|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
(a) Because he is a pirate who seizes relief supplies intended for communist societies.
(b) Because he is a supporter of the Equalization of Opportunity Bill
(c) Because he has a strange name that they don't trust.
(d) Because he is the only one who can save socialism.
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
(b) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(c) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
(d) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
3. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, you're a woman.
(b) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
(c) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(d) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(b) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(c) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(d) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
5. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(b) Cry Me a River
(c) Halley's opera,
(d) Halley's Fourth Concerto
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
2. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
3. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
4. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
5. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)