|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dannager refuse to say "Good-bye" to Dagny?
(a) Because she has no idea that he is leaving.
(b) Because he is glad to be getting away from her.
(c) Because he doesn't want her to know his plans.
(d) Because she will join him where he is going one day.
2. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
(a) She accuses him of lying.
(b) She praises him for his generosity.
(c) She says the idea is despicable.
(d) She agrees that the motives were pure.
3. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It is not a true socialist idea.
(b) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(c) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
(d) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(b) Cry Me a River
(c) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(d) Halley's opera,
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(b) He is Hank's brother.
(c) He holds an engineering degree.
(d) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
2. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
3. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
4. What is "the chain"?
5. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)