|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
2. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
(a) They are all against the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(b) They are all capitalists.
(c) They all know who John Galt is.
(d) The all support the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
3. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) He went to the university under an assumed name.
(b) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) Nobody really knows who he is.
4. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It cannot be lit.
(b) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(c) It is rolled in colored paper.
(d) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
5. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
(a) He says the mines are not worthless bacuse they contain silver.
(b) He says he gave them the mines to do with as they pleased.
(c) He says he gave them the wrong location because he knew what they would do.
(d) He says he wanted to contribute to the Mexican economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
2. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
3. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
5. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)