|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertram Scudder, editor of "The Future" magazine, characterize Hank Rearden?
(a) As an alligator.
(b) As a shark.
(c) As an octopus.
(d) As a great philanthropist.
2. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) James Ellis Wyatt
(b) Eddie Willers
(c) John Galt
(d) Hank Rearden
3. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(b) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(c) Dagny, you're a woman.
(d) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
4. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It is not a true socialist idea.
(b) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
(c) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(d) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
5. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To try and localte John Galt.
(b) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(c) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(d) To find Francisco and marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand use the party to show the superficiality of the communist guests?
2. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
3. What is "the chain"?
4. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)