Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(a) Writing a new story
(b) Thrashing the nettles
(c) Burning her books
2. Where does Robbie want to go, with the help of the money of Jack Tallis?
(b) Medical school
(c) Engineering classes
(d) Live a carefree life
3. What does the person in #80 end up doing in response to Briony's refusal to acknowledge them?
(a) They leave.
(b) They yell at her.
(c) The make fun of her.
(d) They play hit her.
4. What does Marshall give to the children in this room as he is talking to them?
(a) A glass of water
(b) Amo sample
(d) A vase
5. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
6. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
7. When Briony's fantasy fades, the difficult _________ occurs.
(d) Coming back
8. What does Cecilia want to have when she starts to think of Robbie?
(c) A flower
(d) An excuse to miss dinner
9. What does Briony think she should have done for her brother?
(b) Written a story
(c) Made him a medal
(d) Written a poem
10. Who does Briony behead in the context of the story she is hastily crafting?
11. What does Briony think Robbie is asking Cecilia to do?
(a) Marry him
(b) Give him the vase
(c) Give him money
(d) Leave him
12. How might Lola and her twin brothers be described at this point of the story?
(a) Excited to be in the play
(b) Happy as can be
(d) Worried about Briony
13. Who refuses to be convinced they will be going home soon?
14. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
15. How old are the twins, Jackson and Pierrot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lola see Briony, thus realizing that the play is dead?
2. Who is the older sister of Emily that she describes as precocious and scheming?
3. What does Robbie do for the Tallis family?
4. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
5. What is happening with Briony's cousins that causes them to come to stay with her family for the time being?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)