|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
2. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Marry him
(b) Give him money
(c) Give him the vase
(d) Leave him
3. What is the word Robbie adds in impulsively to the letter, although he decides he will not send that copy to Cecilia?
4. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(c) Coming back
5. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
6. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
(a) The sitting room
(b) The garden shed
(c) A bunglaow
(d) The guest room
7. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
8. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
9. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
10. What does Briony think is wrong about the scene she just saw between Robbie and Cecilia?
(a) The passion
(b) The props
(c) The sequence
(d) The couple
11. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) The bathroom
(c) The bedspread
(d) A small basket of soaps
12. From whom does Robbie have a letter offering to help him with medical school costs?
(b) Paul Marshall
(d) Jack Tallis
13. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(b) She doesn't have one
14. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
15. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
2. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
3. Who does Emily think will be hindered in her search for a husband because of her education level?
4. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
5. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)