|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
(b) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(c) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(d) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
2. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
(b) The close link he has to his mother.
(c) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
(d) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
3. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
4. What is "the chain"?
(a) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(b) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(c) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(d) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(b) He is Hank's brother.
(c) He holds an engineering degree.
(d) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
2. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
3. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
4. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
5. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)