|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
(a) Calm down
(b) Quiet darling.
(d) Come back
2. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
(a) The repairs to the vase
(b) Her true feelings about Robbie
(c) The threats she's made to Robbie
(d) The stain on her dress
3. What kind of writer does Briony become at this point?
(a) Irrealism narrative
(b) Amoral psychological realism
(c) Immoral mental creationism
(d) Creative archetypal
4. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) A small basket of soaps
(b) A vase of flowers
(c) The bathroom
(d) The bedspread
5. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Briony think is wrong about the scene she just saw between Robbie and Cecilia?
2. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
3. Where does Briony sit alone, holding the script of her first play?
4. Who feels that everyone is conspiring to ruin her play?
5. Who is the friend of Cecilia's brother that is coming to visit?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)