|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It cannot be lit.
(b) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(c) It is rolled in colored paper.
(d) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
2. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(b) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(c) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(d) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Potato Famine.
(c) The Spanish Revolution.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
(a) Don't you want to know now: Who is John Galt?
(b) Have you met John Galt?
(c) Don't you want to tell Lillian about your affair with her husband?
(d) Did you get permission to use John Galt's name on your new railroad line?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
2. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
3. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
4. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
5. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)