|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(b) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(c) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(d) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
2. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) John Galt
(b) Eddie Willers
(c) James Ellis Wyatt
(d) Hank Rearden
3. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Jim Taggart
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Paul Larkin
(d) Ellis Wyatt
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(b) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(c) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(d) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
5. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) His dream of flying.
(b) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(c) Making his pain go away.
(d) His confused state of mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
2. At the anniversary party, what do Dr. Pritchett, Balph Eubank, and Mort Mort Liddy have in common?
3. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
4. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
5. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)