Part 1, Chapter 1
1. How old is Briony at the start of this story?
2. How many days has Briony spent preparing her first play?
3. What is the name of Briony's first play production that she has been feverishly preparing?
(a) The Tales of Arabela
(b) The Trials of Arabella
(c) The Trials of Cecilia and Robbie
(d) The Tragedy of Leon and his Turtle
4. At what age does Briony write her first short story, allowing for the beginning of her life's writing escapades?
5. Which member of the Tallis family is coming home, hence Briony's preoccupation with writing the play for this particular person's celebration?
6. What is Briony freed from when she writes a play, much to her delight?
(a) The "She saids"
(b) Good spelling
(c) Full sentences
7. Where does Briony want to hold the practice for the play at the start of this novel?
8. What is Lola's relation to Briony?
This section contains 3,839 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)