|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, you're a woman.
(b) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(c) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(d) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
2. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
(a) He says the mines are not worthless bacuse they contain silver.
(b) He says he gave them the mines to do with as they pleased.
(c) He says he gave them the wrong location because he knew what they would do.
(d) He says he wanted to contribute to the Mexican economy.
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Every man for himself Rule
(b) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(c) Anti-cooperation Rule
(d) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
4. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(b) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(d) They give a banquet in her honor.
5. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
(a) To prove the the motor will not work.
(b) To improve the motor.
(c) To create a motor from his own concept.
(d) To meet the man who conceived of the idea of the motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
2. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
3. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
4. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
5. What causes Dagny to resign from Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)