|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1 "The Man Who Belonged on Earth".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Ellis Wyatt
(b) Jim Taggart
(c) Paul Larkin
(d) Hank Rearden
2. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
(b) Their wedding anniversary.
(c) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(d) A celebration of Rearden metal.
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Spanish Revolution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Potato Famine.
4. What is the irony of the State Science Institute's demand for 10,000 tons of Rearden Metal?
(a) It had once tried to discredit Rearden Metal.
(b) It needed the metal because it had effectively cut off steel production.
(c) It was trying to restart the economy by keeping Rearden in business.
(d) It showed that the Institute had always supported Rearden.
5. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) John Galt
(b) Eddie Willers
(c) Hank Rearden
(d) James Ellis Wyatt
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rearden's suggestion to Dagny about giving in to the state?
2. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
3. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
4. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
5. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)