|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) In a dime store.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) Friends introduce them.
(d) At the train station.
2. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It cannot be lit.
(b) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(c) It is rolled in colored paper.
(d) It is made of unusual tobacco.
3. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
(a) He could finish the work Quentin Daniels had started.
(b) He turned out to be John Galt.
(c) He knew how to operate a train.
(d) The man, Jeff Allen, once worked at Twentieth Century Motors.
4. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
(a) By holding Lillian hostage.
(b) By threatening to expose his affair with Dagny.
(c) By promising him that he can continue to run the company.
(d) By convincing him it is the right thing to do.
5. What is "the chain"?
(a) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(b) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(c) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(d) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
2. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
3. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
4. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
5. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)