|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
(a) It defines the limits of a Cold War.
(b) It shows how powerful communism is and there is no way to defeat it.
(c) It shows that absolute power is good for the people in general.
(d) It takes away material things and destroys the world that capitalism has built.
2. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(b) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(c) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(d) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
3. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(b) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(c) It is rolled in colored paper.
(d) It cannot be lit.
4. What causes Dagny to return to Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) News of the tunnel wreck.
(b) Her boredom.
(c) Her disgust with Francisco.
(d) James' telephone call.
5. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
(a) They must find ways to compromise with the State.
(b) They must destroy their businesses before they let that happen.
(c) They must hold out as long as they can before complying with the State.
(d) They must find John Galt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
2. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
3. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
4. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
5. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)