|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(b) The formula for Rearden metal.
(c) Books on building aircraft.
(d) The address of the chief engineer.
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) Assistant Editor of
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
3. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They all know who John Galt is.
(b) They are all capitalists.
(c) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(d) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
(a) He never goes to his office in Washington.
(b) He is at a meeting with Dagny and Owen Kellogg.
(c) He cannot get in to see the President of the United States.
(d) He is at a meeting with Orren Boyle, James Taggart, and Paul Larkin.
5. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
(a) Maybe the Science Institute turned him down.
(b) Maybe he couldn't find another place.
(c) He probably liked living on this earth.
(d) He probably came from somewhere around here.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
2. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
3. What is the name of the regulation that effectively kills all creativity in business?
4. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
5. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)