|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Denver, Colorado
(b) New York, NY
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming
2. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(b) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
(c) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(d) They cannot get the steel they need.
3. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
(a) To improve the motor.
(b) To prove the the motor will not work.
(c) To meet the man who conceived of the idea of the motor.
(d) To create a motor from his own concept.
4. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
(a) Not really blackmail at all.
(b) Little white lies to get around the laws.
(c) A way of getting people to obey the laws and cooperate with the government.
(d) A way of manipulating people by passing aws and regulations that the influence peddlers want broken.
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(b) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(c) He is Hank's brother.
(d) He holds an engineering degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
3. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
4. What does Dagny's insistence on working as housemaid for John Galt say about her.
5. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)