|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(b) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
2. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
(b) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
(c) The close link he has to his mother.
(d) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
3. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(b) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
4. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) The address of the chief engineer.
(b) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(c) Books on building aircraft.
(d) The formula for Rearden metal.
5. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(b) John Galt
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
4. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
5. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)