|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
2. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
3. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) The jungle
(b) Greek Olympics
(c) The stage performing a play
(d) Berlin Olympics
4. Who calls Lola and her brothers to their bath, causing the meeting with the answer to #54 to be over?
5. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
(a) Full sentences
(b) The "She saids"
(d) Good spelling
6. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
7. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
(a) Tells someone else
(b) Tells her father
(c) Goes away
(d) Finds someone else
8. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
9. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) A small basket of soaps
(c) The bathroom
(d) The bedspread
10. What does Briony rip in half when she enters the room where Cecilia is sitting?
(a) A piece of tissue
(b) A poster for her play
(c) Her notebook
(d) A page of the script
11. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
12. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
(a) The nettles
(b) The twins
(c) The men
(d) The women
13. Who accepts full responsibility for breaking the item in #19?
(b) Neither do
(c) Both do
14. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
15. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
2. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
3. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
4. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
5. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)