|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They give a banquet in her honor.
(b) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(d) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(b) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
3. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
(a) That it is going to help the communist government.
(b) That is was not her idea.
(c) That the Mexican government will subsidise it.
(d) That it is using Rearden steel rails.
4. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) New York, NY
(b) Denver, Colorado
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming
5. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(b) They are all capitalists.
(c) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(d) They all know who John Galt is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
2. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
4. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
5. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)