|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
2. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
3. What does Cecilia carry up to the guest room?
(a) A small snack
(b) A vase
(c) A basket
(d) A new set of sheets
4. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 5:00 PM
(c) 4:00 PM
(d) 3:00 PM
5. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
6. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
7. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
(a) The sitting room
(b) The library
(c) An unused bedroom
(d) The kitchen
8. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
9. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
10. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
11. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To see her lover
(b) To hide from her life
(c) To avoid a migraine
(d) To take drugs
12. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
13. Briony thinks about the effort it would take to groom herself like ________.
14. Robbie the son of _________________.
(a) The local banking heir
(c) Constance Turner
(d) The family cleaning lady
15. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The relevance
(b) The pacing
(c) The genre
(d) The mood
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
2. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
3. What is Briony angrily slashing as she constructs a new story for the arrival of her brother?
4. What kind of business does the answer to #54 own?
5. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)