|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
(a) James blames Dagny for the Colorado train wreck and the man who replced her suddenly has a heart condition.
(b) James Taggart admits he did not know what to do about Kip Chalmers.
(c) The Vice President who replaced Dagny takes responsibility for the wreck.
(d) Only Taggart Transcontinental remains strong while other businesses vanish.
2. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They are all capitalists.
(b) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(c) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(d) They all know who John Galt is.
3. How does Dagny now realize that the government had used her, Rearden, and other industrialists?
(a) By their helplessness.
(b) By their greed.
(c) By their love of work and producing.
(d) By their stupidity.
4. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
(a) In effect, he has won against the government.
(b) Rearden will have to comply with the government rules.
(c) Other industrialists will go out of business.
(d) Lillian's social connections are destroyed.
5. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
(a) She can return only if Hank decides to come with her.
(b) James Taggart will have to be eliminated.
(c) John Galt, her last key before the door closes forever.
(d) She will have to crash her plane again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rearden is knocked unconscious and comes to, who does he discover were helping to fight off the siege?
2. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
3. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
4. What is the doctrine Galt says is used to keep otherwise rational people in line?
5. What is the name of the regulation that effectively kills all creativity in business?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)