|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(b) Coming back
2. What is all that remains of the surprising scene to which Briony is a witness?
(a) A note
(b) A handkerchief of Cecilia's
(c) A wet patch on the ground
(d) A scream from Robbie
3. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
4. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
(d) In the fountain
5. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
6. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
(a) Plays music
(d) Makes meals
7. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
8. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
9. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
(a) Dancing in the fountain
(b) Crossing the bridge
(c) Talking to Robbie
(d) Writing a letter
10. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
(a) Medical school
(b) Live a carefree life
(c) Engineering classes
11. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
12. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
13. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 5:00 PM
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 3:00 PM
(d) 12:00 PM
14. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
15. What university do Cecilia and Robbie both attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
2. What does Emily need to don in order to go to see Briony and to comfort her?
3. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
4. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
5. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)