|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(b) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(c) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(d) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
2. A theme that runs throughout ATLAS SHRUGGED is one which shows strength and character outside but emptiness and moral corruption inside. What metaphor does Ayn Rand use to illustrate this idea?
(a) The deteriorization of New York City.
(b) The engine of a Taggart train.
(c) The flaws in Rearden steel.
(d) The old oak tree that was struck by lightning.
3. Who comes to visit the dejected Dagny at her cabin near Woodstock?
4. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Train engines and coal mines
(b) Copper mines and freight companies
(c) Copper mines and coal mines
(d) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
5. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To marry Eddie Willers.
(c) To become a fashion model.
(d) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
2. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
3. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
4. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)