|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(b) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(c) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(d) He says she already knows.
2. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
(b) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
(c) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
(d) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
3. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(c) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(d) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
4. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(d) Secretary of the Interior
5. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To marry Eddie Willers.
(b) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
(c) To study in Paris.
(d) To become a fashion model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
2. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
3. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
4. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
5. What happens after the disappearance of Wyatt and his vast Colorado oil fields?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)