|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
(a) As an octopus.
(b) As a shark.
(c) As a great philanthropist.
(d) As an alligator.
2. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Books on building aircraft.
(b) The address of the chief engineer.
(c) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(d) The formula for Rearden metal.
3. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He is Hank's brother.
(b) He holds an engineering degree.
(c) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(d) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
4. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
(a) Dagny came without an appointment.
(b) Dannager really does not want to see Dagny.
(c) Dannager blames Dagny for his legal problems.
(d) There is a mysterious man in his office.
5. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(b) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(c) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(d) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand use the history of Twentieth Century Motors to define communism?
2. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
3. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
4. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
5. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)