|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
2. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
3. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
4. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
5. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(b) She doesn't have one
6. Who does Briony refuse to acknowledge when they come upon her at the bridge?
7. What does Emily want to turn the roast into for Leon's arrival?
(a) Cold cuts
(b) A gravied meat dish
(c) A casserole
(d) A soup
8. What is also attacked for wasting Briony's time, as she criticizes herself?
(a) The vase
9. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
10. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
(b) The "She saids"
(c) Good spelling
(d) Full sentences
11. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To take drugs
(b) To hide from her life
(c) To avoid a migraine
(d) To see her lover
12. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
(b) Makes meals
(d) Plays music
13. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
14. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 5:00 PM
(c) 3:00 PM
(d) 4:00 PM
15. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
(a) A vase
(b) A basket
(c) A new set of sheets
(d) A small snack
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Briony angrily slashing as she constructs a new story for the arrival of her brother?
2. Who is the friend of Cecilia's brother that is coming to visit?
3. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
4. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
5. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)