|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
(a) Paid up tuition to Harvard.
(b) Controlling interest in Rearden Metal stock.
(c) A new car.
(d) Money to start a business.
2. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) Denver, Colorado
(d) New York, NY
3. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
(b) Production on everything increases.
(c) More businesses and executives disapear.
(d) People now have more money to spend.
4. Who is the owner of the valley?
(a) Francisco d'Anconia
(b) Dr. Hendricks
(c) Midas Mulligan
(d) John Galt
5. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
(a) He probably came from somewhere around here.
(b) Maybe he couldn't find another place.
(c) He probably liked living on this earth.
(d) Maybe the Science Institute turned him down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing the piano at John Galt's house?
2. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
3. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
4. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
5. What is the doctrine Galt says is used to keep otherwise rational people in line?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)