|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) In a dime store.
(b) Friends introduce them.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) At the train station.
2. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) James Ellis Wyatt
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) John Galt
(d) Eddie Willers
3. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
(b) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(c) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(d) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
4. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
(a) Because he is a supporter of the Equalization of Opportunity Bill
(b) Because he has a strange name that they don't trust.
(c) Because he is a pirate who seizes relief supplies intended for communist societies.
(d) Because he is the only one who can save socialism.
5. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(b) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
3. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
4. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
5. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)