|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
2. Who is told to carry the guest's bags upstairs?
3. What breaks when Robbie and Cecilia argue over who will help with filling it?
4. What is also attacked for wasting Briony's time, as she criticizes herself?
(b) The vase
5. Briony often wonders if others think about life's _________ as much as she does.
6. What is the problem, Briony finally decides, in regards to the play she wants to stage?
(a) The twins
(b) The play itself
(d) The costumes
7. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) Greek Olympics
(b) The stage performing a play
(c) Berlin Olympics
(d) The jungle
8. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
9. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
10. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
(a) Paul Marshall
(c) Jack Tallis
11. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) Her true feelings about Robbie
(b) The repairs to the vase
(c) The stain on her dress
(d) The threats she's made to Robbie
12. What always stops Emily from giving her full attention to the children?
(b) Her work
(c) Her husband
13. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
14. To what time is play practice delayed causing Briony to be disappointed?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 5:00 PM
(d) 3:00 PM
15. What does Lola laugh with when she is called to her bath time with her brothers?
(a) Pink candy
(b) A mouth of cola
(c) Her hands over her mouth
(d) Green candy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony decide she will wait until some real event takes place?
2. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
3. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
4. What does Briony rip in half when she enters the room where Cecilia is sitting?
5. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)