|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
(a) He is at a meeting with Dagny and Owen Kellogg.
(b) He is at a meeting with Orren Boyle, James Taggart, and Paul Larkin.
(c) He never goes to his office in Washington.
(d) He cannot get in to see the President of the United States.
2. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He takes credit for its success.
(b) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(c) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(d) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
3. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(b) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
4. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(b) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(c) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(d) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
5. Dr. Stadler talks about having known John Galt who he believes is dead. What is his recollection of Galt?
(a) Galt had the most brilliant mind he had ever encountered.
(b) Galt was the brains behind the revolutionary motor.
(c) Galt was an insurrectionist and trouble maker.
(d) Galt was an early leader of the communist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
5. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)