|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(b) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Potato Famine.
(b) The Spanish Revolution.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The French Revolution.
3. Based on what she knows at the moment, what conclusion does Dagny draw about the disappearance of men like Wyatt?
(a) She thinks they are all joining the communist movement.
(b) She believes there is a destroyer.
(c) She thinks they are being kidnapped by the government.
(d) She believes they are secretly working on her railroad line.
4. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(b) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(c) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(d) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
5. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
(a) A plane ticket to Europe.
(b) A cigarette butt with the $ sign on it.
(c) A note signed by John Galt.
(d) A pistol on Dannager's desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
3. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)