|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the disappearance of Wyatt and his vast Colorado oil fields?
(a) The government reopens the Wyatt oil fields and everything gets back to normal.
(b) Small companies cannot supply enough oil to fill the demand.
(c) Mine owners begin blowing up their mines.
(d) Project X provides a new and better fuel.
2. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
(a) That Rearden represents the blackest element of social retrogression in the country.
(b) That Rearden Steel will be its largest contributor.
(c) That Rearden Steel will one day belong to them.
(d) That it is an indignificant business that will likely fail.
3. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(b) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
4. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Ellis Wyatt
(b) Paul Larkin
(c) Hank Rearden
(d) Jim Taggart
5. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Revolution.
(b) The Potato Famine.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
2. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
3. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
4. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)