|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily retreat to her bedroom every afternoon?
(a) To hide from her life
(b) To avoid a migraine
(c) To take drugs
(d) To see her lover
2. What is Jack actually doing when he calls up with the answer to #136?
(a) Sleeping with another woman
(c) Committing crimes
3. About what subject is the book from the library that Robbie borrowed days before?
4. Robbie knows he must speak to Cecilia about his feelings before she _________.
(a) Finds someone else
(b) Goes away
(c) Tells her father
(d) Tells someone else
5. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is put to bed to wait for the doctors after the attack in the yard?
2. What does Emily watch as she looks at her unused harpsichord?
3. Who cannot act, as seen in the play practice, causing Briony to become even more frustrated with her play?
4. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
5. What does Briony think is wrong about the scene she just saw between Robbie and Cecilia?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)