|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(b) What happened to New York City?
(c) Who is John Galt?
(d) Where have all the flowers gone?
2. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(b) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(c) He is Hank's brother.
(d) He holds an engineering degree.
3. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
(a) He says he gave them the wrong location because he knew what they would do.
(b) He says the mines are not worthless bacuse they contain silver.
(c) He says he wanted to contribute to the Mexican economy.
(d) He says he gave them the mines to do with as they pleased.
4. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
(a) Oh well, we'll have your cigarettes tomorrow.
(b) Oh well, who is John Galt?
(c) Oh well, you need to stop smoking anyway.
(d) Oh well, next time I'll save you a paper.
5. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is the diamond king.
(b) He is a worthless playboy.
(c) He is a noted philanthropist.
(d) He is planning to run for President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
2. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
5. Why are the guests at the party so eager to discuss the capture of Ragnar Danneskjtzld?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)