|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is planning to run for President.
(b) He is a noted philanthropist.
(c) He is a worthless playboy.
(d) He is the diamond king.
2. What conflict does Rand set up within the character of Dagny Taggart?
(a) Her discomfort at being where Francisco is.
(b) Her belief that she is actually living in a dream.
(c) To stay in the valley or return to find satisfaction in work that saves the railroad.
(d) Her fear that Hank will not follow her there.
3. What does James Taggart say that indicates he realizes the seriousness of the situation with the Unification Board?
(a) The government is going to have to print more money.
(b) If we are to perish, let's make sure that we all perish together.
(c) We'll soon have a monopoly on everything.
(d) The new regulations are working and we'll all be rich.
4. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(b) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
(c) Using zinc and wind power.
(d) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
5. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
(b) They are looking for a new car.
(c) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
(d) They are looking for scrap iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
2. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
3. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
4. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
5. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)