|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
2. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
(a) Where in the world is Dagny Taggert?
(b) What happened to New York City?
(c) Where have all the flowers gone?
(d) Who is John Galt?
3. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
(a) An undiscovered work my Mozart.
(b) A composition by Richard Halley.
(c) A composition to a dead oak tree.
(d) The theme song of the Taggart Transcontinental Railway.
4. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Jim Taggart
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Paul Larkin
(d) Ellis Wyatt
5. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
3. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)