|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
2. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
3. What breaks when Robbie and Cecilia argue over who will help with filling it?
4. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
5. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
(a) His parents
(b) Cecilia's parents
(c) Leon and Lola
(d) His friends
6. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
7. Who does Briony refuse to acknowledge when they come upon her at the bridge?
8. What does Briony rip in half when she enters the room where Cecilia is sitting?
(a) A page of the script
(b) A piece of tissue
(c) Her notebook
(d) A poster for her play
9. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(a) She doesn't have one
10. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
11. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
12. What does Emily need to don in order to go to see Briony and to comfort her?
(a) A long coat
(c) A shawl
(d) Her wool blanket
13. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
(b) An excuse to miss dinner
(c) A flower
14. What does Emily make sure the children have done before she retreats?
(a) Do their homework
(b) Clean their rooms
(c) Eat a sensible lunch
(d) Take a bath
15. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
2. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
3. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
4. Robbie the son of _________________.
5. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)