|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Copper mines and coal mines
(b) Copper mines and freight companies
(c) Train engines and coal mines
(d) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
2. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
(b) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
(c) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
(d) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
3. Dr. Stadler talks about having known John Galt who he believes is dead. What is his recollection of Galt?
(a) Galt had the most brilliant mind he had ever encountered.
(b) Galt was an insurrectionist and trouble maker.
(c) Galt was the brains behind the revolutionary motor.
(d) Galt was an early leader of the communist movement.
4. Why does Dannager refuse to say "Good-bye" to Dagny?
(a) Because he is glad to be getting away from her.
(b) Because she will join him where he is going one day.
(c) Because she has no idea that he is leaving.
(d) Because he doesn't want her to know his plans.
5. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Making his pain go away.
(b) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(c) His dream of flying.
(d) His confused state of mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
2. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
3. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
4. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
5. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)