|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
2. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
3. What does Lola laugh with when she is called to her bath time with her brothers?
(a) A mouth of cola
(b) Pink candy
(c) Her hands over her mouth
(d) Green candy
4. What is Briony angrily slashing as she constructs a new story for the arrival of her brother?
(a) The birch tree
(d) The grass
5. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(a) Made him a medal
(c) Written a story
(d) Written a poem
6. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The genre
(b) The mood
(c) The relevance
(d) The pacing
7. What does Emily scoff at that has caused her older sister to leave her children?
(a) Nervous breakdown
(c) Alcohol poisoning
(d) Drug addiction
8. Where does Briony decide she will wait until some real event takes place?
(a) The fountain
(b) The bridge
(c) The grass
(d) The garden
9. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
10. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
11. Who does Cecilia want to avoid in the kitchen, causing her to have to go to the fountain for water?
12. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(b) She doesn't have one
13. What does Emily need to don in order to go to see Briony and to comfort her?
(a) Her wool blanket
(c) A shawl
(d) A long coat
14. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
(a) An unused bedroom
(b) The sitting room
(c) The library
(d) The kitchen
15. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) The repairs to the vase
(b) Her true feelings about Robbie
(c) The threats she's made to Robbie
(d) The stain on her dress
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
2. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
3. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
4. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
5. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)