|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
(a) He says he gave them the wrong location because he knew what they would do.
(b) He says the mines are not worthless bacuse they contain silver.
(c) He says he gave them the mines to do with as they pleased.
(d) He says he wanted to contribute to the Mexican economy.
2. What is "the chain"?
(a) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(b) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(c) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(d) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
3. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) New York, NY
(b) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(c) Denver, Colorado
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Francisco d'Anconia
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Claude Slagenhop
(d) Phillip Rearden
5. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) James Ellis Wyatt
(c) Hank Rearden
(d) John Galt
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
2. What happens after the disappearance of Wyatt and his vast Colorado oil fields?
3. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
5. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)