|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
2. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(a) Made him a medal
(c) Written a story
(d) Written a poem
3. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) The bedspread
(c) A small basket of soaps
(d) The bathroom
4. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
5. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(a) Writing a new story
(b) Thrashing the nettles
(d) Burning her books
6. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
(b) In the fountain
7. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
(a) In her bedroom
(b) In the fountain
(c) On the island
(d) By the lake
8. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
9. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
(a) A new set of sheets
(b) A small snack
(c) A vase
(d) A basket
10. Whose invitation should Robbie have turned down because it i obvious Cecilia will ignore him the whole time?
11. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
(b) An excuse to miss dinner
(c) A flower
12. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
13. What has fallen into disrepair, which is a shame as it is an architectural point of interest?
(a) The house itself
(b) The fountain
(c) Island temple
(d) The gazebo
14. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
(a) Irrealism narrative
(b) Amoral psychological realism
(c) Immoral mental creationism
(d) Creative archetypal
15. What does Briony rip in half when she enters the room where Cecilia is sitting?
(a) A page of the script
(b) Her notebook
(c) A poster for her play
(d) A piece of tissue
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
2. What is Cecilia's nickname?
3. What is also attacked for wasting Briony's time, as she criticizes herself?
4. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
5. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)