|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
(a) The Vice President who replaced Dagny takes responsibility for the wreck.
(b) James blames Dagny for the Colorado train wreck and the man who replced her suddenly has a heart condition.
(c) Only Taggart Transcontinental remains strong while other businesses vanish.
(d) James Taggart admits he did not know what to do about Kip Chalmers.
2. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
(a) A way of manipulating people by passing aws and regulations that the influence peddlers want broken.
(b) Little white lies to get around the laws.
(c) Not really blackmail at all.
(d) A way of getting people to obey the laws and cooperate with the government.
3. What literary device does Rand use to show the end of Eddie's dream of one day marrying Dagny.
(a) The metaphor of darkness falling over the city.
(b) The metaphor of watching as her train leaves in the darkness.
(c) The metaphor of her door closing behind her.
(d) The metaphor of putting out his cigarette.
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(b) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(c) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(d) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
5. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) The address of the chief engineer.
(b) Books on building aircraft.
(c) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(d) The formula for Rearden metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
2. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
3. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
4. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
5. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)