|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
(b) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
(c) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(d) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
2. What causes Dagny to resign from Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Directive 10-289
(b) Francisco's telephone call
(c) Eddie's resignation
(d) The closing of the John Galt Line
3. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
(a) Don't you want to know now: Who is John Galt?
(b) Did you get permission to use John Galt's name on your new railroad line?
(c) Have you met John Galt?
(d) Don't you want to tell Lillian about your affair with her husband?
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
(a) He cannot get in to see the President of the United States.
(b) He is at a meeting with Dagny and Owen Kellogg.
(c) He never goes to his office in Washington.
(d) He is at a meeting with Orren Boyle, James Taggart, and Paul Larkin.
5. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the gold $ sign on the cigarettes?
2. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
4. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
5. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)