|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(a) Thrashing the nettles
(b) Burning her books
(d) Writing a new story
2. With what degree has Robbie graduated from university?
3. In how many points of view does Briony want to write about the scene she has just seen?
4. Who is told to carry the guest's bags upstairs?
5. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
6. What breaks when Robbie and Cecilia argue over who will help with filling it?
7. Who comes to the doorway of Lola and her brothers to introduce themselves?
8. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
(a) Their parents are on a vacation
(b) Their parents are ill
(c) Their parents are dead
(d) The parents are divorcing
9. What has fallen into disrepair, which is a shame as it is an architectural point of interest?
(a) The gazebo
(b) The fountain
(c) The house itself
(d) Island temple
10. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) The jungle
(b) Greek Olympics
(c) Berlin Olympics
(d) The stage performing a play
11. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
(c) The twins
12. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
13. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) The bedspread
(b) A vase of flowers
(c) The bathroom
(d) A small basket of soaps
14. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
15. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Give him money
(b) Give him the vase
(c) Marry him
(d) Leave him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecilia see Briony doing from the window of the guest room?
2. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
3. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
4. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
5. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)