|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
2. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
(a) Talking to Robbie
(b) Dancing in the fountain
(c) Writing a letter
(d) Crossing the bridge
3. What is the unthinkable obscenity that the answer to question #52 utters?
4. While Briony is sick of being outdoors, she is not ready to ________.
(a) Eat dinner
(b) Leave her fantasy land
(c) Be indoors
5. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
6. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
(a) They yell at her.
(b) They play hit her.
(c) They leave.
(d) The make fun of her.
7. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
(d) The twins
8. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
9. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
(d) In the fountain
10. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
11. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The sitting room
(c) The library
(d) An unused bedroom
12. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
13. What does Lola not want the answer to #54 to talk about around her brothers?
(b) Their parents
(d) The play
14. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To take drugs
(b) To avoid a migraine
(c) To hide from her life
(d) To see her lover
15. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Briony angrily slashing as she constructs a new story for the arrival of her brother?
2. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
3. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
4. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
5. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)