|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(b) Cry Me a River
(c) Halley's opera,
(d) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
2. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(b) Every man for himself Rule
(c) Anti-cooperation Rule
(d) Local and Transcontinental Rule
3. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
(a) He is at a meeting with Orren Boyle, James Taggart, and Paul Larkin.
(b) He is at a meeting with Dagny and Owen Kellogg.
(c) He never goes to his office in Washington.
(d) He cannot get in to see the President of the United States.
4. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
(a) You can't pay me what I'm worth.
(b) I'm going into business for myself.
(c) Who is John Galt?
(d) Railroads are a thing of the past.
5. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
2. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
3. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
4. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
5. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)