|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(b) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(c) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(d) He takes credit for its success.
2. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
3. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) What happened to New York City?
(b) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(c) Where have all the flowers gone?
(d) Who is John Galt?
4. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Francisco d'Anconia
(c) Claude Slagenhop
(d) Phillip Rearden
5. What happens after the disappearance of Wyatt and his vast Colorado oil fields?
(a) Project X provides a new and better fuel.
(b) The government reopens the Wyatt oil fields and everything gets back to normal.
(c) Mine owners begin blowing up their mines.
(d) Small companies cannot supply enough oil to fill the demand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the chain"?
2. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
3. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
4. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
5. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)