|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(b) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(c) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(d) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(b) Cry Me a River
(c) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(d) Halley's opera,
3. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
(a) That Rearden Steel will one day belong to them.
(b) That Rearden represents the blackest element of social retrogression in the country.
(c) That Rearden Steel will be its largest contributor.
(d) That it is an indignificant business that will likely fail.
4. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He is Hank's brother.
(b) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(c) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(d) He holds an engineering degree.
5. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
(b) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(c) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(d) Dagny, you're a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
2. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
3. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
4. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
5. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)