|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James Taggart insist that Rearden will always produce, even if he doesn't like the conditions?
(a) Because he would be bored if he did nothing.
(b) Because he will want to keep on helping Dagny.
(c) Because producing is in his blood.
(d) Because he always caves in.
2. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(b) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
(c) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(d) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
3. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
(b) They are looking for a new car.
(c) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
(d) They are looking for scrap iron.
4. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
(a) Because she forgot her cigarettes in New York.
(b) Because she doesn't ask him anything about the cigarettes.
(c) Because he says she's earned it.
(d) Because she thinks they are very pretty.
5. How does Dagny locate John Galt?
(a) She tells a foreman to bring him to her.
(b) She gets help from the police.
(c) She finds his name and address on her payroll account.
(d) She whistles Halley's Fifth Concerto and he answers her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
2. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
3. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
4. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
5. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)