|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
2. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
(a) Calm down
(b) Quiet darling.
(c) Come back
3. Whose passing into adulthood is Emily mourning in this section of the book?
4. Robbie's mother, __________, is a woman whose services are greatly valued by the Tallis family.
5. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
6. Who is the friend of Cecilia's brother that is coming to visit?
(b) Paul Marshall
(c) Jack Tallis
(d) Roger Darthmouth
7. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
(a) The twins
(b) The women
(c) The nettles
(d) The men
8. What has fallen into disrepair, which is a shame as it is an architectural point of interest?
(a) The gazebo
(b) The fountain
(c) Island temple
(d) The house itself
9. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
(a) Their parents are ill
(b) Their parents are on a vacation
(c) The parents are divorcing
(d) Their parents are dead
10. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
(a) His parents
(b) His friends
(c) Cecilia's parents
(d) Leon and Lola
11. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
12. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
(a) The Tragedy of Leon and his Turtle
(b) The Trials of Cecilia and Robbie
(c) The Trials of Arabella
(d) The Tales of Arabela
13. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
(b) Plays music
(c) Makes meals
14. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) Berlin Olympics
(b) Greek Olympics
(c) The jungle
(d) The stage performing a play
15. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
2. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
3. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
4. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
5. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)