|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dagny discover is working for her as a common laborer?
(a) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(b) Cuffy Meigs
(c) John Galt
(d) Eddie Willers
2. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
(b) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
(c) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
(d) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
3. Dr. Stadler talks about having known John Galt who he believes is dead. What is his recollection of Galt?
(a) Galt had the most brilliant mind he had ever encountered.
(b) Galt was an insurrectionist and trouble maker.
(c) Galt was an early leader of the communist movement.
(d) Galt was the brains behind the revolutionary motor.
4. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) He was the young engineer building the revolutionary motor.
(b) He once owned that factory.
(c) He is Quentin Daniel's father.
(d) He once owned the company.
5. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
(a) The Terminator
(b) The Enforcer
(d) The Wet Nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
2. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
3. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
4. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
5. What is the symbolism of the gold $ sign on the cigarettes?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)