|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is planning to run for President.
(b) He is a worthless playboy.
(c) He is a noted philanthropist.
(d) He is the diamond king.
2. When Dagny demands to be made Vice President in Charge of Operations, what reason does Jim give her for opposing the idea?
(a) Dagny, father never intended for you to work at Taggert.
(b) Dagny, you're a woman.
(c) Dagny, you'll get married and leave.
(d) Dagny, you don't know anything about railroads.
3. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(b) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(c) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(d) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
4. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(b) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(c) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
(d) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
5. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) His dream of flying.
(b) His confused state of mind.
(c) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(d) Making his pain go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
2. What is "the chain"?
3. What is the "Fifth Concerto"?
4. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
5. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)