|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Paul Larkin
(b) Ellis Wyatt
(c) Jim Taggart
(d) Hank Rearden
2. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Books on building aircraft.
(b) The formula for Rearden metal.
(c) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(d) The address of the chief engineer.
3. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
(b) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
(c) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(d) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
4. How does Rand use the marriage of James and Cherryl to make her point against social philosophy?
(a) Like communism, it is a sham based on lies and deception.
(b) It shows that the rich and the poor are really equal.
(c) It shows that poor people do not lack social graces.
(d) It is an improbable love story.
5. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(b) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(c) It cannot be lit.
(d) It is rolled in colored paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
2. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
3. What is the name of the regulation that effectively kills all creativity in business?
4. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
5. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)