|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Potato Famine.
(c) The Spanish Revolution.
(d) The French Revolution.
2. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
(a) As an octopus.
(b) As an alligator.
(c) As a shark.
(d) As a great philanthropist.
3. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(b) His confused state of mind.
(c) His dream of flying.
(d) Making his pain go away.
4. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Paul Larkin
(b) Jim Taggart
(c) Ellis Wyatt
(d) Hank Rearden
5. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
(a) Because he is a pirate who seizes relief supplies intended for communist societies.
(b) Because he has a strange name that they don't trust.
(c) Because he is the only one who can save socialism.
(d) Because he is a supporter of the Equalization of Opportunity Bill
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
3. What is "the chain"?
4. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
5. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)