|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
2. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
(a) To become a fashion model.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To marry Eddie Willers.
(d) To run Taggart Rail Lines.
3. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
4. What is "the chain"?
(a) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(b) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(c) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(d) A means of restraining railroad workers.
5. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It is not a true socialist idea.
(b) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(c) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(d) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
3. What is the cryptic question that sets the mood of suspense in ATLAS SHRUGGED?
4. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
5. When Dagny stops at a newsstand buy cigarettes, what is the last thing the vendor says to her?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)