|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
(a) The aristocracy of everyone
(b) The commonality of all men
(c) The aristocracy of influence.
(d) The destruction of all aristocracy
2. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They are all capitalists.
(b) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(c) They all know who John Galt is.
(d) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
3. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
(a) A refractor ray
(b) An artificial storm cloud
(c) It is actually underground
(d) A sonic distrubance
4. What is "the chain"?
(a) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(d) A means of restraining railroad workers.
5. when Dagny comes to after her plane crashes in the Colorado mountains, who is the first person she sees?
(a) John Galt
(b) Quentin Daniels
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Hank Rearden
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of John Galt's transmitter that can block anything the government has?
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
3. Why does the siege represent a "Concerto of Deliverance"?
4. How does Dagny deal with the failure of communications on the Taggart Transcontinental when copper wire breaks and cannot be quickly replaced?
5. What is happening to trains everywhere in the nation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)