|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(c) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(d) The atomic bomb.
2. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for scrap iron.
(b) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
(c) They are looking for a new car.
(d) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
3. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) Production on everything increases.
(b) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
(c) More businesses and executives disapear.
(d) People now have more money to spend.
4. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
(b) Railroads are a thing of the past.
(c) Who is John Galt?
(d) I'm going into business for myself.
5. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
(a) Working only for the joy of creation and invention.
(b) Refusing to help the poor.
(c) Having an affair with a married person.
(d) Taking someone's life's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. when Dagny comes to after her plane crashes in the Colorado mountains, who is the first person she sees?
2. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
3. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
4. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
5. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)