|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose invitation should Robbie have turned down because it i obvious Cecilia will ignore him the whole time?
2. Where does Briony imagine herself to be, as an expert at slashing the nettles in the yard?
(a) The stage performing a play
(b) The jungle
(c) Greek Olympics
(d) Berlin Olympics
3. What does Briony not want to have done with her anymore?
4. From the window in what room does Lola notice Briony, as answered in question #49?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The sitting room
(c) The library
(d) An unused bedroom
5. What is Cecilia's nickname?
(b) She doesn't have one
6. In what building of the Tallis estate does Robbie sit in a bathtub to soak?
(a) The garden shed
(b) The sitting room
(c) The guest room
(d) A bunglaow
7. What university do Cecilia and Robbie both attend?
8. Who does Robbie ask to bring the note to Cecilia instead of bringing it to her himself?
9. What does Robbie apologize for doing in the library the other day in the note he writes to Cecilia?
(a) Breaking the statue
(b) Taking a piece of paper
(c) Stealing a book
(d) Entering barefoot
10. Which character's profession is in banking, something which is dull and uninspiring to them?
11. While Briony is sick of being outdoors, she is not ready to ________.
(a) Leave her fantasy land
(b) Eat dinner
(c) Be indoors
12. Who does Emily count on to care for the guests when they arrive, which calms Emily and allows her to sleep?
13. Who does Cecilia think has his eye on Lola, as she has observed from his behavior around Lola?
14. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
15. How many strokes of nettles does it take for Briony to be free of her show-off years and reliance on her mother's good opinion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
2. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
3. What is also attacked for wasting Briony's time, as she criticizes herself?
4. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
5. What do Emily's daughters call her, knowing that she does not give them the attention they should get as her children?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)