Part 1, Chapter 1
• Briony Tallis has been preparing to stage her first play which will include her cousins as actors.
• Briony has been a writer for a long time.
• Briony's cousins arrive but some are not right for the parts.
• Some of the cousins have arrived because their parents are getting divorced.
• The play is a bit of a disaster.
Part 1, Chapter 2
• Cecilia is home from university and is bored.
• Cecilia places flowers into a vase for Paul Marshall's guest room.
• Robbie tries to help Cecilia with the vase but accidentally breaks it as she refuses his help.
• Robbie takes responsibility but Cecilia instead jumps into the pool to get the broken piece and leaves.
Part 1, Chapter 3
• Briony feels everyone is trying to ruin her play.
• Briony begins to think she should have written a story instead.
• Briony fantasizes that Robby is proposing to Cecilia at...
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)