|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(b) It is rolled in colored paper.
(c) It cannot be lit.
(d) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
2. What is "the chain"?
(a) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(d) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
3. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is planning to run for President.
(b) He is a noted philanthropist.
(c) He is the diamond king.
(d) He is a worthless playboy.
4. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
(a) Oh well, you need to stop smoking anyway.
(b) Oh well, who is John Galt?
(c) Oh well, next time I'll save you a paper.
(d) Oh well, we'll have your cigarettes tomorrow.
5. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for a new car.
(b) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
(c) They are looking for scrap iron.
(d) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
2. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
3. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
4. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)