|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
2. A theme that runs throughout ATLAS SHRUGGED is one which shows strength and character outside but emptiness and moral corruption inside. What metaphor does Ayn Rand use to illustrate this idea?
(a) The old oak tree that was struck by lightning.
(b) The engine of a Taggart train.
(c) The deteriorization of New York City.
(d) The flaws in Rearden steel.
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Potato Famine.
(c) The Spanish Revolution.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
4. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) James Ellis Wyatt
(c) John Galt
(d) Eddie Willers
5. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(b) Their wedding anniversary.
(c) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(d) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
2. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
3. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
4. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
5. What is "the chain"?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)