|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
(b) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
(c) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
(d) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
2. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
(a) Because she thinks they are very pretty.
(b) Because she doesn't ask him anything about the cigarettes.
(c) Because he says she's earned it.
(d) Because she forgot her cigarettes in New York.
3. What revelation does Eddie Willers get when he hears the radio broadcast?
(a) He realizes that Dagny has been wrong all the time.
(b) He discovers that James Taggart has been leading a double life.
(c) He suddenly knows who his friend in the cafeteria was.
(d) He understands why he will marry Dagny.
4. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
(a) She says that Business Unification was responsible for blowing up Wyatt oil fields.
(b) She says that Hank's signature on the gift of Rearden Metal was forged.
(c) She tells how government blackmail over her affair with Hank caused him to sign over Rearden Metal.
(d) She says that Lillian was having an affair with Wesley Mouch.
5. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
(b) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
(c) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(d) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
3. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
4. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
5. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)