Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rand's symbol of the ultimate destruction of socialism?
(a) The failure of John Galt to escape.
(b) The decision to use Project F on John Galt to get him to cooperate.
(c) Dagny giving in to all demands in order to save John Galt.
(d) The devastating destruction of Project X and areas of four states around it.
2. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
(a) The plane cannot be repaired
(b) $200.00 in gold
(c) $10,000.00 in US dollars
(d) Nothing, they do everything there for free
3. Why does the siege represent a "Concerto of Deliverance"?
(a) It suggest the theme of delivering Rearden Steel to the workers.
(b) After this, Rearden will regain control of his business.
(c) It marks Hanks deliverance from Lillian and Phillip.
(d) It marks the final movement when Francisco can tell everyting to Hank Rearden.
4. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) That she could no longer see him.
(c) That Francisco was her first lover.
(d) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(c) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(d) The atomic bomb.
6. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
(a) An artificial storm cloud
(b) A sonic distrubance
(c) A refractor ray
(d) It is actually underground
7. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
(a) On his walk at night.
(b) In the ruins of Rearden Metal.
(c) At his apartment in the city.
(d) In Dagny's cabin.
8. Why does Lillian come to see James Taggart?
(a) Lillian wants to get rid of Cherryl because she is so common.
(b) She thinks he is a handsome, desirable man.
(c) She thinks he is powerful enough to stop Hank from divorcing her.
(d) Lillian wants to find out more dirt on Dagny.
9. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
(a) The man, Jeff Allen, once worked at Twentieth Century Motors.
(b) He turned out to be John Galt.
(c) He knew how to operate a train.
(d) He could finish the work Quentin Daniels had started.
10. Why are there only half enough freight cars to ship the Minnesota wheat crop to the East coast?
(a) All the other cars have fallen apart.
(b) The wheat crop is not really important because there is enough wheat in the East already.
(c) Many of the freight cars have been converted into passenger cars.
(d) Meigs has sent the other 7,000 cars to pick up swamp soybeans in Louisiana.
11. Why does Cherryl go to visit Dagny?
(a) To ask if she can stay there for the night.
(b) To apologize for what she said on her wedding day.
(c) To accuse her of destroying James.
(d) To borrow money so she can leave James.
12. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
(a) It represents the poor quality goods industrialists offer out of greed.
(b) It is what happens when logic and reason are abandoned for political expediency.
(c) It represents the end of an era.
(d) It marks the end of the Unification Board.
13. Who does Dagny discover is working for her as a common laborer?
(a) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(b) John Galt
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Cuffy Meigs
14. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
(a) He is happy because he loves both of them.
(b) He slaps Francisco.
(c) He is afraid that Francisco will discover their affair.
(d) He thinks Francisco is the destroyer.
15. How does Dagny locate John Galt?
(a) She gets help from the police.
(b) She whistles Halley's Fifth Concerto and he answers her.
(c) She tells a foreman to bring him to her.
(d) She finds his name and address on her payroll account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news was in the letter the doorman had held for Dagny for a week?
2. How does John Galt mock the government men when the power goes out at the State Science Institute while he is still strapped to Project F?
3. When the east bound Comet stalls in the desert, how are the passengers taken away?
4. What does the Head of State Thompson want from Galt?
5. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)