|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
(b) They are looking for a new car.
(c) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
(d) They are looking for scrap iron.
2. Why does Dannager refuse to say "Good-bye" to Dagny?
(a) Because she has no idea that he is leaving.
(b) Because she will join him where he is going one day.
(c) Because he is glad to be getting away from her.
(d) Because he doesn't want her to know his plans.
3. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) Nobody really knows who he is.
(b) He went to the university under an assumed name.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(b) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(c) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(d) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
5. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(b) It is not a true socialist idea.
(c) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
(d) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
2. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
3. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
4. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
5. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)