|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(b) It is rolled in colored paper.
(c) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(d) It cannot be lit.
2. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Francisco d'Anconia
(c) Dwight Sanders
(d) Henry Rearden
3. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) Friends introduce them.
(b) In a dime store.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) At the train station.
4. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(b) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(c) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(d) He takes credit for its success.
5. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) New York, NY
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(d) Denver, Colorado
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
2. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
3. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
4. A theme that runs throughout ATLAS SHRUGGED is one which shows strength and character outside but emptiness and moral corruption inside. What metaphor does Ayn Rand use to illustrate this idea?
5. How does Dr. Ferris explain to Rearden the many laws that are being passed by the State?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)