|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To marry Eddie Willers.
(c) To become a fashion model.
(d) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
2. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Making his pain go away.
(b) His dream of flying.
(c) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(d) His confused state of mind.
3. Based on what she knows at the moment, what conclusion does Dagny draw about the disappearance of men like Wyatt?
(a) She thinks they are being kidnapped by the government.
(b) She believes there is a destroyer.
(c) She believes they are secretly working on her railroad line.
(d) She thinks they are all joining the communist movement.
4. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They are all capitalists.
(b) They all know who John Galt is.
(c) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(d) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
5. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
(a) As a great philanthropist.
(b) As a shark.
(c) As an alligator.
(d) As an octopus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
4. Why does Dannager refuse to say "Good-bye" to Dagny?
5. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)