|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(b) Halley's opera,
(c) Cry Me a River
(d) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
2. while John Galt is being held in a plush hotel suite, what is happening in the country?
(a) The people in Atlantis decide to assassinate Galt before he tells everything.
(b) Everything comes to a standstill while they wait for Galt's economic plan.
(c) The people who had disappeared return to help Galt.
(d) More businesses are closing and more great minds are disappearing.
3. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
(a) He pretends to shoot Danneskjtzld who plays dead.
(b) He pulls a gun on the police and chases them off.
(c) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is his new bodyguard.
(d) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is James Taggart in disguise.
4. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(b) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(c) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
(d) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
5. How does John Galt mock the government men when the power goes out at the State Science Institute while he is still strapped to Project F?
(a) He loosens his straps and stands up.
(b) He reminds them that he is still alive.
(c) He starts telling the technician how to repair the generator.
(d) He starts telling bad jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dagny wants to build a narrow gauge railroad in the valley and then changes her mind. Why?
2. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
3. After Hank Rearden disappears, what special favor is granted Dagny by the citizens of "Atlantis"?
4. What does Dagny now realize about Francisco?
5. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)