|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
(a) The blue Rearden Metal rails
(b) Wyatt's Torch
(c) Dagny standing by the tracks
(d) The wreck of another train
2. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
(a) His account books.
(b) His denial of any wrong doing.
(c) His civil rights.
(d) His cooperation.
3. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To marry Eddie Willers.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To become a fashion model.
(d) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
4. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
(a) The common people.
(b) Industrialists like Dagny and Rearden
(c) Billionaires like Francisco d'Anconia.
(d) The National Alliance of Railroads
5. Why does Lillian come to see James Taggart?
(a) Lillian wants to get rid of Cherryl because she is so common.
(b) Lillian wants to find out more dirt on Dagny.
(c) She thinks he is a handsome, desirable man.
(d) She thinks he is powerful enough to stop Hank from divorcing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
3. when Dagny comes to after her plane crashes in the Colorado mountains, who is the first person she sees?
4. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
5. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)