|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(b) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(c) To find Francisco and marry him.
(d) To try and localte John Galt.
2. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(b) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(c) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(d) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
3. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(c) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(d) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
4. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
(a) That the Mexican government will subsidise it.
(b) That is was not her idea.
(c) That it is going to help the communist government.
(d) That it is using Rearden steel rails.
5. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(b) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(c) He says she already knows.
(d) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
3. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
4. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
5. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)