|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robbie apologize for doing in the library the other day in the note he writes to Cecilia?
(a) Breaking the statue
(b) Stealing a book
(c) Entering barefoot
(d) Taking a piece of paper
2. What does Emily want to turn the roast into for Leon's arrival?
(a) A casserole
(b) A soup
(c) Cold cuts
(d) A gravied meat dish
3. What always stops Emily from giving her full attention to the children?
(a) Her husband
(c) Her work
4. What has Leon seen Briony doing by the lake?
(a) Writing a new story
(c) Burning her books
(d) Thrashing the nettles
5. What does Cecila prepare to help brighten up the room of the guest who is arriving soon?
(a) The bedspread
(b) A small basket of soaps
(c) A vase of flowers
(d) The bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Cecilia feels satisfied that is undetectable?
2. What does Briony want to ask Marshall about, as she says a cowardly way to go about her plans?
3. What does Cecilia say to Briony when she would have nightmares? "________. It's only a dream."
4. Who is the character that startles Briony as she is trying to write another story for her brother?
5. What does Briony think of Robbie's letter to Cecilia? What does she think Cecilia is as a result?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)