|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
2. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) His dream of flying.
(b) His confused state of mind.
(c) Making his pain go away.
(d) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
3. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(b) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
(c) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(d) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
4. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
(a) An undiscovered work my Mozart.
(b) The theme song of the Taggart Transcontinental Railway.
(c) A composition by Richard Halley.
(d) A composition to a dead oak tree.
5. Who is almost single handedly responsible for opening up trade in Colorado?
(a) Jim Taggart
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Ellis Wyatt
(d) Paul Larkin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
3. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
4. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
5. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)