|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
(a) It requires a totally new factory to build.
(b) It runs on water.
(c) It produces more power than regular engines.
(d) It draws its energy from static electricity in the atmosphere.
2. Who flies over the valley looking for Dagny but cannot see the community below?
(a) Phillip Rearden
(b) Jim Taggart
(c) Hank Rearden
(d) Eddie Willers
3. What is "the chain"?
(a) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(d) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
4. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To find Francisco and marry him.
(b) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(c) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(d) To try and localte John Galt.
5. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(b) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) They give a banquet in her honor.
(d) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
2. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
3. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
4. Who is the handsome blond man Dagny meets on her first morning in the valley?
5. A theme that runs throughout ATLAS SHRUGGED is one which shows strength and character outside but emptiness and moral corruption inside. What metaphor does Ayn Rand use to illustrate this idea?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)