|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is the diamond king.
(b) He is a noted philanthropist.
(c) He is planning to run for President.
(d) He is a worthless playboy.
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(b) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(c) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
(d) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Revolution.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Potato Famine.
(d) The French Revolution.
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(c) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(d) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
5. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
(a) That the Mexican government will subsidise it.
(b) That is was not her idea.
(c) That it is going to help the communist government.
(d) That it is using Rearden steel rails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the chain"?
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
3. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)