|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(b) Every man for himself Rule
(c) Anti-cooperation Rule
(d) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
2. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
(a) By promising him that he can continue to run the company.
(b) By threatening to expose his affair with Dagny.
(c) By convincing him it is the right thing to do.
(d) By holding Lillian hostage.
3. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
(b) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
(c) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
(d) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
4. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
(b) Railroads are a thing of the past.
(c) I'm going into business for myself.
(d) Who is John Galt?
5. How does James Taggart retain his position as President of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) His firing of Dagny.
(b) He pays exhorbitant bribes.
(c) He joins the influence peddlers from Washington.
(d) His marriage to Cherryl which shows he is for the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
2. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
3. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
4. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
5. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)