|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
(a) Other industrialists will go out of business.
(b) Rearden will have to comply with the government rules.
(c) Lillian's social connections are destroyed.
(d) In effect, he has won against the government.
2. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) Railroads are a thing of the past.
(b) I'm going into business for myself.
(c) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
(d) Who is John Galt?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
(b) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(c) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
(d) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
4. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
(a) He burns his money in the fireplace.
(b) He buys Cherryl an improbably large diamond.
(c) He gives his money to Lillian.
(d) He gives a hundred dollar bill to a beggar.
5. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
(a) The Wet Nurse
(c) The Enforcer
(d) The Terminator
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
2. How has Cherryl changed from the dime store clerk James married?
3. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
4. What is the contrast between Dagny's response to the socialistic society and Cherryl's?
5. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)