|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) In a dime store.
(b) Friends introduce them.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) At the train station.
2. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
(b) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
(c) The close link he has to his mother.
(d) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(c) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(d) Assistant Editor of
4. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
(a) He says the mines are not worthless bacuse they contain silver.
(b) He says he gave them the mines to do with as they pleased.
(c) He says he wanted to contribute to the Mexican economy.
(d) He says he gave them the wrong location because he knew what they would do.
5. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
(a) As an octopus.
(b) As an alligator.
(c) As a shark.
(d) As a great philanthropist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
4. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
5. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)