|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(b) To find Francisco and marry him.
(c) To try and localte John Galt.
(d) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
2. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) What happened to New York City?
(b) Where have all the flowers gone?
(c) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(d) Who is John Galt?
3. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(b) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(c) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(d) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
4. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
(a) He knows the mines are worthless and wants to watch them go down with their own greed.
(b) He plays poker with the Mexican President in a winner-take-all game.
(c) He plays a game of marbles on the hotel room floor.
(d) He plays charades but no one can guess his subject.
5. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(b) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(c) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(d) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
2. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
3. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
4. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)