|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
(b) The Enforcer
(c) The Wet Nurse
(d) The Terminator
2. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for a new car.
(b) They are looking for scrap iron.
(c) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
(d) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
3. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
4. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is the diamond king.
(b) He is planning to run for President.
(c) He is a noted philanthropist.
(d) He is a worthless playboy.
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(b) He is Hank's brother.
(c) He holds an engineering degree.
(d) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
3. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
4. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
5. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)