|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
(b) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(c) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(d) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
2. A theme that runs throughout ATLAS SHRUGGED is one which shows strength and character outside but emptiness and moral corruption inside. What metaphor does Ayn Rand use to illustrate this idea?
(a) The deteriorization of New York City.
(b) The engine of a Taggart train.
(c) The old oak tree that was struck by lightning.
(d) The flaws in Rearden steel.
3. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
(a) That Rearden represents the blackest element of social retrogression in the country.
(b) That it is an indignificant business that will likely fail.
(c) That Rearden Steel will be its largest contributor.
(d) That Rearden Steel will one day belong to them.
4. What does Dagny notice before leaving Dannager's office?
(a) A pistol on Dannager's desk.
(b) A plane ticket to Europe.
(c) A cigarette butt with the $ sign on it.
(d) A note signed by John Galt.
5. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(c) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(d) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
2. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
3. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
4. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
5. Why does Dannager refuse to say "Good-bye" to Dagny?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)