|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
(a) They pretend to favor defeat for the the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(b) They have not invited any rich industrialists to the party.
(c) They are all dressed in their finest and wearing flashy jewelry.
(d) They prefer not to talk about politics.
2. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(d) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) Assistant Editor of
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
4. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
(b) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
(c) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
(d) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
5. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) We are.
(b) An advertising gimmick.
(c) Who cares?
(d) I'll never tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
3. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
4. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
5. What happens after the disappearance of Wyatt and his vast Colorado oil fields?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)