|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(c) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(d) They give a banquet in her honor.
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Every man for himself Rule
(b) Anti-cooperation Rule
(c) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(d) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
4. What is the irony of the State Science Institute's demand for 10,000 tons of Rearden Metal?
(a) It had once tried to discredit Rearden Metal.
(b) It needed the metal because it had effectively cut off steel production.
(c) It showed that the Institute had always supported Rearden.
(d) It was trying to restart the economy by keeping Rearden in business.
5. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(c) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(d) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
3. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
5. When Dr. Stadler questions why the man who was developing the revolutionary motor was working in a factory research lab, what is Dagny's reply?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)