|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
2. What kind of business does the answer to #54 own?
(a) Movie company
(b) Chocolate factory
(c) Medical practice
(d) Banking office
3. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(b) She doesn't have one
4. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
5. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
(a) Excited to be in the play
(b) Worried about Briony
(d) Happy as can be
6. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
7. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
(a) The Trials of Arabella
(b) The Tales of Arabela
(c) The Trials of Cecilia and Robbie
(d) The Tragedy of Leon and his Turtle
8. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
9. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Eat a sensible lunch
(b) Clean their rooms
(c) Take a bath
(d) Do their homework
10. What does Marshall give to the children in this room as he is talking to them?
(a) A glass of water
(b) A vase
(d) Amo sample
11. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
(a) Creative archetypal
(b) Immoral mental creationism
(c) Amoral psychological realism
(d) Irrealism narrative
12. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
(a) Makes meals
(b) Plays music
13. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) The threats she's made to Robbie
(b) Her true feelings about Robbie
(c) The repairs to the vase
(d) The stain on her dress
14. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
15. What does Briony rip in half when she enters the room where Cecilia is sitting?
(a) A page of the script
(b) A piece of tissue
(c) A poster for her play
(d) Her notebook
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
2. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
3. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
4. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
5. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)