|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(b) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(c) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(d) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
2. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(b) John Galt came and told him.
(c) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
(d) Francisco sent him a telegram.
3. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
(a) Because she thinks they are very pretty.
(b) Because she forgot her cigarettes in New York.
(c) Because she doesn't ask him anything about the cigarettes.
(d) Because he says she's earned it.
4. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
(a) His account books.
(b) His denial of any wrong doing.
(c) His civil rights.
(d) His cooperation.
5. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
(a) To meet the man who conceived of the idea of the motor.
(b) To create a motor from his own concept.
(c) To prove the the motor will not work.
(d) To improve the motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the former hotel suite of Francisco d'Anconia, what is the subtle meaning of that location when Rearden meets Mouch and the "Washington boys"?
2. when Dagny comes to after her plane crashes in the Colorado mountains, who is the first person she sees?
3. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
4. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
5. Who is playing the piano at John Galt's house?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)