|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(b) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
(c) Using zinc and wind power.
(d) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
2. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) His confused state of mind.
(b) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(c) His dream of flying.
(d) Making his pain go away.
3. Dagny wants to build a narrow gauge railroad in the valley and then changes her mind. Why?
(a) She is not an engineer.
(b) She can't do it without Rearden Metal.
(c) It will keep her from returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(d) The idea is ridiculous because it would serve no purpose.
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) Friends introduce them.
(d) In a dime store.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
2. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
3. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
4. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
5. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)