1. What is the name of the play Briony has been trying to prepare for a few days?
Briony has been trying to prepare "The Trials of Arabella," a play which she has written herself.
2. Why does Briony want to prepare her play to be seen by others?
Briony wants to prepare her play to be seen by the family in celebration of the homecoming of her brother, Leon.
3. What does Briony do when she has finished a piece of writing?
Briony binds the stories she has written for her parents, who recognize her imagination and try to encourage her efforts.
4. What does Briony realize to be one of the strengths of writing for drama?
Briony realizes that drama allows her to be free of the 'she saids" and the descriptive setup required by story writing.
5. Describe the state of Cecilia at the beginning of this section.
Cecilia is the big sister of Briony, and has just returned from university at Cambridge. Cecilia is desperate with inactivity.
This section contains 1,974 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)