|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Henry Rearden
(b) Francisco d'Anconia
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Dwight Sanders
2. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(b) It is not a true socialist idea.
(c) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(d) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Assistant Editor of
4. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He holds an engineering degree.
(b) He is Hank's brother.
(c) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(d) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
5. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is the diamond king.
(b) He is planning to run for President.
(c) He is a noted philanthropist.
(d) He is a worthless playboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
3. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
4. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
5. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)