|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dagny now realize that the government had used her, Rearden, and other industrialists?
(a) By their greed.
(b) By their stupidity.
(c) By their love of work and producing.
(d) By their helplessness.
2. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(c) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(d) The atomic bomb.
3. What has happened to Dagny during the time that John Galt was recaptured and taken away?
(a) She decides to join the others at Atlantis.
(b) She jumps to her death out of her apartment window.
(c) She offers to tell everything she knows in exchange for John's life.
(d) She gets a gun and goes looking for Eddie Willers.
4. Why does Cherryl go to visit Dagny?
(a) To apologize for what she said on her wedding day.
(b) To ask if she can stay there for the night.
(c) To accuse her of destroying James.
(d) To borrow money so she can leave James.
5. What is the music heard in the valley as the industrial "strikers" arrive?
(a) Tomorrow Is Another Day
(b) Beethoven's Ode to Joy
(c) Halley's Fifth Piano Concerto
(d) Look for the Silver Lining
6. How does Dagny deal with the failure of communications on the Taggart Transcontinental when copper wire breaks and cannot be quickly replaced?
(a) She reverts to manual switching and lantern signals.
(b) She stops all trains until the lines can be repaired.
(c) She goes to James to find out what to do.
(d) She turns the problem over to Cuffy Meigs.
7. Who is playing the piano at John Galt's house?
(a) Dr. Hendricks
(b) Halley himself
(c) Hugh Akston
8. What happens to all the South American d'Anconia Copper Mines immediately after they are nationalized by the various governments?
(a) The mines all prove to be worthless and used up.
(b) The price of copper jumps to an all time high.
(c) The US government realizes it will now have to pay more for copper.
(d) The are blown up and the top management disappears.
9. Who is the handsome blond man Dagny meets on her first morning in the valley?
(a) Richard Halley
(b) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(c) Sebastian d'Anconia
(d) John Galt's brother
10. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
(a) In Dagny's cabin.
(b) On his walk at night.
(c) In the ruins of Rearden Metal.
(d) At his apartment in the city.
11. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) People now have more money to spend.
(b) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
(c) More businesses and executives disapear.
(d) Production on everything increases.
12. When Dagny, Hank, Francisco and Ragnar storm the Project F building, what indicates that Ragnar's reputation has preceded him?
(a) The guards recognize him from newspaper photos.
(b) The guards all want his autograph when they find out who he is.
(c) When he gives them his name, the guards moan.
(d) The guards are not afraid of the others even though they have guns.
13. while John Galt is being held in a plush hotel suite, what is happening in the country?
(a) Everything comes to a standstill while they wait for Galt's economic plan.
(b) The people in Atlantis decide to assassinate Galt before he tells everything.
(c) More businesses are closing and more great minds are disappearing.
(d) The people who had disappeared return to help Galt.
14. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) The number to a bank account
(b) A bar of gold
(c) Another gun for Hank to carry
(d) His calling card
15. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) John Galt came and told him.
(b) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(c) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
(d) Francisco sent him a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
2. Who flies over the valley looking for Dagny but cannot see the community below?
3. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
4. After Hank Rearden disappears, what special favor is granted Dagny by the citizens of "Atlantis"?
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)