|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7 "The Exploiters and the Exploited".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) James Ellis Wyatt
(d) John Galt
2. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(b) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(c) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(d) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
3. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(b) They cannot get the steel they need.
(c) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(d) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
4. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
(a) He knows the mines are worthless and wants to watch them go down with their own greed.
(b) He plays a game of marbles on the hotel room floor.
(c) He plays charades but no one can guess his subject.
(d) He plays poker with the Mexican President in a winner-take-all game.
5. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(b) Every man for himself Rule
(c) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(d) Anti-cooperation Rule
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
3. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
4. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)