|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "the chain"?
(a) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(d) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
2. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
(a) John Galt
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) James Ellis Wyatt
(d) Eddie Willers
3. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(b) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(c) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(d) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
4. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To marry Eddie Willers.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To become a fashion model.
(d) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
5. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(b) Making his pain go away.
(c) His dream of flying.
(d) His confused state of mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
2. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
4. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
5. What does Dagny object to about the San Sebastian Line?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)