|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Jim Taggart
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Ellis Wyatt
(d) Paul Larkin
2. What is "the chain"?
(a) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(b) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(c) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(d) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
3. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(b) Their wedding anniversary.
(c) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
(d) A celebration of Rearden metal.
4. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
(a) Oh well, next time I'll save you a paper.
(b) Oh well, who is John Galt?
(c) Oh well, we'll have your cigarettes tomorrow.
(d) Oh well, you need to stop smoking anyway.
5. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(b) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(c) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
(d) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
3. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)