|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is James Taggart marrying Cherryl Brooks, the dime store clerk?
(a) To make an honest woman out of her because he got her pregnant
(b) To find real happiness
(c) To prove that communism will not work
(d) To show that he helps the underpriviliged
2. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
(a) Oh well, you need to stop smoking anyway.
(b) Oh well, who is John Galt?
(c) Oh well, we'll have your cigarettes tomorrow.
(d) Oh well, next time I'll save you a paper.
3. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
(a) That's quiet all right. I'm the man.
(b) Don't tell my dress maker.
(c) What am I? Chopped liver?
(d) You're welcome to the job.
4. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
(a) He probably liked living on this earth.
(b) He probably came from somewhere around here.
(c) Maybe the Science Institute turned him down.
(d) Maybe he couldn't find another place.
5. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To marry Eddie Willers.
(b) To become a fashion model.
(c) To study in Paris.
(d) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
2. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
4. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
5. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)