|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
(a) Industrialists like Dagny and Rearden
(b) Billionaires like Francisco d'Anconia.
(c) The common people.
(d) The National Alliance of Railroads
2. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Jim Taggart
(b) Ellis Wyatt
(c) Hank Rearden
(d) Paul Larkin
3. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
4. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is planning to run for President.
(b) He is a noted philanthropist.
(c) He is a worthless playboy.
(d) He is the diamond king.
5. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
(a) The Terminator
(b) The Wet Nurse
(d) The Enforcer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
2. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
3. What is the irony of the State Science Institute's demand for 10,000 tons of Rearden Metal?
4. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
5. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)