|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
2. Who says to Cecilia that they want to be in Briony's play and that is why they are upset?
3. When did Emily's illnesses and her stillness begin in her life?
(a) 10 years of age
(b) This year
(c) 8 years of age
(d) 10 years ago
4. According to Emily, ________ paying for Robbie's education is unfair to Leon and the girls.
5. What is wrong, according to the dictionary, and according to Briony's discovery in that dictionary?
(a) The pacing
(b) The genre
(c) The relevance
(d) The mood
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
2. What can gentleman do during hot days in England, according to Leon?
3. Where does Briony see Robbie and Cecilia talking?
4. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
5. The first line of Briony's story used to be: "there was an/a __________ who _________."
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)