|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
(b) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
(c) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(d) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
2. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) More businesses and executives disapear.
(b) People now have more money to spend.
(c) Production on everything increases.
(d) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
3. Dr. Stadler talks about having known John Galt who he believes is dead. What is his recollection of Galt?
(a) Galt was an insurrectionist and trouble maker.
(b) Galt had the most brilliant mind he had ever encountered.
(c) Galt was the brains behind the revolutionary motor.
(d) Galt was an early leader of the communist movement.
4. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He takes credit for its success.
(b) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(c) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(d) He decides to build a new line of his own.
5. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Henry Rearden
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Dwight Sanders
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
2. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
3. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
4. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
5. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)