|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
(a) It produces more power than regular engines.
(b) It requires a totally new factory to build.
(c) It runs on water.
(d) It draws its energy from static electricity in the atmosphere.
2. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(b) Dagny, you're a woman.
(c) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(d) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
3. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(b) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
(c) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(d) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(b) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(c) Cry Me a River
(d) Halley's opera,
5. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To become a fashion model.
(c) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
(d) To marry Eddie Willers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of the State Science Institute's demand for 10,000 tons of Rearden Metal?
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
3. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
4. What is "the chain"?
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)