|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
(a) To create a motor from his own concept.
(b) To meet the man who conceived of the idea of the motor.
(c) To prove the the motor will not work.
(d) To improve the motor.
2. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) Where have all the flowers gone?
(b) What happened to New York City?
(c) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(d) Who is John Galt?
3. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
(a) His civil rights.
(b) His account books.
(c) His cooperation.
(d) His denial of any wrong doing.
4. What is happening to trains everywhere in the nation?
(a) They all derail.
(b) They run out of coal.
(c) They are abandoned and the crews vanish.
(d) They stop running because of fear after the tunnel wreck.
5. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
(b) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
(c) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(d) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
2. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
3. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
4. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
5. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)