|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Briony sacrifice in her story, declaring them to be incompetent actors?
(a) The twins
(b) The women
(c) The men
(d) The nettles
2. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Give him money
(b) Leave him
(c) Give him the vase
(d) Marry him
3. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
4. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(a) Made him a medal
(b) Written a story
(d) Written a poem
5. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
6. Who accepts full responsibility for breaking the item in #19?
(b) Neither do
(c) Both do
7. What play does the answer to #54 talk about with Lola?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
8. To what age does Robbie's imagination take him as he is thinking about his and Cecilia's future?
9. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The pacing
(b) The relevance
(c) The mood
(d) The genre
10. What does Emily need to don in order to go to see Briony and to comfort her?
(b) A long coat
(c) A shawl
(d) Her wool blanket
11. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
12. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
(a) Calm down
(c) Quiet darling.
(d) Come back
13. Who strips to his/her underwear to retrieve the broken piece?
14. In Robbie's office, there is a photograph of __________ celebrating their honeymoon.
(a) Cecilia's parents
(b) His parents
(c) His friends
(d) Leon and Lola
15. Who was a war hero whose funeral Cecilia barely remembers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks when Robbie and Cecilia argue over who will help with filling it?
2. Who does Briony refuse to acknowledge when they come upon her at the bridge?
3. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
4. Robbie the son of _________________.
5. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)