|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
(a) Because he is a supporter of the Equalization of Opportunity Bill
(b) Because he is a pirate who seizes relief supplies intended for communist societies.
(c) Because he is the only one who can save socialism.
(d) Because he has a strange name that they don't trust.
2. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
(b) He went to the university under an assumed name.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) Nobody really knows who he is.
3. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(b) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(c) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(d) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
4. What does James Taggart say that indicates he realizes the seriousness of the situation with the Unification Board?
(a) The new regulations are working and we'll all be rich.
(b) If we are to perish, let's make sure that we all perish together.
(c) We'll soon have a monopoly on everything.
(d) The government is going to have to print more money.
5. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
(b) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(c) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
(d) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
2. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
3. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
4. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
5. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)