|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is a worthless playboy.
(b) He is planning to run for President.
(c) He is the diamond king.
(d) He is a noted philanthropist.
2. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
(a) They prefer not to talk about politics.
(b) They are all dressed in their finest and wearing flashy jewelry.
(c) They pretend to favor defeat for the the Equalization of Opportunity Bill.
(d) They have not invited any rich industrialists to the party.
3. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(b) It is not a true socialist idea.
(c) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
(d) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
4. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(b) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
5. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) John Galt
(c) James Ellis Wyatt
(d) Eddie Willers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
2. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
3. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
4. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
5. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)