|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
(b) The close link he has to his mother.
(c) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
(d) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
2. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(b) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(c) Dagny, you're a woman.
(d) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
3. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) Railroads are a thing of the past.
(b) I'm going into business for myself.
(c) Who is John Galt?
(d) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
4. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(b) What happened to New York City?
(c) Where have all the flowers gone?
(d) Who is John Galt?
5. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
2. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
3. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
5. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)