|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) The address of the chief engineer.
(b) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(c) The formula for Rearden metal.
(d) Books on building aircraft.
2. Why does James Taggart insist that Rearden will always produce, even if he doesn't like the conditions?
(a) Because he always caves in.
(b) Because he will want to keep on helping Dagny.
(c) Because producing is in his blood.
(d) Because he would be bored if he did nothing.
3. What does Hank find when he returns to Rearden Metal plant?
(a) The Wet Nurse is there waiting for him.
(b) All is quite.
(c) It is in a stage of siege.
(d) Phillip is there trying to run the company.
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
(a) He is at a meeting with Orren Boyle, James Taggart, and Paul Larkin.
(b) He is at a meeting with Dagny and Owen Kellogg.
(c) He never goes to his office in Washington.
(d) He cannot get in to see the President of the United States.
5. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
(a) A cigarette butt with the $ sign on it.
(b) A pistol on Dannager's desk.
(c) A plane ticket to Europe.
(d) A note signed by John Galt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
2. What is "the chain"?
3. What does Hank Rearden finally do with his family?
4. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
5. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)