|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
2. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
3. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
4. What always stops Emily from giving her full attention to the children?
(a) Her husband
(d) Her work
5. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(c) She doesn't have one
6. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
(a) Good spelling
(c) The "She saids"
(d) Full sentences
7. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
(a) The play itself
(b) The twins
(d) The costumes
8. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
(b) Quiet darling.
(c) Come back
(d) Calm down
9. Who does Briony refuse to acknowledge when they come upon her at the bridge?
10. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
(a) On the island
(b) By the lake
(c) In her bedroom
(d) In the fountain
11. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
12. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
13. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
(a) The women
(b) The twins
(c) The nettles
(d) The men
14. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
(a) Medical school
(b) Engineering classes
(c) Live a carefree life
15. Who does Cecilia want to avoid in the kitchen, causing her to have to go to the fountain for water?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told to carry the guest's bags upstairs?
2. Who calls Lola and her brothers to their bath, causing the meeting with the answer to #54 to be over?
3. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
4. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
5. What does Briony think is wrong about the scene she just saw between Robbie and Cecilia?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)