|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
(c) To marry Eddie Willers.
(d) To become a fashion model.
2. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(b) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(c) To try and localte John Galt.
(d) To find Francisco and marry him.
3. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(b) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
(c) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(d) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
4. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) Who is John Galt?
(b) What happened to New York City?
(c) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(d) Where have all the flowers gone?
5. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
(b) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(c) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(d) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
2. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
3. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
5. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)