|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does Eddie Willers get when he hears the radio broadcast?
(a) He discovers that James Taggart has been leading a double life.
(b) He suddenly knows who his friend in the cafeteria was.
(c) He understands why he will marry Dagny.
(d) He realizes that Dagny has been wrong all the time.
2. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) Another gun for Hank to carry
(b) The number to a bank account
(c) His calling card
(d) A bar of gold
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(b) Anti-cooperation Rule
(c) Every man for himself Rule
(d) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
4. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(b) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(c) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(d) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
5. What is the irony of the State Science Institute's demand for 10,000 tons of Rearden Metal?
(a) It showed that the Institute had always supported Rearden.
(b) It needed the metal because it had effectively cut off steel production.
(c) It was trying to restart the economy by keeping Rearden in business.
(d) It had once tried to discredit Rearden Metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
2. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
3. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
4. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
5. What does James Taggart say that indicates he realizes the seriousness of the situation with the Unification Board?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)