|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
(b) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(b) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
(c) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
(d) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
3. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
(b) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(c) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(d) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(b) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(c) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(d) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
(a) He plays a game of marbles on the hotel room floor.
(b) He plays poker with the Mexican President in a winner-take-all game.
(c) He knows the mines are worthless and wants to watch them go down with their own greed.
(d) He plays charades but no one can guess his subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Stadler talks about having known John Galt who he believes is dead. What is his recollection of Galt?
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
3. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
4. What happens after the disappearance of Wyatt and his vast Colorado oil fields?
5. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)