|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(c) They give a banquet in her honor.
(d) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
2. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) I'm going into business for myself.
(b) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
(c) Who is John Galt?
(d) Railroads are a thing of the past.
3. John Galt is strapped naked to a table with electrodes attached to various parts of his body. What does that symbolize?
(a) The impotence of the state and the power of the individual
(b) The power of the state and the vulnerability of the individual
(c) The inadequacies of John Galt's beliefs
(d) The ultimate victory of the state
4. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(b) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(c) They all know who John Galt is.
(d) They are all capitalists.
5. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(b) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hank find when he returns to Rearden Metal plant?
2. How does Rand use the marriage of James and Cherryl to make her point against social philosophy?
3. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
4. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
5. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)