|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
(a) Working only for the joy of creation and invention.
(b) Having an affair with a married person.
(c) Refusing to help the poor.
(d) Taking someone's life's work.
2. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
(b) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
(c) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
(d) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
3. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
(a) He burns his money in the fireplace.
(b) He gives his money to Lillian.
(c) He buys Cherryl an improbably large diamond.
(d) He gives a hundred dollar bill to a beggar.
4. Why is James Taggart marrying Cherryl Brooks, the dime store clerk?
(a) To make an honest woman out of her because he got her pregnant
(b) To prove that communism will not work
(c) To show that he helps the underpriviliged
(d) To find real happiness
5. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
(a) Dannager really does not want to see Dagny.
(b) There is a mysterious man in his office.
(c) Dannager blames Dagny for his legal problems.
(d) Dagny came without an appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
4. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
5. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)