|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
(a) He burns his money in the fireplace.
(b) He buys Cherryl an improbably large diamond.
(c) He gives his money to Lillian.
(d) He gives a hundred dollar bill to a beggar.
2. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
(a) Oh well, you need to stop smoking anyway.
(b) Oh well, next time I'll save you a paper.
(c) Oh well, who is John Galt?
(d) Oh well, we'll have your cigarettes tomorrow.
3. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
(b) That she could no longer see him.
(c) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(d) That Francisco was her first lover.
4. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
(a) James blames Dagny for the Colorado train wreck and the man who replced her suddenly has a heart condition.
(b) The Vice President who replaced Dagny takes responsibility for the wreck.
(c) James Taggart admits he did not know what to do about Kip Chalmers.
(d) Only Taggart Transcontinental remains strong while other businesses vanish.
5. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To become a fashion model.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
(d) To marry Eddie Willers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
2. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
3. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
4. Dagny wants to build a narrow gauge railroad in the valley and then changes her mind. Why?
5. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)