|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(c) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(d) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
2. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
(a) He says that Rearden just doesn't understand what the laws are saying.
(b) There is no other way to rule men than to pass laws that cannot be observed, enforced or interpreted
(c) He says that laws that don't work will eventually be repealed.
(d) He says the lawmakers do not really know what they are doing.
3. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) People now have more money to spend.
(b) More businesses and executives disapear.
(c) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
(d) Production on everything increases.
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
(b) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
(c) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(d) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
5. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
(a) On his walk at night.
(b) At his apartment in the city.
(c) In Dagny's cabin.
(d) In the ruins of Rearden Metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
2. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
4. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
5. What is the symbolism of the gold $ sign on the cigarettes?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)