|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
(a) The commonality of all men
(b) The aristocracy of everyone
(c) The destruction of all aristocracy
(d) The aristocracy of influence.
2. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
(a) He says he gave them the wrong location because he knew what they would do.
(b) He says the mines are not worthless bacuse they contain silver.
(c) He says he gave them the mines to do with as they pleased.
(d) He says he wanted to contribute to the Mexican economy.
3. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
(a) A composition to a dead oak tree.
(b) The theme song of the Taggart Transcontinental Railway.
(c) A composition by Richard Halley.
(d) An undiscovered work my Mozart.
4. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
(b) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
(c) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
(d) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
5. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
(a) He probably came from somewhere around here.
(b) Maybe he couldn't find another place.
(c) Maybe the Science Institute turned him down.
(d) He probably liked living on this earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the chain"?
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
3. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
4. Why does Dannager refuse to say "Good-bye" to Dagny?
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)