|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
(a) It draws its energy from static electricity in the atmosphere.
(b) It requires a totally new factory to build.
(c) It runs on water.
(d) It produces more power than regular engines.
2. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
(a) You're welcome to the job.
(b) Don't tell my dress maker.
(c) What am I? Chopped liver?
(d) That's quiet all right. I'm the man.
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Spanish Revolution.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Potato Famine.
4. Why does Dagny have to wait to get in to see Dannager when she goes to see him before his trial?
(a) Dagny came without an appointment.
(b) Dannager really does not want to see Dagny.
(c) There is a mysterious man in his office.
(d) Dannager blames Dagny for his legal problems.
5. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
(a) They must find John Galt.
(b) They must find ways to compromise with the State.
(c) They must destroy their businesses before they let that happen.
(d) They must hold out as long as they can before complying with the State.
Short Answer Questions
1. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
2. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
3. What is "the chain"?
4. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
5. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)