|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
2. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
(a) He knows the mines are worthless and wants to watch them go down with their own greed.
(b) He plays a game of marbles on the hotel room floor.
(c) He plays charades but no one can guess his subject.
(d) He plays poker with the Mexican President in a winner-take-all game.
3. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
(a) Billionaires like Francisco d'Anconia.
(b) The National Alliance of Railroads
(c) The common people.
(d) Industrialists like Dagny and Rearden
4. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) Their wedding anniversary.
(b) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(c) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(d) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
5. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
(a) The theme song of the Taggart Transcontinental Railway.
(b) A composition to a dead oak tree.
(c) An undiscovered work my Mozart.
(d) A composition by Richard Halley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
2. What is "the chain"?
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
4. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
5. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)