|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(b) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
(c) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
(d) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
2. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, you're a woman.
(b) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(c) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
(d) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
3. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
(a) They have not invited any rich industrialists to the party.
(b) They are all dressed in their finest and wearing flashy jewelry.
(c) They prefer not to talk about politics.
(d) They pretend to favor defeat for the the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
4. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(d) Robin Hood
5. What conflict does Rand set up within the character of Dagny Taggart?
(a) Her belief that she is actually living in a dream.
(b) To stay in the valley or return to find satisfaction in work that saves the railroad.
(c) Her discomfort at being where Francisco is.
(d) Her fear that Hank will not follow her there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
3. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
4. Based on what she knows at the moment, what conclusion does Dagny draw about the disappearance of men like Wyatt?
5. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)