|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
(a) That the Mexican government will subsidise it.
(b) That is was not her idea.
(c) That it is using Rearden steel rails.
(d) That it is going to help the communist government.
2. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Paul Larkin
(c) Jim Taggart
(d) Ellis Wyatt
3. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To find Francisco and marry him.
(b) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(c) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(d) To try and localte John Galt.
4. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says she already knows.
(b) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(c) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(d) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
5. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
(b) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(c) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(d) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
4. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
5. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)