|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
(a) The aristocracy of everyone
(b) The destruction of all aristocracy
(c) The aristocracy of influence.
(d) The commonality of all men
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Spanish Revolution.
(c) The Potato Famine.
(d) The French Revolution.
3. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
(a) It is actually underground
(b) An artificial storm cloud
(c) A refractor ray
(d) A sonic distrubance
4. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) Railroads are a thing of the past.
(b) Who is John Galt?
(c) I'm going into business for myself.
(d) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
5. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Using zinc and wind power.
(b) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(c) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
(d) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
3. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
4. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
5. What is the symbolism of the gold $ sign on the cigarettes?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)