|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(b) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(c) John Galt invented fire.
(d) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
2. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) He was the young engineer building the revolutionary motor.
(b) He once owned the company.
(c) He once owned that factory.
(d) He is Quentin Daniel's father.
3. Dagny wants to build a narrow gauge railroad in the valley and then changes her mind. Why?
(a) The idea is ridiculous because it would serve no purpose.
(b) She is not an engineer.
(c) It will keep her from returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(d) She can't do it without Rearden Metal.
4. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
(b) She buys a plane and flies there.
(c) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(d) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
5. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
(a) Don't you want to tell Lillian about your affair with her husband?
(b) Did you get permission to use John Galt's name on your new railroad line?
(c) Have you met John Galt?
(d) Don't you want to know now: Who is John Galt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
2. What is the contrast between Dagny's response to the socialistic society and Cherryl's?
3. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
4. while John Galt is being held in a plush hotel suite, what is happening in the country?
5. Who flies over the valley looking for Dagny but cannot see the community below?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)