|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) More businesses and executives disapear.
(b) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
(c) Production on everything increases.
(d) People now have more money to spend.
2. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He holds an engineering degree.
(b) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(c) He is Hank's brother.
(d) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
3. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
(a) $200.00 in gold
(b) Nothing, they do everything there for free
(c) $10,000.00 in US dollars
(d) The plane cannot be repaired
4. Who is the owner of the valley?
(a) Midas Mulligan
(b) John Galt
(c) Dr. Hendricks
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
5. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
(a) Refusing to help the poor.
(b) Taking someone's life's work.
(c) Working only for the joy of creation and invention.
(d) Having an affair with a married person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
2. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
4. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
5. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)