|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily scoff at that has caused her older sister to leave her children?
(a) Nervous breakdown
(b) Drug addiction
(d) Alcohol poisoning
2. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
3. Who is no longer the horsy sister, according to Robbie and his daydreams?
4. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
5. What always stops Emily from giving her full attention to the children?
(a) Her work
(b) Her husband
6. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
7. What does Robbie apologize for doing in the library the other day in the note he writes to Cecilia?
(a) Taking a piece of paper
(b) Breaking the statue
(c) Entering barefoot
(d) Stealing a book
8. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
(a) They play hit her.
(b) They leave.
(c) The make fun of her.
(d) They yell at her.
9. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The genre
(b) The mood
(c) The relevance
(d) The pacing
10. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Marry him
(b) Leave him
(c) Give him the vase
(d) Give him money
11. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) The bathroom
(b) A small basket of soaps
(c) The bedspread
(d) A vase of flowers
12. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
13. What does Emily want to turn the roast into for Leon's arrival?
(a) A soup
(b) A casserole
(c) A gravied meat dish
(d) Cold cuts
14. Who accepts full responsibility for breaking the item in #19?
(a) Both do
(c) Neither do
15. What does Marshall give to the children in this room as he is talking to them?
(a) Amo sample
(b) A vase
(c) A glass of water
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
2. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
3. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
4. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
5. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)