|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
2. Who is told to carry the guest's bags upstairs?
3. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
(a) Makes meals
(c) Plays music
4. Who strips to his/her underwear to retrieve the broken piece?
5. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(c) Coming back
6. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(b) Thrashing the nettles
(c) Burning her books
(d) Writing a new story
7. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) Her true feelings about Robbie
(b) The repairs to the vase
(c) The threats she's made to Robbie
(d) The stain on her dress
8. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
(a) On the island
(b) In the fountain
(c) By the lake
(d) In her bedroom
9. What play does the answer to #54 talk about with Lola?
(b) Romeo and Juliet
10. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
(a) Good spelling
(c) The "She saids"
(d) Full sentences
11. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(a) Made him a medal
(c) Written a story
(d) Written a poem
12. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
13. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
14. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
15. Who accepts full responsibility for breaking the item in #19?
(a) Both do
(d) Neither do
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony decide she will wait until some real event takes place?
2. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
3. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
4. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
5. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)