|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(b) They cannot get the steel they need.
(c) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(d) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
2. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To find Francisco and marry him.
(b) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(c) To try and localte John Galt.
(d) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) I'll never tell.
(b) We are.
(c) Who cares?
(d) An advertising gimmick.
4. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(b) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(c) It cannot be lit.
(d) It is rolled in colored paper.
5. Because of the Equity of Distribution Law, there is now a Deputy Director of Distribution handling all of Rearden Metal's orders. What is his nickname?
(b) The Wet Nurse
(c) The Enforcer
(d) The Terminator
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the chain"?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
4. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
5. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)