|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(b) To try and localte John Galt.
(c) To find Francisco and marry him.
(d) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
2. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
(b) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(c) Using zinc and wind power.
(d) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
3. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Ellis Wyatt
(c) Jim Taggart
(d) Paul Larkin
4. John Galt is strapped naked to a table with electrodes attached to various parts of his body. What does that symbolize?
(a) The ultimate victory of the state
(b) The impotence of the state and the power of the individual
(c) The power of the state and the vulnerability of the individual
(d) The inadequacies of John Galt's beliefs
5. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
(b) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(c) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
(d) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
2. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
3. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
4. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
5. Who is the owner of the valley?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)