|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dagny now realize that the government had used her, Rearden, and other industrialists?
(a) By their stupidity.
(b) By their helplessness.
(c) By their love of work and producing.
(d) By their greed.
2. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
(a) They must hold out as long as they can before complying with the State.
(b) They must destroy their businesses before they let that happen.
(c) They must find John Galt.
(d) They must find ways to compromise with the State.
3. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(b) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(c) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(d) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
4. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
(a) His cooperation.
(b) His account books.
(c) His civil rights.
(d) His denial of any wrong doing.
5. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's opera,
(b) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(c) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(d) Cry Me a River
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
2. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
3. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
4. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)