|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Galt is strapped naked to a table with electrodes attached to various parts of his body. What does that symbolize?
(a) The ultimate victory of the state
(b) The impotence of the state and the power of the individual
(c) The inadequacies of John Galt's beliefs
(d) The power of the state and the vulnerability of the individual
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Cry Me a River
(b) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(c) Halley's opera,
(d) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
3. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(b) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
(c) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(d) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
4. while John Galt is being held in a plush hotel suite, what is happening in the country?
(a) The people in Atlantis decide to assassinate Galt before he tells everything.
(b) More businesses are closing and more great minds are disappearing.
(c) Everything comes to a standstill while they wait for Galt's economic plan.
(d) The people who had disappeared return to help Galt.
5. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) Assistant Editor of
(d) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
Short Answer Questions
1. What crisis brings Rearden before the Unification Board?
2. What causes Dagny to return to Taggart Transcontinental?
3. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
4. How does Rand use the marriage of James and Cherryl to make her point against social philosophy?
5. Based on what she knows at the moment, what conclusion does Dagny draw about the disappearance of men like Wyatt?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)