|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
(a) Little white lies to get around the laws.
(b) Not really blackmail at all.
(c) A way of getting people to obey the laws and cooperate with the government.
(d) A way of manipulating people by passing aws and regulations that the influence peddlers want broken.
2. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(b) The noise of a rock concert.
(c) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(d) The atomic bomb.
3. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) John Galt
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
4. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is a noted philanthropist.
(b) He is planning to run for President.
(c) He is the diamond king.
(d) He is a worthless playboy.
5. What literary device does Rand use to show the end of Eddie's dream of one day marrying Dagny.
(a) The metaphor of watching as her train leaves in the darkness.
(b) The metaphor of darkness falling over the city.
(c) The metaphor of putting out his cigarette.
(d) The metaphor of her door closing behind her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the chain"?
2. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
3. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
4. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
5. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)