|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He takes credit for its success.
(b) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(c) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(d) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(b) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(c) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
(d) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
3. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) Their wedding anniversary.
(b) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(c) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(d) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
4. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
(a) The Wet Nurse
(b) The Enforcer
(c) The Terminator
5. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
2. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
3. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
5. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)