|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
(a) He says the lawmakers do not really know what they are doing.
(b) He says that Rearden just doesn't understand what the laws are saying.
(c) He says that laws that don't work will eventually be repealed.
(d) There is no other way to rule men than to pass laws that cannot be observed, enforced or interpreted
2. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) New York, NY
(d) Denver, Colorado
3. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Books on building aircraft.
(b) The address of the chief engineer.
(c) The formula for Rearden metal.
(d) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
4. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Claude Slagenhop
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Phillip Rearden
5. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
(b) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
(c) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
(d) The close link he has to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
2. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
3. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
4. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
5. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)