|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) The number to a bank account
(b) A bar of gold
(c) Another gun for Hank to carry
(d) His calling card
2. What is "the chain"?
(a) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(d) A means of restraining railroad workers.
3. What message on the city calendar marquee made Rearden laugh out loud?
(a) Wanted: Someone who knows how to run a steel plant.
(b) We know who John Galt is.
(c) We declare a four day work week starting immediately.
(d) Brother, you asked for it! Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d'Anconia.
4. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) John Galt
(b) Francisco d'Anconia
(c) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(d) Eddie Willers
5. What is the contrast between Dagny's response to the socialistic society and Cherryl's?
(a) Cherryl resigns herself to poverty but Dagny finds ways of making more money.
(b) Dagny fights, but Cherryl commits suicide.
(c) Cherryl understands everything, but Dagny is confused.
(d) Dagny gives up but Cherryl makes James Taggart suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
2. How has Cherryl changed from the dime store clerk James married?
3. What does Hank Rearden finally do with his family?
4. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
5. What is happening to trains everywhere in the nation?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)