|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) Friends introduce them.
(b) In a dime store.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) At the train station.
2. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(b) It is in Dagny's office.
(c) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(d) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
3. What causes Dagny to resign from Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Directive 10-289
(b) The closing of the John Galt Line
(c) Francisco's telephone call
(d) Eddie's resignation
4. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
(b) Nobody really knows who he is.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) He went to the university under an assumed name.
5. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
(a) Other industrialists will go out of business.
(b) Rearden will have to comply with the government rules.
(c) In effect, he has won against the government.
(d) Lillian's social connections are destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
2. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
3. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
4. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
5. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)