|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(b) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(c) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(d) They give a banquet in her honor.
2. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
(a) Nothing, they do everything there for free
(b) $10,000.00 in US dollars
(c) $200.00 in gold
(d) The plane cannot be repaired
3. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
(a) Because she thinks they are very pretty.
(b) Because she forgot her cigarettes in New York.
(c) Because he says she's earned it.
(d) Because she doesn't ask him anything about the cigarettes.
4. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
(a) As an octopus.
(b) As a great philanthropist.
(c) As a shark.
(d) As an alligator.
5. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
(b) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
(c) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
(d) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
2. What is the name of the regulation that effectively kills all creativity in business?
3. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
4. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
5. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)