|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) Nobody really knows who he is.
(b) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(c) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
(d) He went to the university under an assumed name.
2. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(b) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(c) He says she already knows.
(d) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
3. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
(b) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
(c) The close link he has to his mother.
(d) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
4. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(b) Dagny, you're a woman.
(c) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(d) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
5. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(c) John Galt
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
2. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
3. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
4. How does Rand use the marriage of James and Cherryl to make her point against social philosophy?
5. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)